IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Beautiful young woman in a Nebula Gray F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-14, 10:54 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beautiful young woman in a Nebula Gray F-sport

I was leaving the Von’s in Toluca Lake when I saw my 1st Nebula Gray F-sport. Still had dealers tags in the windshield. It had the gray interior. I thought, “Well, at least I got to enjoy the exclusivity for about 6 months”. I was loading my car when I saw this beautiful young woman getting into the F-sport.

I walked up to her and asked her why she bought it. She replied that car is “just so pretty.” I asked her if she knew that it doesn’t have butt coolers and other amenities. She replied that yes, of course, she did know that, and that she traded in a fully loaded 2IS for the F-sport. She went on to say that she liked the 3IS so much better because the ride was better and that she felt it was a better car overall – and that it was “just the prettiest car”.

So I guess based on sales figures – Americans will not let a lack of amenities keep them from buying a car if the car looks great and rides great. Lexus knew this based on data and mathematical proofs. But to be fair, BMW and Merc figured it out first.

I can’t tell you the number of friends I have with BMW’s that have pleather and fewer options than the F-sport. They like the look and the ride --- so they bought BMW. Seeing the same thing with the MB CLA – can get a fully loaded Fusion or a stripped down MB for about the same price. A huge number of people will buy the CLA – stripped down to basics.
Old 01-05-14, 11:04 AM
KumaF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get her number?
Old 01-05-14, 12:07 PM
DreLo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Glashub
Seeing the same thing with the MB CLA – can get a fully loaded Fusion or a stripped down MB for about the same price. A huge number of people will buy the CLA – stripped down to basics.
I bought a CLA before I had the IS250. Mercedes bought it back for the full amount because it was a piece of crap. It is a very good looking car but that's about it. To get even some decent options you have to add a lot to the base price. Not worth it and I learned that the hard way.Fortunately, it all worked out in the end and I love my IS so much more.
Old 01-05-14, 01:32 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KumaF
Did you get her number?
I want to know the same!
Old 01-05-14, 02:03 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't get her number. Unlike my Lexus she looked like she would be high maintenance.
Old 01-05-14, 04:27 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glashub
I didn't get her number. Unlike my Lexus she looked like she would be high maintenance.
LOL. How can you disagree with beautiful young woman but I would've still loved an option for cooled seats and memory feature.

Happy new year Glashub! What do you think of the new Genesis?
Old 01-05-14, 07:43 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Happy New Year to you SonyHome! If the new Genesis is like the 2009-2013 -- it'll be rock solid and will offer features/tech that are on par with or ahead of the BMW, MB, & Lexus BUT it will lag in ride/handling/steering feel. I hear they spent a lot of time in Germany while developing the car. From what I understand though -- the ride/handling/steering are the hardest aspects for up and coming car companies to master. We'll see. If one is okay with getting service at a Hyundai dealership (I was) -- the Genesis is one heck of a great bargain. Also, to be fair, I never had a problem -- no a rattle -- not a nothing with the car -- so the dealership was a non-issue.
Old 01-05-14, 07:45 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

you dare post beautiful woman and do not post pics?
Old 01-05-14, 07:56 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Pics or it didn't happen! :-)
Old 01-05-14, 08:24 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

lol. You guys got me. You're right.
Old 01-06-14, 09:42 AM
waxy