IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Losing DTR Rebate because Lexus can't deliver on-time!

Old 12-31-13, 05:27 AM
Endaar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I noted earlier, rebates are inherently going to be independent of the financial company. (Subsidized rates are different.) Really your dealer needs to call their manufacturer rep. I don't think there's much you can do as the customer. Truthfully though, you're talking about a one week delay in delivery if I follow you correctly...while that's a big week in terms of rebates I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus refuses to do anything. Delivery dates are not set in stone.
Old 12-31-13, 07:09 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Endaar
As I noted earlier, rebates are inherently going to be independent of the financial company. (Subsidized rates are different.) Really your dealer needs to call their manufacturer rep. I don't think there's much you can do as the customer. Truthfully though, you're talking about a one week delay in delivery if I follow you correctly...while that's a big week in terms of rebates I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus refuses to do anything. Delivery dates are not set in stone.
While I wish you good luck Sony, I believe Endaar is correct. I have always special ordered my cars, never bought one off the lot. In each and every case, including my recent 3IS purchase, the dealer was clear that I would be entitled to only those incentives in effect on the day I took delivery of the vehicle.
Old 12-31-13, 08:26 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Endaar
If it was only delayed a week there wouldn't be a problem but it could be delayed 2 weeks which would put me beyond 1/2.

You may be right about Lexus not doing anything for it since they profit from not having to give the rebate.
Old 12-31-13, 08:29 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
While I wish you good luck Sony, I believe Endaar is correct. I have always special ordered my cars, never bought one off the lot. In each and every case, including my recent 3IS purchase, the dealer was clear that I would be entitled to only those incentives in effect on the day I took delivery of the vehicle.
Thanks for the information. What I'm frustrated with is if the car was delivered somewhat on time I would be ok but no one can tell me where the car is currently and status of when it would be delivered. Their normal timeline they stated would take have past.

If my car wasn't supposed to be here until after 1/2 to start with then I wouldn't have any issues.
Old 12-31-13, 09:56 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I did contact Lexus Corporate and they told me that Lexus will be extending the finance rebate publicly for everyone until 1/6 and I should have my car by then. I really hope my car does show up soon.
Old 12-31-13, 09:57 AM
calvinnr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I ask which dealership this is? That sucks!
Old 12-31-13, 10:04 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by calvinnr
May I ask which dealership this is? That sucks!
I don't think it's dealer's fault since they are waiting for the cars just like me. One thing I do wish is that dealers have better information about the status of my car during transport to know exactly where it is. They are clueless as much as I'm.
Old 01-02-14, 05:13 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Sony I called the customer assistance phone line (corporate I guess you can say) and the girl said they couldn't really do anything or really know anything about the rebates.. transferred me to lexus financial and the guy there said they don't handle that area and to call corporate back... didn't get anywhere so i just hung up. yeah more than likely, we won't be able to get them rebates.. 1750 pissed down the drain just like that FML!
Old 01-02-14, 06:43 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
Hey Sony I called the customer assistance phone line (corporate I guess you can say) and the girl said they couldn't really do anything or really know anything about the rebates.. transferred me to lexus financial and the guy there said they don't handle that area and to call corporate back... didn't get anywhere so i just hung up. yeah more than likely, we won't be able to get them rebates.. 1750 pissed down the drain just like that FML!
When is your car scheduled to arrive at dealership?
Old 01-02-14, 07:45 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

they said the car arrived at NY's port on 12/29. processing is going to be today. they gave me no further info or ETA when it could arrive on the lot.

I don't know how long processing is or delivery for that matter, but i hope it gets here by 1/6. I mean it's only a 4-5 hour drive from NY to the DMV area. Even with some stops in between to unload cars, I can't imagine it would take more than a couple days..really crossing my fingers, praying, doing the chicken-shuffle-electric slide dance hoping that it'll be here on the 6th!

btw, are certain the lexus is extending their DTR rebate deals etc., to 1/6? I haven't seen anything announced online.. just called the dealer he said he'll research and call me back at noon. did you confirm with your dealer to see if it'll be extended?
Old 01-02-14, 12:18 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Quick update: Dealer called me and said to send my insurance and transcript information over.. he seemed like he was in a rush but all he could say was the manager is authorizing a call in. he didn't quite have time to explain what a call in was, but from the bits and pieces i picked up of his foreign accent, he implied that either some action or some paper will start so that it can include the LSF financing rebate. i asked if i needed to come in and sign anything but he said no, not now. not sure how this all will pan out but hell i don't care.. just hope i get that rebate (plus the graduate student rebate as well).

Anyone with experience on this "call in" thing, please share. otherwise, i'll update you later Sony.
Old 01-04-14, 12:08 PM
Slust
Pole Position

The dealership honored the price estimate they gave me and gave me additional deals on top of that. They really went above and beyond in customer service. I did have to press the issue a bit but really not that hard. If you'd like more details I'd be happy to share.
Old 01-04-14, 03:56 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
Quick update: Dealer called me and said to send my insurance and transcript information over.. he seemed like he was in a rush but all he could say was the manager is authorizing a call in. he didn't quite have time to explain what a call in was, but from the bits and pieces i picked up of his foreign accent, he implied that either some action or some paper will start so that it can include the LSF financing rebate. i asked if i needed to come in and sign anything but he said no, not now. not sure how this all will pan out but hell i don't care.. just hope i get that rebate (plus the graduate student rebate as well).

Anyone with experience on this "call in" thing, please share. otherwise, i'll update you later Sony.
Sounds like they are "processing" your purchase i.e. doing the final paper work which technically should start the delivery process whether the car is physically on the lot or not. It sound like they are doing what they can to knowing the car is in route.
Old 01-06-14, 12:15 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

I sure hope so Crazy. I was really hoping it would get here by today, 1/6, so i can take advantage of the extended rebates. However, ETA just got pushed to 1/6-1/8.
Old 01-06-14, 12:17 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I did contact Lexus Corporate and they told me that Lexus will be extending the finance rebate publicly for everyone until 1/6 and I should have my car by then. I really hope my car does show up soon.
Sony, any progress on your end brother?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Losing DTR Rebate because Lexus can't deliver on-time!