IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

AVS (sport +)

Old 12-27-13, 05:14 AM
breezytint
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AVS (sport +)

Will there be an error code if the AVS system is unplugged?
I'm trying to decide btwn lowering springs and coilovers but don't want to have the error code showing......

Those with AVS and coilovers, how do you bypass the error code?
Old 12-27-13, 09:02 AM
FusterCluk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why bother getting AVS if you're going to swap out the suspension?
Old 12-27-13, 09:26 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by breezytint
Will there be an error code if the AVS system is unplugged?
I'm trying to decide btwn lowering springs and coilovers but don't want to have the error code showing......

Those with AVS and coilovers, how do you bypass the error code?
So I can better explain if I build it for you. Three parts. The AVS housing (big black dome covering the strut mounts) once you remove that you'll see the AVS module connected to two things. Top side is connected to the wiring harness and the other sits on top of the mount to go from normal to Sport+ mode. I am running on coilovers right now and i have the module connected to the harness. I'm sure that's where the potential error would come from seeing as i do not get any error message on my dash. So you're good there. NOW...you will hear however the rear modules trying to recalibrate themselves throughout your drive. Its just a small window of noise similar to the sounds the old school antennas made when retrieving back into the fender. Other than that...you're good to go.

You will notice that removing the dome is not the best idea because then you have to worry about where to place the harness...and the module in the engine bay. I took some soft padding you use to ship parts and stuffed enough of it under the dome so that the module wouldnt bang around the strut mount seeing how it wont be held down now. If you're local (socal) we can meet up and i can show you.

Good luck

Originally Posted by FusterCluk
Why bother getting AVS if you're going to swap out the suspension?
SPORT+ not only activates the AVS but it also tightens your steering. WIth the stock AVS you have two settings. Not sure what the stiffness levels are between normal and Sport+ but it is not as flexible obviously as a coilover setup. Even at a low level setup you have 16 levels of adjustments plus not to mention to ability to raise and lower your car to your desired height (something SPORT+ does not do). You lose the ability to go from one setting to another with a simple turn of a button but if you've ever had coils, you don't change them quite often.

and to better answer your question...the f-sport models come with AVS as a standard option. Not sure about the 250s but the 350s for sure (like mine) If it was optional i would've opted out knowing i wouldve swapped the stock suspension anyways. good luck...