IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Obsidian 3IS picture thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 12:06 PM
iPinky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
I think based on our conversations you are in the San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles area. If you ever want the name or number of my mobile detailer I can give it to you. Until then, just check our his Facebook page, its Superior Shine. This guy and his work is amazing and he helps me keep this shine. There is nothing worse in my opinion than a black car that looks awful because its not well maintained by the owner. Superior Shine is the best.
Yup. LA area. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

Originally Posted by bruteshot2
Happy F-Sport Friday!
HOT.
Old 01-03-14, 12:34 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bruteshot2
Happy F-Sport Friday!

Attachment 310225
Very very nice, i recognize that park off of Beverly and Sunset Boulevard.

I have to update some of my pics too!!
Old 01-03-14, 03:55 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing how everyone's obsidian from CA is spotless in all these pictures! Very envious!

I probably couldn't keep the car clean for more than a day or two here in twin cities during this time before it's covered in dirt and salt!

I'm headed to LA in Feb for training class. I'm hoping to get a little break from the harshness of winter for a week! Just so you CA people know what you are missing out, forecast for Monday, 1/6 is high of -17 degrees and low of -22 degrees. But by Friday it's supposed to hit 30 degrees, which could be considered heat wave by MN standards and temperatures we've been seeing recently.

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-03-14 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 05:33 PM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
I like this! ^ Looks dope!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by iPinky
HOT.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Very very nice, i recognize that park off of Beverly and Sunset Boulevard.

I have to update some of my pics too!!
Thanks Debbie! It's actually Brand Library Park up in Glendale but the palm trees lining the street closely resemble Beverly and Sunset.

Originally Posted by SonyHome
It's amazing how everyone's obsidian from CA is spotless in all these pictures! Very envious!

I probably couldn't keep the car clean for more than a day or two here in twin cities during this time before it's covered in dirt and salt!

I'm headed to LA in Feb for training class. I'm hoping to get a little break from the harshness of winter for a week! Just so you CA people know what you are missing out, forecast for Monday, 1/6 is high of -17 degrees and low of -22 degrees. But by Friday it's supposed to hit 30 degrees, which could be considered heat wave by MN standards and temperatures we've been seeing recently.
Haha it's a lot of work keeping it clean but I'm sure not as hard as it would be if we had to worry about snow/salt. I'm glad you'll get to escape the cold for a little bit next month!
Old 01-03-14, 07:11 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After being covered in salt and filth from the snow storms I was finally able to clean her up. Terrible iphone pic but thank god for ONR.
Attached Thumbnails Obsidian 3IS picture thread!-img_2216.jpg  
Old 01-03-14, 09:41 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Can't get over how much I love the front of my car. It's a sexy beast!!! Yes I have a handicap placard. Torn up my knee pretty bad and had surgery in September. When I clean my car have to sit down on a chair
Attached Thumbnails Obsidian 3IS picture thread!-image.jpg  
Old 01-04-14, 12:06 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Randre19
After being covered in salt and filth from the snow storms I was finally able to clean her up. Terrible iphone pic but thank god for ONR.
I bought some ONR too and will be trying for the first time soon. I really hope it works as advertised but it's still going to be cold in my garage.
Old 01-04-14, 04:38 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

I bought some ONR too and will be trying for the first time soon. I really hope it works as advertised but it's still going to be cold in my garage.
Yes, ONR works as advertised. I place a electric space heater in my garage when I wash and it helps a lot. Also, google :Gary Dean wash method." You use lots of microfiber towls in the wash process, put its worth it.
Old 01-04-14, 09:09 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Yes, ONR works as advertised. I place a electric space heater in my garage when I wash and it helps a lot. Also, google :Gary Dean wash method." You use lots of microfiber towls in the wash process, put its worth it.
Yeah, I read through that process and got some supplies to utilize that method. Thing that sucks for me is that I still have to go through the touch-less car wash to get the salt and dirt off first so it's really not saving me any time or money.

I have little space heater so I'll try that to keep little warmer also.
Old 01-04-14, 10:29 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Yeah, I read through that process and got some supplies to utilize that method. Thing that sucks for me is that I still have to go through the touch-less car wash to get the salt and dirt off first so it's really not saving me any time or money.

I dont have a space heater in my garage so it stays pretty cold but I find that using ONR as spot treatment (4:1) on the really salty spots like the middle of the car and below helps alot. I simply spray it all over the area and let it sit for a minute and then wipe away with my wash media. Also, I use hot water which I think helps alot. Its the little things haha. You got through more ONR using it at as spot treatment but I think it helps clean the car better.
Old 01-05-14, 07:20 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Bump this thread
Old 01-17-14, 04:21 PM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my baby. Don't mind the dirty setting, had to pick something up at pep boys and I thought my car look great. & no I did not use that carwash in the background haha, I hand wash mine.
also debating on a grimmspeed license plate relocater but I actually like where my plate is at now.

Old 01-17-14, 05:13 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Randre19
^Looks great!

^Go to the coin-op power wash instead of paying to go through the touchless wash. I can power wash my entire car at the coin op place for $1.50 and then drive home and do a rinseless wash with Optimum No Rinse in my garage, then top it with CarPro Reload for added protection
Old 01-17-14, 06:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFsprt
Here's my baby. Don't mind the dirty setting, had to pick something up at pep boys and I thought my car look great. & no I did not use that carwash in the background haha, I hand wash mine.
also debating on a grimmspeed license plate relocater but I actually like where my plate is at now.

Looks great. Tough to beat a spotless Obsidian with armor-alled tires.
Old 01-20-14, 08:10 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here is my beauty after a fresh wash and wax
Attached Thumbnails Obsidian 3IS picture thread!-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Obsidian 3IS picture thread!