IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Radio Swap due to Nav Screen Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-13, 09:56 AM
McBrain
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
I don't think that update fix the problem, I already had the 8500 firmware update
The threads make it pretty clear that there is no fix - definitely read past the first post of the big thread. The "resolved" text is misleading. In fact the 8500 is being blamed as a possible problem. My car was manufactured in September so most likely had the 8500 FW. I think what is happening is some folks are getting new units with 8400. That may be a band-aid, *but* a band-aid is better than a completely dead unit or one that barely functions. Everyone who is having these issues needs to write to Lexus that they need to fess up that this is a defect and there is no known fix and that they are working on it.

Last edited by McBrain; 12-14-13 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-14-13, 11:27 AM
eyeball
Lead Lap

At what point is it considered a lemon
Old 12-14-13, 12:16 PM
McBrain
Driver

Originally Posted by eyeball
At what point is it considered a lemon
I think it depends on the state, usually around 3-4 attempts. I'll go through the lemon process if it gets to that point. Hopefully not of course. That's why its important to persist and just keep going back. Once the clock starts ticking I think you have a year.
Old 12-14-13, 02:58 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

I've seen a quick blue flash on mine a couple of times. I need to update my software for audio system...keep getting an "iPod Error" EVERY time...but other than that, I have standard radio.
Old 12-16-13, 04:59 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the day after my friend picked up his 2014 IS350 AWD FSPORT, he had screen freezes during NAV situations and playback of bluetooth audio...

had the firmware software update done at the dealer as per the TSIB....now his system randomly reboots and I saw it happen...

very frustrating....hoping a real fix comes soon, swapping out hardware shouldn't be the solution
Old 12-19-13, 01:22 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My daily drive to work is like around 10 minutes and I don't have much time driving the car for long distance, so haven't see any reboot or freeze
Old 12-19-13, 04:26 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ybing
My daily drive to work is like around 10 minutes and I don't have much time driving the car for long distance, so haven't see any reboot or freeze
If you had the recent update, chances are your Nav/radio will eventually reboot. Lexus suspects the the recent update destroys the hard drive. My car is sitting at a Lexus dealership awaiting the parts for nav/radio swap. I really hope this fixes it. I'll post my results.
Old 12-19-13, 08:08 PM
sascher18
Driver School Candidate

I've had the same issue with the blinking Naviagation. First I had the lights on automatic and thought that was the reason for the blinking, that is not the case.
Old 12-19-13, 08:25 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I see a lot less rebooting and blue screen flashes when I have nothing plugin in the USB.
Old 12-20-13, 01:04 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
I see a lot less rebooting and blue screen flashes when I have nothing plugin in the USB.
I only use bluetooth, coz looks like USB you cannot put songs in different folder, it will only play specific folder each time, again since it won't display Chinese... it won't work... or maybe I didn't do it properly?
Old 12-21-13, 06:37 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Got my car back today, with the new radio and nav installed. Put 100 miles on the car, and everything is working so far. In terms of your nav, radio, vehicular, phone, and app settings, allow time to reenter everything, b/c you're starting over. Took me forever to download the apps from Lexus--I'd recommend doing it when you have a wireless internet connection for your cell phone. No complaints about the dealer as they provided a vehicle for me during the week they had my car.

Again, no resets or flashes at this point. I'll report back if things go south.
Old 12-21-13, 06:41 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Got my car back today, with the new radio and nav installed. Put 100 miles on the car, and everything is working so far. In terms of your nav, radio, vehicular, phone, and app settings, allow time to reenter everything, b/c you're starting over. Took me forever to download the apps from Lexus--I'd recommend doing it when you have a wireless internet connection for your cell phone. No complaints about the dealer as they provided a vehicle for me during the week they had my car.

Again, no resets or flashes at this point. I'll report back if things go south.
So what are the different version of software and hardware do you have now? Could you post that screenshot? Want to compare it with mine when I get it in couple weeks.
Old 12-21-13, 07:56 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
What about the delay / lag / choppiness / un-smoothness?? All resolved?? Thanks.
Old 12-21-13, 08:14 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dbs600
What about the delay / lag / choppiness / un-smoothness?? All resolved?? Thanks.
DBS, it's better but not perfect. There's still some lag with screen changes, but it's not as objectionable.

Sony, not quite sure where to find the software/hardware versions I'm now using. Let me check this out and get back to you.
Old 12-22-13, 06:01 AM
ybing
Intermediate

My nav screen was not on when I start the car last night, it came up only when the backup camera is off; maybe I should try replacing it too

Quick Reply: Radio Swap due to Nav Screen Flashing