IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

anyone else having issues with BT streaming audio?

Old 10-16-13, 03:58 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone else having issues with BT streaming audio?

Here is the issue I am having. Upon first time switching to BT audio or the Pandora app in the suite, the audio stream works fine. Once i switch to another source (FM, XM, etc) and then back to BT the audio no longer plays, even though I know data is being sent through. Only way I have found to fix this is to disable the phone's BT and re-enable. Phone auto connects and BT works again. This happening to anyone else?
Old 10-16-13, 06:13 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not had this issue sorry
Old 10-16-13, 07:18 AM
Sonik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have similar issues- in particular with Pandora and its audo streaming cutting out. I'll see the song as if its playing but no audio. So I know I'm on the source, its just not pumping the audi. I've even had issues where it was screwed because after a call. I have an Iphone 5 on the latest IOS btw.

It's a bit frustrating to be honest- frankly its my probably one of the few gripes I have with the car. Wish I had a solution for you, but all I can offer you is that you're not the only one. Maybe someone will chime in..
Old 10-16-13, 07:56 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Oh guess i should say I'm using a Galaxy S4. This thread here (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nightmare.html) seems to say it's an issue with having the phone plugged into the USB slots, which I do use to charge the phone, but pretty sure it does it also when unplugged. Until I hear other possible causes I will pay attention to see if the issue is happening even when my phone is unplugged.
Old 10-16-13, 08:01 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Fastdak what sw version is your nav? 8400 or 8500?
Old 10-16-13, 08:10 AM
2014IS250
Rookie

No issues...
Old 10-16-13, 10:05 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alexlude
Fastdak what sw version is your nav? 8400 or 8500?
don't know, will have to look when I get back out to the car after work. What's the difference?
Old 10-16-13, 10:08 AM
bwk
Rookie

No issues since the firmware updates at the dealer
Old 10-16-13, 12:09 PM
ocis350f
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fastdak25
Here is the issue I am having. Upon first time switching to BT audio or the Pandora app in the suite, the audio stream works fine. Once i switch to another source (FM, XM, etc) and then back to BT the audio no longer plays, even though I know data is being sent through. Only way I have found to fix this is to disable the phone's BT and re-enable. Phone auto connects and BT works again. This happening to anyone else?
Same thing happens to me, except I have to restart the car to fix the bluetooth connection after restarting the bluetooth on my phone. Can't wait for the software/firmware update to fix this and the other problems with the Audio/Navi
Old 10-16-13, 01:16 PM
Appleman
Rookie

Originally Posted by ocis350f
Same thing happens to me, except I have to restart the car to fix the bluetooth connection after restarting the bluetooth on my phone. Can't wait for the software/firmware update to fix this and the other problems with the Audio/Navi
In case you didn't know, you can just reboot the audio system by holding down the volume **** for about 3 secs. Save you from restarting the whole car.
Old 10-16-13, 04:58 PM
waxy
Pole Position

I have the same issues with bluetooth as well.

Currently have unlimited data with ATT, using an iPhone 5s with iOS7.
It tethers and displays all the information fine, but there's no audio...
I checked the speaker settings, treble, base, speaker spread, enable surround and nothing.
Fiddled with it for a while until I gave up.

Decided to use the Light Cable instead and directly via USB.
Just liked the idea of having all the Pandora information, playlists and such directly on your screen without having to look at your phone.

Tested Yelp, Bing, Open table and all they work very well.
Yelp especially, shows all the information, reviews, pictures of the food, number, hours, even lets you map it and route it on your car. Very useful, but the only problem is you cannot use it while the car is in motion.

I'm currently using the older version of the car update, waiting for my dealer to contact me regarding the newer update.
Old 10-16-13, 07:50 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

I've had similar issues with this. When I'm in BT mode and switch over to the iPod mode or vice versa, it sometimes doesn't play and it shows its playing on both my phone and screen...kinda frustrating.
Old 10-16-13, 08:14 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on version 8400 of the firmware and right now just had my pandora setting reset itself back to default. Treble, Bass and mids all went back to default. And volume was really really low.

I switch to Sat and all was normal. I bumped up the volume while on Pandora to 33 and it was still sounding lower than usual. Not sure what happened here.

I've had no issues with streaming though. I can even charge my tablet on the USB and streaming still works fine.
Old 10-16-13, 08:50 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Document bug and contact lexus!! Saying just here won't get it fixed!!
Old 12-03-13, 09:15 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

Not an issue w/ bluetooth, but I use a usb cable for my iPhone. Do any of y'all still get the "iPod Error" message still??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone else having issues with BT streaming audio?