IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Good Dealership in Florida/near Sarasota?

Old 11-16-13, 12:19 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Good Dealership in Florida/near Sarasota?

I'm looking for a good lexus dealership? I've been to Wilde Lexus twice and both times haven't liked the service. The first time it wasn't bad but definitely not great, the most recent time, today, I walked in and the preowned salesman accompanied me and walked up to two 2014 sellers and asked if one of them would help me and they both looked at me and then restarted their conversation and completely ignored me... Wtf? It was so rude that neither would help me and I haven't the slightest clue why. Other than the fact that I'm 20 and probably look about 17, there was nothing wrong with me.

The person that eventually did help me was also rude. I kept asking questions about the standard features on the car, to which he kept saying the F sport doesn't have it and asked me why I was so interested in things the F sport didn't have, to which I responded that the competition had those features and I was just curious that was all. He flat out looked me in the eye and said maybe you should go buy one of their cars then. I left after that.

So long story short, are there any other good dealerships in Florida preferably on the west coast?
Old 11-16-13, 04:51 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a bad time. I was a younger buyer too (not as young though), so I'm no stranger to dealers not taking me as seriously. You might have a better time if you make an appointment first with a specific salesperson. I feel for you though!
Old 11-16-13, 07:05 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

In general, I don't think that you should have to dress to the nines in order for sales people to give you the time of day. My old money, wealthy friend buy cars in flip flops all the time. Sales people lose out when they stereotype like that

I'm sure there are rich 18-20 year olds out there, too.
Old 11-16-13, 08:32 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eyeball
In general, I don't think that you should have to dress to the nines in order for sales people to give you the time of day. My old money, wealthy friend buy cars in flip flops all the time. Sales people lose out when they stereotype like that

I'm sure there are rich 18-20 year olds out there, too.
Yeah it's just really frustrating. I'm there to ask questions and get honest answers and maybe learn some stuff I don't already know about the car, went to Infiniti and had the nicest sales guy ever. Had I had the same experience at lexus I would have probably bought a car today...=/ I just don't understand why people stereotype like this.

Anyway i'm going to tampa tomorrow so hopefully the dealership there will prove more helpful.
Old 11-17-13, 10:10 AM
MikeLex79
Driver School Candidate

Default Leasing broker.

I am a leasing broker based out of Miami. If you want give me a call and I can guarantee I will beat the prices out there and can deliver the car straight to your door. Give me a call at 954.512.0199. www.ozleasing.com
Old 11-18-13, 08:11 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've bought all of mine from Scanlon in Ft. Myers, I have been pretty happy with them. I live between Orlando and Tampa but buy down there because they always beat Orlando's price and I have had bad service in Tampa.
Old 11-19-13, 08:07 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

I used to live in Jacksonville. Lexus of Jacksonville is great!
Old 11-20-13, 06:50 AM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm going to take a trip up to tampa soon and just check it out there and if not orlando isn't too much further from tampa.
Old 11-20-13, 08:00 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I used to live in Jacksonville. Lexus of Jacksonville is great!
My sister used to love that dealership and bought two cars there but she had some bad experiences recently and ended up buying from Orlando.
Old 11-27-13, 01:37 PM
srq
Driver School Candidate

Kadify

I too looking to buy a new Lexus. My recent experience with Lexus Sarasota exactly the same. The sales team were absolutely terrible not at all friendly. It was one of my worst experiences. I got the impression unless you are buying right then and there they just dont want to speak to you. There is no 'sales/information' process with Sarasota.

I have since contacted Tampa and Fort Myers via phone. Tampa have given me a really good price. Fort Myers seems to be little hard sell and want me in the dealership before they will quote, so ive not got much hope for them.
I can't believe car salesmen havent moved on since the 1980's. People want help and information these days to make informed choices not rude idiots. I expected better from Lexus of Sarasota
Old 11-27-13, 02:57 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by srq
Kadify

I too looking to buy a new Lexus. My recent experience with Lexus Sarasota exactly the same. The sales team were absolutely terrible not at all friendly.

People want help and information these days to make informed choices not rude idiots. I expected better from Lexus of Sarasota
Why is this an ongoing problem at this dealership? Why haven't they been reprimanded by the powers that be?
Old 11-27-13, 04:57 PM
srq
Driver School Candidate

Why is this an ongoing problem at this dealership? Why haven't they been reprimanded by the powers that be?
It's quite big dealership. They seem to have alot of customers so i don't think they really care.
I think the word that best describes the experience for me was 'disrespectful'. I am able to get better customer service and respect buying a $30 kettle from Target than I can buying a 50k Lexus in Sarasota.
Old 11-27-13, 07:37 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

I honestly think it is the particular salespeople. The preowned sales associate was super friendly and helpful and one day when I was walking around there was an old man looking at a new LX and his salesperson seemed really friendly as well. That being said if someone is even considering an $80000, the sales person better be nice. I just don't know why some of the workers here are disrespectful and that is the perfect description. I'm going to check out tampa I think.
Old 10-06-14, 11:46 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Who was your sales person? I have/had Greg at Wilde Lexus, was a mundane experience, almost as if he didnt want to do business. I ended up at Lexus of Clearwater for the best deal. I also tried Lexus of Tampa; they are the same company as lexus of Clearwater, but the trade-in value differed by $3000 so I went with Clearwater.