usuariof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates?
Old 04-08-15, 06:00 PM
FrOHiKE
Driver

I have the same issue in my 2015 IS350 F-Sport. Anyone able to solve it? Will check out the hood release handle as posted above.
Old 04-08-15, 11:33 PM
MrSlopra
Driver School Candidate

I've traced my driver's door rattle to the control circle for the mirrors. A song with any amount of bass rattles this and it's the most annoying thing ever! If I just put some pressure on that circle without actually pressing it the rattle goes away.

Anyone else have their rattle there? Any ideas on a fix or just take it in? I haven't looked at it yet.
Old 04-09-15, 09:03 AM
MrSlopra
Driver School Candidate

I take that back. This morning I found that it is actually the plastic right above the control circle for the mirrors. I guess putting enough pressure on the circle helped it initially. Luckily this seems like it'll be an easier fix now
Old 04-09-15, 09:13 AM
AusLoX
Driver School Candidate

Most the rattle comes from two spots.

1) Check the door panel where the power window buttons are located.

2) The driver or passenger side mirrors rattle inside the housing on rough road.
Old 04-09-15, 10:29 PM
mosefus
Driver School Candidate

I believe it's from the power window switches on the driver side. When I hear the rattling I hold down on the master windows switches and it stops. I'll have dealer look at it with my next oil change since the local Toyota delearship can't do due to warranty restrictions.
Old 04-09-15, 11:10 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its kinda tricky sometimes to identify the source of the rattle while driving because you gotta pay attention to road and cant move much. I flipped out bonkers when i heard rattles from passenger side.

Then i found out it was seatbelt buckle tapping a little against trim and moved it. Second time someone left a water bottle.
Old 05-22-15, 08:03 AM
aa1419
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by h1ghtempla
sorry for late reply guys. actually my rattle was not fixed. it came back after awhile. I think it's from the inside door handle. When I press on that, the rattle disappeared...I may take back to dealer again....
Any updates. I noticed the exact same thing with my IS and I will notify the dealer on my next service appointment. But just wondering if there's a way you can do it yourself. Thanks.
Old 02-04-18, 04:22 PM
rupok
Driver School Candidate

Reviving this thread. I am having similar issues on driver and passenger side door panels. It seems to be coming from the door panels but not sure where. Could you guys provide pictures or clearer locations where you found the issues? I doubt the dealers will fix them.
Old 02-05-18, 07:46 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

Hmmm any updates on this?
Old 02-08-18, 02:30 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2017 Lexus IS300AWD here. Driver side door rattle when the window is fully closed. It almost sounds like the window motor or whatever mechanism in behind the door is loose.

Funny is that this happened in my 2009 Lexus IS and the dealer fixed it by tightening the door hinge. Not sure if this is the case.
Old 02-10-18, 07:55 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

lol Lexus still didnt fix this music rattle by "Mirror driver side door panel" ? Mine 2015 i pressed that little cover down every times i play loud music, magically its gone now for weird reason, i don't know, the weird noise passenger side when you go over a bump, it was my Battery bracket loose, but another noise you barely here and noticeable, someone said its the passenger side hood adjustment shock/lock something like that.

Like other said, Lexus IS isn't solid they also have Gas Cap and Trunk rattle, every times i close all doors i hear a loud rattle in the Gas Tank Cap area, every times i close to trunk, i hear rattle noise in Licence plate area , every times i TAKE OFF i hear 1 CLICK in the rear Differential case area. don't want to Mention Navigation rebooting problem.

Gen3 IS body styling designed and detail is AWESOME, suspension and driving experience is AWESOME, but Electrical and assembling isn't that good, 2 small things i want to say, 1 ,Why is the IS 3.5L engine year 2006-2016 leans FORWARD in the cold day at Stop when in GEAR D until the car fully warmed then it goes back to normal ? 2, the REAR Windshield (back glass) liner/trim/moulding whatever u call it has a cheap design ? i compare my 2015 Lexus back-glass side trim to my 20 years Toyota Solara, the Lexus one looks so cheap, the Solara one has a nice Chrome Trim outline the glass ?
Old 03-28-19, 07:35 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reviving this thread. I brought my car to the dealer about 8-9 times now. pretty much every tech at the dealer/service heard the noise, even brought it to a body shop but can't fix the issue.

Reached out to Lexus Canada but i don't know where that's going to go.

The noise is so damn annoying beside my ear.... I can't believe Lexus quality as dipped this low. The service even said they tested and found the noise on all the Lexus IS cars in their lot... i find that bs
Old 03-29-19, 07:31 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
Reviving this thread. I brought my car to the dealer about 8-9 times now. pretty much every tech at the dealer/service heard the noise, even brought it to a body shop but can't fix the issue.

Reached out to Lexus Canada but i don't know where that's going to go.

The noise is so damn annoying beside my ear.... I can't believe Lexus quality as dipped this low. The service even said they tested and found the noise on all the Lexus IS cars in their lot... i find that bs
Sounds like PDI at the dealership isn't up to par. I've never driven an IS with that door rattle, even on our rough KCMO roads. It's probably fixable, but it sounds like the dealer isn't cooperative - they should be.
Old 03-23-20, 06:37 PM
Prochr0744
Driver School Candidate

How did you open the switch panel?

Originally Posted by h1ghtempla
Hey guys
this is just my follow up.
I have came back and forth to DMV for fixing. they did some road test and could duplicate problem twice. they fixed seat belt and insulated handle. However they did not fix problem.
I mentioned master switch panel but they just did not believe me.
I bought insulating tape myself and I opened the switch panel, and I noticed noise when you apply some force to the switching device. I just applied tape to all contacting points.
the problem has gone....thank god....

Quick Reply: 2014 IS350 F-Sport Driver Door Rattle