IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Waiting game: waited how long till you get/got your 2014 IS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 04:56 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RangerTom
I ordered my 2014 IS350 F Sport on 23 July, order submitted in Aug for a 21 October production. Production locked date 17 October. Listed production date: 10/24/2013, Available for shipment (CBU) 10/25/2013, Vessel Departure (CBU) 10/29/2013 and Vessel Arrival (cbu) 11/24/2013. As noted in other posts, it looks like ordering before the 20th of each month is key. Not sure about you guys but it's like pulling teeth to get any info from the dealer. You would think this was their first rodeo.....
I'm not so sure if the 20th thing is true. I ordered mine on 9/23 and couple weeks ago dealer told me my order was "locked". I been trying to figure out what "locked" means and based on your posting that could be "Production locked" date. I've asked my dealer when my build date is but they don't seem to have any more info than to tell me it's "locked".

I special ordered and ~ month into it I basically have no info. My order is "locked", what ever that means, is all I know! So really you have a lot more info than a lot of others here!
Old 10-23-13, 07:08 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put in my order at around mid-August for an IS350 F-Sport AWD with ML and BSM. I got kinda lucky as my dealer was able to secure an existing allocation, and the car will be here later this week. AWD, F-Sport, and ML is almost impossible to find together in the DC area, so I'm happy with a ~2-month wait. I'd imagine if it were a full custom order it would've taken at least another month to get here.
Old 10-23-13, 07:29 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abcsoup
I put in my order at around mid-August for an IS350 F-Sport AWD with ML and BSM. I got kinda lucky as my dealer was able to secure an existing allocation, and the car will be here later this week. AWD, F-Sport, and ML is almost impossible to find together in the DC area, so I'm happy with a ~2-month wait. I'd imagine if it were a full custom order it would've taken at least another month to get here.
What color exterior/interior are you getting?
Old 10-23-13, 09:09 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
What color exterior/interior are you getting?
Nebula gray with light gray interior. The real importance for me was the gray exterior color; interior I would've been happy with anything, but I think light gray contrasts nicely with the black headliner, dash, and carpets.
Old 10-24-13, 05:20 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abcsoup
Nebula gray with light gray interior. The real importance for me was the gray exterior color; interior I would've been happy with anything, but I think light gray contrasts nicely with the black headliner, dash, and carpets.
Yes, there is a video on this forum showing off the features of the 3IS. The car in the clip is Nebula/light grey. The combo does look great together. I have just about your car on order, except my interior is rioja red and no BSM. Getting the Mark Levinson was important to me. I hope you are enjoying it!

FYI, if you want to take a look at the video, it was posted on 10/23 and is titled "2014 Lexus IS350 In-Depth Review," although it is more of a detailed walkaround rather than a review

Last edited by CtSFox; 10-24-13 at 05:35 AM. Reason: added link to video for abcsoup
Old 10-30-13, 05:49 AM
RangerTom
Driver School Candidate

Default Power in numbers

It seems like some dealers appreciate the fact that you have made a decent size purchase so they do their job. I used the information I got from these threads to make my dealer do their job and get the info I requested. They order vehicles all the time and should know who to contact to get this information. If your sales guy is dumb or playing dumb, I would contact the sales manager...... Good luck!
Old 10-30-13, 03:21 PM
abcsoup
Driver

I juuuust picked up my car last night, and I'm really loving it. I actually ended up with a black interior instead of what I though would be light gray due to a misunderstanding with my salesguy. I basically told him that I wanted Nebula Gray exterior, but interior could be anything, just get it here as fast as possible. He forwarded me a sample loadout for me to confirm the options, and it had light gray shown, but that was just a pricing/options sample and not the actual vehicle I ended up with (VINs didn't match). Anyways, black looks great!

So back to the thread topic: it took 2.5 months to get my car from my order date.
Old 12-02-13, 01:52 PM
AMalick
Rookie

Originally Posted by AMalick
In South Africa you wait about 4 and a half months for an IS 350 F-Sport. For a non F-Sport variant you wait about 2 months. Don't understand the dif's.

We don't get any of the IS 250 variants or the Hybrid just yet.

I have been waiting since August 2013 for a IS 350 F-Sport and expect the car in early December 2013.
Got some more bad news today. The dealer informed me via e-mail that my car is now delayed until end Jan 2014. . I cant take this anymore, so i'm strongly considering another brand.
Old 12-02-13, 02:26 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got some more bad news today. The dealer informed me via e-mail that my car is now delayed until end Jan 2014. . I cant take this anymore, so i'm strongly considering another brand.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that bad news. Turns out the wait here in the US is about 4 months too if you don't get lucky and get an allocated vehicle. This is day 120 of my wait. And about 2 more weeks to go. The car arrived at the port last night. I too was seriously thinking of going elsewhere. I am a big fan of Lexus, but I could easily become a fan of some of these other rides out here.
Old 12-02-13, 02:30 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a black cadillac ATS turbo with the red sport interior? Those look pretty nice and are a little cheaper.
Old 12-03-13, 08:38 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Originally Posted by John510
How about a black cadillac ATS turbo with the red sport interior? Those look pretty nice and are a little cheaper.
Unfortunately Cadillac is no longer available in South Africa, they pulled out in 2012 due to poor sales.
Old 01-07-14, 11:02 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Default Its here

Got a surprise call from my car dealer today. My car is here. Take delivery on Friday.
Old 01-07-14, 11:59 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

mine was on the lot
Old 01-07-14, 04:15 PM
Endaar
Driver School Candidate

I should be placing an order this week, before the 20th. One of the issues we've been negotiating was delivery time and I was told today that they expect a May delivery but will refund my deposit if they can't deliver by June 15th. So that would be five months. Nebula Grey / Red IS350 F-Sport if that matters.

Endaar
Old 01-07-14, 04:18 PM
skrules
Rookie

I bought my car on 12/21 and got it on 12/28. One week wait for me.

Quick Reply: Waiting game: waited how long till you get/got your 2014 IS?