IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

alarm for f sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-13, 01:47 AM
xbigboix83
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm for f sport

I have a couple questions. One would be what alarm would be good for the is 2014 f sport. And if I do install it. Would I be able to use the same key fob so I can open the doors automatic without taking out the key fob. And how much would that alarm cost? Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 10-08-13, 09:19 AM
enoren
Pole Position

I thought the IS included an alarm from the factory...
Old 10-08-13, 09:36 AM
RaysurX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xbigboix83
I have a couple questions. One would be what alarm would be good for the is 2014 f sport. And if I do install it. Would I be able to use the same key fob so I can open the doors automatic without taking out the key fob. And how much would that alarm cost? Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
It unlikely you would be able to pair an aftermarket alarm to the factory FOB. Since the factory alarm has an engine immobilizer already, I'm assuming you want an additional aftermarket for glass breakage? While the factory glass breakage system is more expensive, it would be cleaner to not go aftermarket because in the long run it will be a cleaner (from a wiring perspective) to not have an aftermarket messing with your underdash wiring harnesses and ignition wires etc. I know aftermarket systems have been around along time but at this level (price of car) my perspective/opinion is to keep things as clean as possible.
Old 10-08-13, 07:52 PM
xbigboix83
Rookie

Okay thanks. Do you believe that thr glass break system works well ? Ive heard different reviews on it.
Old 10-08-13, 09:44 PM
RaysurX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xbigboix83
Okay thanks. Do you believe that thr glass break system works well ? Ive heard different reviews on it.
Dunno about the glass break quality. Just remember, you can't 100% stop someone from breaking in or taking the whole car. Simple things like, where you park, what you leave out of sight helps. The only thing with glass break sensors is that they are tuned to pick up tempered glass breaking. When you tint windows, the tint will hold the glass together (if it is broken)and therefore sensors might not pick this sound up. You will have to further research this. Shock and exterior/interior motion sensors are also too much of a pain to tune to all situations...

So my advice / opinion:
If you want to try to further protect or recover the "whole car" (entire car, rims, mods - that usually get stripped off after a car is taken somewhere else) - get the LoJack.

If you want to protect the interior contents from theft - get glass break and more importantly, leave nothing in sight. Thieves won't generally break in unless they see something. I know it sounds like common sense but just taking the time to throw stuff in your trunk before you park can save you a lot of grief.

Last edited by RaysurX; 10-08-13 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-08-13, 10:11 PM
xbigboix83
Rookie

I appreciate your opinion and the time to respond. Thank you very much