IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Old 11-20-13, 08:39 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I hear about magnussen. As for sales, I went there and they said the best they could sell me the car was at invoice price. While others around Bay Area were selling below invoice.
Old 11-21-13, 08:42 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke with Lexus corporate, which states a new firmware (not software) version has been released to dealers for the “RC2” system, which should resolve Enform’s delay / lag and navigation system choppiness.

While they state there’s a service bulletin for same, they wouldn’t provide the service bulletin number, stating same is internal, but also stated we’re still on software version 8500 (that this is an update to same).

Anyone receive the update yet? Notice any difference? Any way we can get our hands on the service bulletin? Annoying we can’t update same ourselves!

I hope this works, but if not, I encourage everyone experiencing difficulty to notify Lexus. You can either call them at: 800-25-LEXUS (53987) or e-mail them here: http://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/ask.

Thanks.

Last edited by dbs600; 11-25-13 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-25-13, 09:24 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

OK--got the update on Saturday, and have had two system resets since. No issues before the update. I live 93 miles from the dealer (which is the one closest to me). Should have left well enough alone...
Old 11-25-13, 10:23 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

which update did you get 8500 or newer?
Old 11-25-13, 10:38 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

On my way home today my system was resetting constantly, 5-6 times then it went to a blue page with a tablet looking device and a loading bar showed up with the words, "System loading. Do not power off." I was driving on the freeway, kinda freaked me out thinking the car could just stop suddenly. When the system came back on, my nav was totally off, it was not even showing me driving on any roads.

I purchased my car in August and never had any of the problems people were describing in this thread until today, thought I was lucky, guess not.

Not sure if this is related, but when I started the car it didn't sound like the normal healthy start up engine roar, it kinda choked out a start up noise with a low puff at the end. That was one reason I thought the car could shut off on me.

I'm coming up on my 5K, and going to go in for service soon, not sure if I should mention this issue and have it updated since people don't seem to have any resolutions yet. BTW, the "-Resolved" part of this thread title should be removed since it hasn't been resolved yet.
Old 11-27-13, 08:39 AM
cal0104
Driver School Candidate

hey, my car will be arriving soon and does anyone know what is the latest version of the software and firmware? I want to ask them to have it fully updated before picking up my car.
Old 11-27-13, 09:50 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cal0104
hey, my car will be arriving soon and does anyone know what is the latest version of the software and firmware? I want to ask them to have it fully updated before picking up my car.
They won't do it. I tried to have it done before I picked up mine, too. You have to file an official complaint in order for them to do the service. Terrible business model, in my opinion.
Old 11-27-13, 10:59 AM
Appleman
Rookie

Has anybody from Canada got an update? HIDPH or AndyL? I took mine to the dealer last week and they said it was a known issue but there were no updates and to check back in a month.

Program Version: V10A8000
Old 11-27-13, 11:37 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I brought my car into the dealer (North Miami Beach Lexus) and they had my car for 2 days, they said my car "is not taking the update" and they are going to order me a whole new radio system and replace...but the radio system is on backorder so for now I am just stuck with a radio/navi that doesn't work properly.

at this point, should I be contacting Lexus corporate to complain...I don't really care about getting free stuff but maybe it will help speed up the process of getting this problem resolved.
Old 11-29-13, 10:11 PM
daz23
Driver School Candidate

2014 is350F and iphone 5s

I have had the update as well but Pandora and iHeartRadio are the two apps that still don't work. But unlike the others reporting similar issues in this thread, mine act like dead icons...clicking on them has no effect, no error, nothing...just no action at all. I was at my dealership today trying to troubleshoot all the various possibilities - hard resets on the nav, iphone 5s, switching phones, uninstalling and reinstalling enform, linking via usb cable vs bluetooth, etc. etc. etc. but nothing worked still. Dealership staff have been trying their best but I'm feeling annoyed at this point...
Old 12-05-13, 03:02 PM
redcupr
Driver

Here's the latest with my radio/nav system. Today it restarted itself 4 times in 20 minutes, the last time the system went blank for about a minute and the screen showed an image of a memory card and said something like "System loading, do not turn off".

Called my service advisor, they're ordering a new radio unit for me. I'm not convinced that this will resolve anything, but we'll see.
Old 12-05-13, 03:06 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by redcupr
Here's the latest with my radio/nav system. Today it restarted itself 4 times in 20 minutes, the last time the system went blank for about a minute and the screen showed an image of a memory card and said something like "System loading, do not turn off".

Called my service advisor, they're ordering a new radio unit for me. I'm not convinced that this will resolve anything, but we'll see.
They are ordering me a new radio as well, told me its on backorder and did not provide me with any ETA. I am very annoyed with Lexus at this point.

I was driving somewhere last night and using the navigation to direct me, it rebooted about 3x and one time I missed my exit because I was not sure where to go and the navi had just turned off when I was trying to figure out where I needed to go.
Old 12-05-13, 03:14 PM
redcupr
Driver

I hear ya! The car is perfect in every other respect, they just need to figure this out.
Old 12-05-13, 03:41 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

I do admit i love everything about the car except the navi system. there are quite a few bugs they need to knock out. I don't mind the slowness of menu to menu (its not that bad), but there are some bugs that need to be fixed in the next FW release

- Random Tethering issues (iPod error / iPod authentication errors)
- After using Siri while tethered, still on call with your own phone (only way to disconnect is to dial another number)
- sometimes jumping back from tether to BT back to tether has volume issues (sometimes sounds fainter but volume is still @ same setting)
Old 12-05-13, 03:45 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alexlude
I do admit i love everything about the car except the navi system. there are quite a few bugs they need to knock out. I don't mind the slowness of menu to menu (its not that bad), but there are some bugs that need to be fixed in the next FW release

- Random Tethering issues (iPod error / iPod authentication errors)
- After using Siri while tethered, still on call with your own phone (only way to disconnect is to dial another number)
- sometimes jumping back from tether to BT back to tether has volume issues (sometimes sounds fainter but volume is still @ same setting)
+1

The tethering issue is very annoying when you're using Yelp via the Lexus Enform to map a selection. It'll map, and then freeze the system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved