IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 is 350 f sport edition negotiating price

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 08:11 AM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hopefully waiting a few months will be beneficial. It'll also give me more time to put down more money so no complaints... Im hoping to get the interior Rioja Red NuLuxe... That's what I fell in love with 😍
Old 09-16-13, 08:36 PM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought 4 Lexus from Longo in CA. The best time to buy is in August and November. That's when Lexus have their biggest sale. I normally go +$500 above Invoice price + tax and registration. With the IS being new it might be hard to negotiate if the car is in demand. Ask around and get a quote from several dealerships so you have an idea on price range. Walk in and tell them how you want and what you want. If they sense that you don't know anything about the car or price, they'll come after you. But when they see a savvy buyer, they will back off. Hope this help. Try truecarvalue.com.
Old 09-16-13, 09:11 PM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much! I'll check out the site.. It's hard coming in there as a female and to be taken seriously.. The sellers try to press the IS 250 because it seems more feminine or within my age group to drive..
Old 09-16-13, 09:21 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JulieKimD
Thank you very much! I'll check out the site.. It's hard coming in there as a female and to be taken seriously.. The sellers try to press the IS 250 because it seems more feminine or within my age group to drive..
Create an account with a male-ish name on gmail and negotiate online.
Old 09-16-13, 09:28 PM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dark9t316

Create an account with a male-ish name on gmail and negotiate online.
Ooh I haven't considered that.. I like being face to face with people but I will most def consider that. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-16-13, 09:54 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Ooh I haven't considered that.. I like being face to face with people but I will most def consider that. Thanks for the tip!
Good luck!
Old 09-16-13, 10:21 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

You will get your best prices if you go through the dealers Internet Sales Dept. You can get quotes for what you want from Edmunds.com or Truecar.com

After you submit what you are wanting, several dealers will respond via email. You can then get the dealers trying to give you a better deal. I usually take the three lowest prices and email the two higher ones what the lowest one quoted. They will come back with a lower price, then you can let the first lowest one know what the others did. Eventually you will get to the lowest possible price.

Do not talk about your trade (if you have one) during this process. You simply want to get the to the lowest cash price. If you have a trade, you will deal with that separately.

Then when you go to order to sign for your car, there is no stress of trying to get a good price, you will already have done that work from the comfort of your own home.
Old 09-17-13, 04:26 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are in the Houston area and you want to start online with Sterling McCall Lexus you may go through my sales guy Richard Joesph. He will work with you. Just be aware the first number or two back is the sales manager / finance person seeing what they can get from you (aka a high money factor / interest rate.) They are firm on the MSRP right now but they can move on the finance side of the house and what they throw into the deal.

In Nov/Dec Lexus has their Christmas sale and you might be able to get some money off MSRP by then.
Old 09-17-13, 07:39 AM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I am in the Houston area. I went to Sterling McCall Lexus in person, but again the IS 250 was pressed on me. I shall wait until Christmas time and hope that Santa blesses me with a lower car price haha so I should...
1) negotiate the MSRP price
Then...
2) trade in value?
I suppose after is the down payments, finance, monthly...
Once more, thank you guys for all the help! It is greatly appreciated
Old 09-17-13, 10:28 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Yeah, I am in the Houston area. I went to Sterling McCall Lexus in person, but again the IS 250 was pressed on me. I shall wait until Christmas time and hope that Santa blesses me with a lower car price haha so I should...
1) negotiate the MSRP price
Then...
2) trade in value?
I suppose after is the down payments, finance, monthly...
Once more, thank you guys for all the help! It is greatly appreciated
If you have a car you are trading take it to carmax and get an offer for your car so you have an idea of what the trade in value is. KBB.com will get you close.

Then when you go to the dealer negotiate the MSRP first don't say anything about a trade in. Get your best number you can get on the car and what they are going to throw in. 2 year service, tinted windows, etc.

After all that then you say you have a trade in let them make you an offer for the car. If it is way low you have the carmax offer you can get out and tell them to beat it or match it. Usually they just match it.

Give it a couple of months and go ask for Richard Joesph or do the online thing.
Old 09-17-13, 10:55 AM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is certainly possible to get lower than sticker prices right now. Sticker on mine was $48,673 and I got them down to $46,900.
Old 09-17-13, 11:00 AM
eyeball
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=JulieKimD;8144339]Yeah, I am in the Houston area. I went to Sterling McCall Lexus in person, but again the IS 250 was pressed on me. I shall wait until Christmas time and hope that Santa blesses me with a lower car price haha so I should...

Wow if you're willing to spend an extra $3000-$4000 to upgrade to an IS350 vice 250, I'm surprised they still pressured you into buying an IS250. That would be more $$$ for the dealership.
Old 09-17-13, 12:16 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

[QUOTE=eyeball;8144663]

Wow if you're willing to spend an extra $3000-$4000 to upgrade to an IS350 vice 250, I'm surprised they still pressured you into buying an IS250. That would be more $$$ for the dealership.
Dealers in her area are sold out of IS350's the only cars in the area are the IS250's. All the dealers are pushing the 250's.
Old 09-17-13, 12:19 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by carderoni
It is certainly possible to get lower than sticker prices right now. Sticker on mine was $48,673 and I got them down to $46,900.
Depends on the area. Houston area right now it's not happening on the Fsport. Two dealers let me walk out with no deals. Third dealer is throwing in extras but not coming off the sticker.
Old 09-17-13, 12:51 PM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Most def will make notes of this..
I feel much more comfortable with everything now and can't thank everyone enough for the input. Hopefully I can convince my mother to not kill me for getting this car.
Yeah again after telling the dealers I was interested in the IS 350 F Sport, they both wanted me to test drive the IS 250. Only one dealer let me really test drive the IS 350... and even then while we were waiting for the car to come back from another test drive, the dealer was anxious and asked if I wanted to drive the IS250. I politely told him no and just sat and waited. I took it as maybe they were looking out for me wanted to save me money.. But then again.. They're dealers HAHA there weren't many 2014 IS 350 on the lot at all.. So I'm taking it as they wanted to make a sale on vehicles they had.

Quick Reply: 2014 is 350 f sport edition negotiating price