IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Attention! questions for people with IS 350 F sport RWD

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 08:58 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Attention! questions for people with IS 350 F sport RWD

I've been looking over all the options for the new IS that i ordered but the Lexus site doesn't have the details to some questions i want answers to.
since my car build is so rare i would like to see if any of you who already have a car can help.

this is my exact build..

2014 IS350 F sport obsidian with Rojo interior and option package B (includes PCS and rear shade) i live in colorado so your build may vary, but with regards to the power tilt and telescopic steering wheel. i understand the IS does not have the seat memory. but does the steering wheel still move up and away when you exit the vehicle? and will it return to its last position like my 2013 GS 350 does?

also do the mirrors tilt down when the car is put into reverse?

i can pretty much tell the car does not have the smog sensor found on gen 2 IS please confirm

and what is the blank button at the top right of the HVAC control for? is that a future feature not found on any of the models?

lastly, can anyone tell me the gear ratios for the 8 speed verses the 6 speed AWD cars? i assume a 6 speed is the same transmission found in my GS 350 F sport. i notice at 70 mph the engine is running at 2k rpm. can anyone tell me if the IS has the same final gear ratio as the GS 6 speed counterpart?
and what is different in the 8 speed, doe it have a higher final gear? if you have a RWD what is the rpm's at 70 mph?
thanks!
Old 09-07-13, 09:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Yes steering wheel will move up and away when you turn off engine if you have VGRS option. It will return to last setting similar to memory seat.
Mirrors do not tilt down for F-Sport only non F-Sport with luxury do.
Not sure about your other questions.
Old 09-07-13, 10:16 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
Yes steering wheel will move up and away when you turn off engine if you have VGRS option. It will return to last setting similar to memory seat.
Mirrors do not tilt down for F-Sport only non F-Sport with luxury do.
Not sure about your other questions.
thanks, you know I've been researching online for the last hour since i first posted. i have been playing with different zip codes to build the IS to see what packages are offered.

in colorado there are only 2 packages, i got the highest one. it includes BSM, Mark Lev, pre collision radar cruise (PCS), rear shade, nav and all the other F sport standard issue options.

whats really interesting and very fortunate for me is that in many other states there can be as many as 6 F sport packages and NONE that i can find offer all of the features i have. most do not have the PCS, or lack the BSM usually if you get the PCS you always get the rear shade to go with it.

I've also seen several that do not include the power tilt and telescopic.

so my car will be VERY rare! mainly do to the fact that most of the states i checked are subject to snow and in those states i can get every option box checked available for the RWD F sport package. i am making an assumption as to why..

when you look at the AWD 350 F sport which is a higher base price you get even fewer options. it almost seems like Lexus is trying to prevent the MSRP from going over 50k. my MSRP is 49,172 i get the impression they take off certain options when you select AWD to keep the price below 50k.
its almost like they don't want it to get too close to a GS since they are so similar.

but you know what Lexus will be doing in subsequent models years, to promote more sales they are going to add more packages so that you can get more options for your build. when i sign papers i plan to lease, and i am going to see how short of a lease i can get so when the more feature rich packages come available i will be in a good position to trade up.
Old 09-09-13, 06:42 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

NOBODY here can tell me the RPM at 70 MPH???

there has to be someone with a RWD f sport to answer this question.
Old 09-09-13, 08:18 PM
kilowong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
I've been looking over all the options for the new IS that i ordered but the Lexus site doesn't have the details to some questions i want answers to.
since my car build is so rare i would like to see if any of you who already have a car can help.

this is my exact build..

2014 IS350 F sport obsidian with Rojo interior and option package B (includes PCS and rear shade) i live in colorado so your build may vary, but with regards to the power tilt and telescopic steering wheel. i understand the IS does not have the seat memory. but does the steering wheel still move up and away when you exit the vehicle? and will it return to its last position like my 2013 GS 350 does?

also do the mirrors tilt down when the car is put into reverse?

i can pretty much tell the car does not have the smog sensor found on gen 2 IS please confirm

and what is the blank button at the top right of the HVAC control for? is that a future feature not found on any of the models?

lastly, can anyone tell me the gear ratios for the 8 speed verses the 6 speed AWD cars? i assume a 6 speed is the same transmission found in my GS 350 F sport. i notice at 70 mph the engine is running at 2k rpm. can anyone tell me if the IS has the same final gear ratio as the GS 6 speed counterpart?
and what is different in the 8 speed, doe it have a higher final gear? if you have a RWD what is the rpm's at 70 mph?
thanks!
yes both mirrors tilt down when one of the L/R buttons are lid. if u dont want the tilt down, just dont select the L/R mirror button.
Old 09-09-13, 08:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kilowong
yes both mirrors tilt down when one of the L/R buttons are lid. if u dont want the tilt down, just dont select the L/R mirror button.
Incorrect F-Sport model does not in US spec cars.
Old 09-09-13, 08:41 PM
kilowong
Driver School Candidate

Incorrect F-Sport model does not in US spec cars.
sorry forgot to mention i am in hong kong.
Old 09-09-13, 08:44 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

how about the speedometer and tach? do any of you have the RWD 8 speed trans? if you have a 6 speed same question.
Old 09-09-13, 08:45 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kilowong
sorry forgot to mention i am in hong kong.
i wonder if seat memory could be added? it would make sence to wire all the cars with similar wire harnesses. i wonder if you could just plug in the seat memory switch plate?
Old 09-10-13, 07:02 AM
redcupr
Driver

how about the speedometer and tach? do any of you have the RWD 8 speed trans? if you have a 6 speed same question.
I have an AWD IS350, at 70 mph the engine is turning about 2300 rpm.
Old 09-10-13, 08:04 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

NOBODY here can tell me the RPM at 70 MPH???

there has to be someone with a RWD f sport to answer this question.
2000rpm for RWD at 70mph for Nomal mode. With S/S+ RPM increases to 2800. I haven't tried it with Eco mode but you can guess it will be lower than 2000.
Old 09-10-13, 08:56 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

2000rpm for RWD at 70mph for Nomal mode. With S/S+ RPM increases to 2800. I haven't tried it with Eco mode but you can guess it will be lower than 2000.
this is interesting and probably why the RWD gets better MPG than the AWD.

its interesting in sport+ mode the rpms increase? does it change to a lower gear?
Old 09-10-13, 08:58 AM
redcupr
Driver

this is interesting and probably why the RWD gets better MPG than the AWD.

its interesting in sport+ mode the rpms increase? does it change to a lower gear?
It must not go into top gear in the Sport modes, I'd try it in my car today at lunch but I was feeling generous this morning and left the car for my wife to sport around in.

I know in our V8 Touareg it will not go into 6th gear in Sport mode no matter how fast you go.
Old 09-10-13, 09:00 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Correct. In S/S+ mode RPM is higher because of lower gear. You can switch to M then shift up yourself.

Last edited by dojoman; 09-10-13 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-10-13, 12:49 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Correct. In S/S+ mode RPM is higher because of lower gear. You can switch to M then shift up yourself.
interesting, I have not noticed this in my 2013 GS F sport. it has the 6 speed trans. I assume it stays in 6th gear on the highway. I have not noticed it changing gears at all when driving and changing modes..
I do notice that it will hold gears much better though.