IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Navi Screen and Radio Turns Off/Resets While Driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 11:20 AM
Tiger54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a BT-phone connected?
It happened also by me 2-3 times. But there are really strange effects if you have a connected phone. My System sometimes freeze for some minutes and sometimes (every week) the display shows only a black screen until I press the home button. But some times, trying to connecting to the phone, it show me the message "phone not connected" in another Language. So there must be a bug!

No phone connected?
In the usermanual there is a warning: if the car is really cold, the system can freeze or be slow. Pressing the volume button for 5 seconds will restart your nav-system. Maybe this is the reason.
Old 06-10-16, 09:42 AM
Lee4MBenz
Driver School Candidate

We have a 2010 IS 250 (wife's), and a 2005 GX470 (daughter's). No problems with the IS. A month or so ago (April 2016) the GX navi screen started crashing/recycling/rebooting, every two- three minutes. Took it to local Lexus dealer who kept the car for three days without finding anything wrong, the rebooting didn't recur, and the dealer was unable to create a recurrence. The problem stopped. Then, last week, as my daughter was travelling back from a road trip, the problem started again and went on for 3 of the 4.5 hour trip. We took the car in again. This time to a smaller, but Lexus certified shop. They kept the car for 10 days without finding an issue. Now...some posters have mentioned a USB or iPod connection as being a possible cause. In my case, there is no AUX and no Bluetooth connection (except for telephony) and no USB connection. And the issue still presented. Has any solution been found?? Some posts are several years old now, so I thought maybe some outside solutions had been developed.
Old 06-11-16, 06:36 AM
ancpratt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys,

I received this email from Lexus late last night. You may have as well that explains what happened:

You may or may not have recently experienced difficulties related to the navigation display in your Lexus. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 Model Year Lexus vehicles.

In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit to restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system, audio and climate control features, and the hands-free mobile phone functions. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected Tuesday, June 7, at 11:00 pm PST.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system.

Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system. Until then, owners of affected vehicles should exercise additional caution when driving. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced.

If you have further questions, please visit our FAQ site at http://lexus.us/1Xb4cMz or contact our Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Lexus National Headquarters

I'll do a reset on mine today.

Last edited by ancpratt; 06-11-16 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-11-16, 04:02 PM
stevieb54
Driver School Candidate

I received the same e mail yesterday. Mine went blank on Weds, they told me it was the mothership issue and it should correct itself by Thursday. Guess what It didn't work. Took it in this morning to have the system reset by the dealer, they told the west coast was affected, and they had reset about 300+ vehicles in the last few days. Going to pick it up now, hope it's fixed. FWIW, I never had the flashing issue this thread referred to in the beginning, it just went out and the wife called to complain. Sucked not being able to listen to the Warriors whip pin the Cavs.