IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-13, 11:14 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ 24+ .. NICE!! 350 or 250? fsport? mostly on eco mode?
Old 10-14-13, 12:22 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlude
^^ 24+ .. NICE!! 350 or 250? fsport? mostly on eco mode?
350 fsport =)

on normal mode actually. i haven't used eco mode since the test drive to tell you the truth plus not sure if it would make a difference at high speeds...but im not too familiar with eco mode. in eighth gear most of the time though.
Old 10-14-13, 07:06 AM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r0shiro
Two things...you get two points for bumping this thread back to the first page! haha...

two, nice job! I'm glad the DIY can be a reference regardless of brand. Happy modding.
Haha. Thanks r0shiro! Installing the intake was a must-have mod. I'm glad this thread is back on the first page too! Great reference thread
Old 10-14-13, 03:23 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

I'm actually averaging 24+ on the highway...i couldn't reach 22 with the stock intake. i could be an isolated case.
I'm getting 24.3 MPG average with stock intakes now on normal mode, I have a 350 F Sport. Most of this is me driving on the freeway though.

I really want to do an intake mod though. Your DIY looks really helpful, but after the 4th image it seemed more daunting than I thought.
Old 10-14-13, 11:17 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bruteshot2
Haha. Thanks r0shiro! Installing the intake was a must-have mod. I'm glad this thread is back on the first page too! Great reference thread
welcome!!

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
I'm getting 24.3 MPG average with stock intakes now on normal mode, I have a 350 F Sport. Most of this is me driving on the freeway though.

I really want to do an intake mod though. Your DIY looks really helpful, but after the 4th image it seemed more daunting than I thought.
i hardly drive on the freeway anymore so i'm not the best reference.

and the install is one of the simplest installs you'll ever do. In a nut shell....take it apart and install the new one. It really is that simple. you won't break anything. i recently had to reinstall the stock one (story for another thread) and i did that in 20 mins. Then the other day i went back to the takeda..took 15 mins. haha. the trick was to leave the assembly in one piece and slide one in for the other...its seriously that easy...good luck.
Old 10-23-13, 07:46 PM
kilowong
Driver School Candidate

i have just installed takeda intake tonight on my 350f-sport. i was skeptical at first before installation coz i thot low end could be affected but i was wrong! surprisingly, i am happy to report that it does work and the improvement in terms of power started at around 2200rpm. the sound is just as good. the engine revs easier for sure with the intake, the stock air box was very restricted. the improvements are well worth the cost, highly recommended to anyone. the engine breaths much happier now.

thank so much for the diy!
Old 10-25-13, 09:34 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kilowong
i have just installed takeda intake tonight on my 350f-sport. i was skeptical at first before installation coz i thot low end could be affected but i was wrong! surprisingly, i am happy to report that it does work and the improvement in terms of power started at around 2200rpm. the sound is just as good. the engine revs easier for sure with the intake, the stock air box was very restricted. the improvements are well worth the cost, highly recommended to anyone. the engine breaths much happier now.

thank so much for the diy!
agreed...and you are welcome!
Old 01-07-14, 03:21 AM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice diy.....but one way to tell if the intake actually makes power is to do a before and after dyno. Most of the comments of "it feels quicker" is psychological from the additional sound it makes.

also, the intake looks relatively easy to make....just need to source the correct MAF flange. Does it look like this?

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...spe-8705_w.jpg

Last edited by Celsius; 01-07-14 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-12-14, 11:50 AM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Default Just installed the Takeda to my 250

I followed your instructions and did it within 20min! Thanks man! Loving the sound and looks great!
Attached Thumbnails DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-securedownload.jpg  
Old 01-12-14, 10:39 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Just placed my order. Autoanything offers 20% off now!!!
Old 01-14-14, 10:31 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sunnyx213
I followed your instructions and did it within 20min! Thanks man! Loving the sound and looks great!
nice!! thats all it takes! =)
Old 01-15-14, 09:35 PM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Default Foul Smell

nice!! thats all it takes! =)
Hey r0shiro. I noticed that it has a foul smell. Smells like rotten eggs... is that normal? It's only when i floor it on the freeway and I smell it when my windows are open. Luckily, it doesn't come through the vents. I'm sure it's coming from me because when I gassed it inside my garage. I can smell it.
Old 05-09-14, 07:30 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey r0shiro. I noticed that it has a foul smell. Smells like rotten eggs... is that normal? It's only when i floor it on the freeway and I smell it when my windows are open. Luckily, it doesn't come through the vents. I'm sure it's coming from me because when I gassed it inside my garage. I can smell it.
Is this true??
Old 05-23-14, 01:46 PM
PAULCHICLE
Driver School Candidate

i have had this issue before (not with my 3IS) and it was because of the battery issue.
Old 05-23-14, 02:41 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can someone put video up for 2014 IS350 with Greddy Air Intake?

Quick Reply: DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS