IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

The Usefulness of F-Sport's Dashboard Menu?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 10:49 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Usefulness of F-Sport's Dashboard Menu?

I've had my car for about a week. The LFA-inspired gauge looks cool, but I don't find the dashboard menu any useful. Is it just me or perhaps I haven't fully explored it? For example, I have a number of folders on a dvd disc that's full of music, and I couldn't even change folder through the dashboard menu; instead, I had to change it through the navigation screen. (And the entire on-screen system is painfully slow)
Old 08-13-13, 11:41 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't answer your question, but was wondering how you like the Black/Red combo in your 3IS - it's my first choice at the moment and I wonder how you feel now that you've lived with it for awhile?
Old 08-13-13, 12:21 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

You cannot change folder using the F-sport guage. You can change source and ch stations.
Old 08-13-13, 12:58 PM
enoren
Pole Position

I can't say I find the dashboard menu particularly useful, but it's one more place to show information that's relevant. Here's my setup:
  • Main Screen: Split between navigation and audio
  • Information Menu, Centered: Range (miles left in the gas tank)
  • Information Menu, Right: Rotate between gear and tire pressure

I like the graphics that represent the gear changes, so that stays up the most, but I'll check my tire pressure periodically. I can see how many miles I have left in the tank when I first turn the car on.
Old 08-13-13, 01:37 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The main thing about the gauge -- it started as far as I know in the 70's with Alpha -- the idea is that truly spirited drivers could care less about MPH and would only care about RPM. So they put the tach right front to the driver and the speedometer to the right out of site. The LFA gauge accomplishes keeping the tach right in front along with MPH too -- along with info of secondary usefulness. Major changes are done through the nav.
Old 08-13-13, 03:50 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtang1
Can't answer your question, but was wondering how you like the Black/Red combo in your 3IS - it's my first choice at the moment and I wonder how you feel now that you've lived with it for awhile?
I also have the black/red combo and I love it. Have had it since June 29th and I live it more and more everyday. It's gorgeous, and sexy, and sleek!!

Love it!!
Old 08-13-13, 05:37 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtang1

The Obsidian (ext.)/ Rioja Red (int.)combo is pretty nice actually. Looking from outside, Obsidian with F-Sport (and tinting) makes the car look mature, mean, and aggressive. Since part of the interior is also black, it makes the red a little darker like burgundy, imo. When you open the door, from color perspective, the overall cabin looks elegant rather than feminine, like a subtle expression of a young heart with a mature outer physical appearance. lollll

Last edited by doctorttt; 08-13-13 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-15-13, 05:02 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Originally Posted by doctorttt
The Obsidian (ext.)/ Rioja Red (int.)combo is pretty nice actually. Looking from outside, Obsidian with F-Sport (and tinting) makes the car look mature, mean, and aggressive. Since part of the interior is also black, it makes the red a little darker like burgundy, imo. When you open the door, from color perspective, the overall cabin looks elegant rather than feminine, like a subtle expression of a young heart with a mature outer physical appearance. lollll
Sounds like it is still first on my list - thanks !