IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

My Is 350 F-Sport (First One Sold In Colorado)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-13, 05:56 PM
bigtang1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice indeed - I thought black was going to be my color but that color is very nice.
Old 08-18-13, 12:34 AM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weazel8
That might be the best shot of the IS350 F-Sport I've ever seen.
Old 08-18-13, 11:00 AM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SimTide985
That might be the best shot of the IS350 F-Sport I've ever seen.
Yeah, to be quite honest I wasn't impressed at all with how it looked based on the pics here in the forum. But when I saw it in person, it was awesome

I guess it's not that photogenic, but it really does look good in the flesh.
Old 09-08-13, 08:05 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i think i may be the first in colorado to get a RWD F sport but mine will be black with the rioja interior.
also mine will have the radar cruise and BSM. i am getting the fully loaded model.
Old 09-08-13, 08:13 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
i think i may be the first in colorado to get a RWD F sport but mine will be black with the rioja interior.
also mine will have the radar cruise and BSM. i am getting the fully loaded model.
I'm also debating RWD or AWD mainly since Lexus seemed to put more emphasis on it by giving it a new 8 speed and variable steering. Why didn't Lexus put 8 speed on AWD!?

Are you planning to drive your IS on Colorado snow? Are you worried about winter driving with RWD at all?
Old 09-08-13, 08:23 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I'm also debating RWD or AWD mainly since Lexus seemed to put more emphasis on it by giving it a new 8 speed and variable steering. Why didn't Lexus put 8 speed on AWD!?

Are you planning to drive your IS on Colorado snow? Are you worried about winter driving with RWD at all?
no because this lexus replaces a 2012 corvette Z06 that i just sold. i don't drive in the snow! i just bought my wife a 2013 GS 350 AWD and my other vehicle is a 2009 toyota Tacoma TRD off road 4X4 with a super charger.

the IS will be my new fun car, not as fun as the vette but for my 3 mile commute a lot more practical and with a considerably lower payment.

and to your first question, i think lexus does a lot of strange things, why they don't just offer a lits of packages all over the US ill never understand.

when i bought my vette i just checked off the options list and it came down the assembly line exactly how i ordered it.
makes no difference where you live ect..

this is the car i just replaced

Old 09-08-13, 08:35 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
no because this lexus replaces a 2012 corvette Z06 that i just sold. i don't drive in the snow! i just bought my wife a 2013 GS 350 AWD and my other vehicle is a 2009 toyota Tacoma TRD off road 4X4 with a super charger.

the IS will be my new fun car, not as fun as the vette but for my 3 mile commute a lot more practical and with a considerably lower payment.

and to your first question, i think lexus does a lot of strange things, why they don't just offer a lits of packages all over the US ill never understand.

when i bought my vette i just checked off the options list and it came down the assembly line exactly how i ordered it.
makes no difference where you live ect..

this is the car i just replaced

Your Corvette looks very nice. I thought about getting the new Stingray but it's not practical where I live. But if I was living some where there is no snow that would be my first choice! It's amazing what they did with the new Corvette!
Old 09-08-13, 08:47 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Your Corvette looks very nice. I thought about getting the new Stingray but it's not practical where I live. But if I was living some where there is no snow that would be my first choice! It's amazing what they did with the new Corvette!
i may get the stingray when my lease is up with the IS or if the IS-F gets released i may consider that.
for now, its hard to let the vette go. had a lot of fun in that car! but until youve had one you may not understand this but...
i have gotten really sick and tired of people taking pictures of it while driving down the road with their cell phones. i get tired of everyone complimenting me about how sick it looks. honestly i cannt leave it parked anywhere without worrying about it getting keyed, i have to plan ahead my route that there are no steep driveways to enter.
and a 3 mile commute at 35 mph the whole way seems a waste, even more of a waste to leave a 90,000 car in the garage!
it's also not the most comfy car to drive. the road noise is so loud on the highway you can't hardly have a cell phone conversation.
i knew these things when i bought it, i had a 2008 before this one and prior to that a 2007 Lexus IS 350 RWD. so now ive had my fun, been pulled over enough times to realize its time to move into something new and exciting but not attracting as much attention as i was getting before.

i know a lot of younger guys here need to lower their cars and put rims on them, rice them out to get the attention, attention i would rather not have.
i just want simple, easy to get in and out of, easy to drive, sporty when i want to get on the pedal, and QUIET! great stereo and lot's of gadgets to keep me company.

some day i may go back to the corvette, ill get a stingray if i can get a good deal on a used one. ive sold 2 now and been on the recipient side of trying to sell a car that so many cant afford. i want to be the one talking the original owner into pulling his pants down to his ankles while i take advantage and low ball someone else for a change!

fortunately i think i got a good price for my car and i bought it cheap enough (15,000 off sticker) that i didn't take too bad of a hit when i sold it with 17k miles.

IMO the corvette is nice. but not 90K nice not even 60K nice. the new stingray i would pay 60k for but not much more than that.