IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any other owners of the 2014 IS? Or am I a rare breed currently?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-13, 09:01 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Ride is rough? Do you have the F-Sport and if so, any difference between Normal or in Sport+? What car did you have prior?
New York City/Manhattan is full of potholes and rough roads. No matter how you avoid them, they are almost unavoidable.

So ride is generally quite rough there.
Old 07-04-13, 09:03 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will say this, my biggest concern buying this car without even driving it and living in Downtown Chicago, the streets are horrible and full of potholes. Ride quality is important to me and let me tell you this car rides 100% better than my 2008 350 hands down. I was so impressed by how it handles rough roads and even a pot hole I already hit. It's amazing how quickly I can tell when I forget I'm in Sport plus or even sport mode because the feel of the bumps is very noticeable compared to normal.

Anyone that is worried about any sort of ride quality and handling should not even think twice. This car does it all I swear. The more I drive it the more I love it and the more I really feel like its a completely different animal than the last generation. I'm sitting on my computer now and I'm trying to think of any reason to go drive somewhere just to enjoy driving it.
Old 07-05-13, 06:18 PM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought mine on Thursday. White 350 F-Sport
Old 07-05-13, 06:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Alant514
I just bought mine on Thursday. White 350 F-Sport
Don't forget, mandatory pics of in and out please when you get a chance. We never tire seeing this car.
Old 07-05-13, 11:08 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's mine with the tinted windows
Attached Thumbnails Any other owners of the 2014 IS?  Or am I a rare breed currently?-image.jpg  

Last edited by dstopsie; 07-06-13 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 11:10 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here's another pic with tinted windows just done today. I'll take better pictures tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Any other owners of the 2014 IS?  Or am I a rare breed currently?-image.jpg  

Last edited by dstopsie; 07-06-13 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-06-13, 04:30 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Here's another pic with tinted windows just done today. I'll take better pictures tomorrow
The pics are good, just small but you can still tell how awesome it looks. What a BEAST! Looking forward to bigger pics!
Old 07-06-13, 05:25 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

The pics are good, just small but you can still tell how awesome it looks. What a BEAST! Looking forward to bigger pics!
Hi i deleted the other ones and uploaded larger images sorry about the tiny pics

This pic is after I waxed it
Old 07-06-13, 05:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

dstopsie, AWESOME BEAST! Love it. Can't wait for mine. Any other pics are welcome of course!
Old 07-06-13, 06:17 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

dstopsie, AWESOME BEAST! Love it. Can't wait for mine. Any other pics are welcome of course!
Thank you so much!!!! You are just going to love it the color combination is even more gorgeous in person I love it it is by far my favorite combination on the new Lexus IS. Please please post pictures of yours when you get it when is yours coming??? Even though black is hard to maintain you will not be sorry with this color combination. It's just gorgeous and sporty at the same time!!!! And it definitely is a beast!!!
Old 07-06-13, 06:44 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Thank you so much!!!! You are just going to love it the color combination is even more gorgeous in person I love it it is by far my favorite combination on the new Lexus IS. Please please post pictures of yours when you get it when is yours coming??? Even though black is hard to maintain you will not be sorry with this color combination. It's just gorgeous and sporty at the same time!!!! And it definitely is a beast!!!
I notice you live in LA. I work in Santa Monica. I have seen 2 IS on my way to work, most likely it's yours haha. Congrats.
Old 07-06-13, 08:11 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by doublehh03
I notice you live in LA. I work in Santa Monica. I have seen 2 IS on my way to work, most likely it's yours haha. Congrats.
Ha. That's funny. Could be! I bought it at Lexus Santa Monica. Did you see a black IS 250 Fsport with red interior?? If you did that could've been mine especially if the dealer paper plates on the back of the car say Lexus of Santa Monica. I have no front plate or bracket on front of the car cuz it ruins the entire look of the front grill.

I live in the San Fernando Valley And I work in downtown LA. And I was in Santa Monica a few times this week at the dealer just to return my other key to my old car and at the new balance store, And I was at the Century City Mall. Well now that you've seen my baby with the tinted windows if you see that car you will know its mine. I have no front plate just a back plate

If you see it please let me know how it looks rolling on by!!!

Last edited by dstopsie; 07-06-13 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-06-13, 09:34 AM
hazeion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is mine.. Plain Jane right now. But tint coming soon. I REALLY like those fsport rims though!
Old 07-06-13, 09:52 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hazeion

Here is mine.. Plain Jane right now. But tint coming soon. I REALLY like those fsport rims though!
Congrats. It's beautiful!!!!
Old 07-06-13, 11:39 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

hazeion, congrats. I had to save and flip your image. Lexus did a nice job stylistically with even the base 17" wheels. Nicer than the 2IS IMO.

It's the 250? What feedback do you have so far. Ride, handling, quietness...

Quick Reply: Any other owners of the 2014 IS? Or am I a rare breed currently?