IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-13, 08:07 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG this thread is honestly making me drooool love seeng all these 3IS's ....... I can see myself looking into this thread often until I get my very own 3IS to stare at in my garage

Soon I hope ??
The following users liked this post:
skyblueis (05-30-20)
Old 07-06-13, 08:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
OMG this thread is honestly making me drooool love seeng all these 3IS's ....... I can see myself looking into this thread often until I get my very own 3IS to stare at in my garage

Soon I hope ??
I know the feeling. I placed my order already and have to wait about 9 weeks still. Seeing your other posts, are your torn between silver/red and white/red still? Or is black (Obsidian) in the mix?
Old 07-06-13, 08:39 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I know the feeling. I placed my order already and have to wait about 9 weeks still. Seeing your other posts, are your torn between silver/red and white/red still? Or is black (Obsidian) in the mix?
Haaaaa I'm actually even more torn now than before I registered here on clublexus I thought it was certainly Silver or White but now ummmm Black is certainly in the running as well ?!?!

I know I probably won't be able to make a decision until I finally visit the dealership and see all 3 colors in RL
Old 07-06-13, 09:07 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Welcome to the family!! Did you get the 250 or the 350??? How do u like the cane??
Thanks its a 350 red interior NAVI/ML and that cane is priceless!!

Nice to see you converted over and another plus is top reliability!
yeah i know right? i had to change out a water pump for my E92 which coast me almost 2k.
Old 07-06-13, 09:27 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres mine. Picked it up yesterday. This one feels way more masculine than the 2013 I had.

Name:  null_zps9c5cc032.jpg
Views: 22902
Size:  89.5 KB
Name:  null_zps0e85dc3c.jpg
Views: 22799
Size:  103.4 KB
Old 07-06-13, 09:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by John510
Heres mine. Picked it up yesterday. This one feels way more masculine than the 2013 I had.

Sweeeet! Despite having a favorite color (Obsidian), no matter what color is posted on this forum, the car just looks amazing. If I didn't already own a Nebula Gray RX F-Sport, it would have been a toss-up between the Nebula/Red and Obsidian/Red for my IS...

Any head turning yet?

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-06-13 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-06-13, 09:39 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No head turning yet but Ive only taken it to work and back so far since I just got it yesterday.
Old 07-06-13, 10:25 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

Originally Posted by John510
No head turning yet but Ive only taken it to work and back so far since I just got it yesterday.
i've gotten plenty of head turns at least here in SOCAL lol
Old 07-06-13, 10:38 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

I took delivery of mine on July 4th. I literally haven't had time to drive the car too much but so far I love this car.

Picking it up
Name:  null_zps3a4b366d.jpg
Views: 22853
Size:  131.9 KB

Name:  null_zpsdbe8d146.jpg
Views: 23275
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  null_zps9b8939ce.jpg
Views: 22781
Size:  77.8 KB

Home for the first time .
Name:  null_zpsbea2d5b7.jpg
Views: 23052
Size:  184.0 KB

Last edited by 07awdis250; 07-09-13 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-07-13, 04:51 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

@07awdis250

Congrats on your new IS. Looks great!

When you get a chance, please post your feedback on how it compares to your previous IS. Several of of us here like myself have had a 2IS and bought the 3IS totally on faith so any real-world impressions (whether good or bad) are very welcome!
Old 07-07-13, 05:10 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well since I post a lot of pictures of my car I thought it was about time I posted driving review of my new car.

I had the 2012 IS 250 F sport. And I recently got the 2014 fsport. I'm in a good position to compare the drives of each car.

I do feel like the engine in the newest model for some reason has more pep. And definitely seems like when I put my foot on the gas the car takes off faster than my previous model ever did. The drive in d mode feels smoother. The car does feel a bit heavier. Sport mode is a lot of fun. But when I really want to reduce engine speed I go into Manual3 because I drive a lot of the canyons here in Los Angeles. I'm still trying to get used to the various navigation tools and things like that. Including getting used to where the clock is. This new generation of IS compared to the previous generation is like driving feel a different driving. Previous generation always felt a little bumpier and rough. In drive mode this car definitely feels smoother more like it's gliding which I didn't expect in the fsport. My car came equipped with the blind spot monitor and the cross traffic alert. I think it should be mandatory that every car come equipped with those features. They are quite nice and they definitely help with you being able to change lanes safely and back up safely. The only thing that bothers me come in the front is the placement of the cupholders and I cannot understand why they're set a little further back for the driver to reach. Yesterday I drove two friends and they did comment that both the front seat one and backseat had much more leg room then the prior model backseat amd the new car was much more comfortable.

Well those are my impressions for now..
Old 07-07-13, 05:21 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Well since I post a lot of pictures of my car I thought it was about time I posted driving review of my new car.

I had the 2012 IS 250 F sport. And I recently got the 2014 fsport. I'm in a good position to compare the drives of each car.

I do feel like the engine in the newest model for some reason has more pep. And definitely seems like when I put my foot on the gas the car takes off faster than my previous model ever did. The drive in d mode feels smoother. The car does feel a bit heavier. Sport mode is a lot of fun. But when I really want to reduce engine speed I go into Manual3 because I drive a lot of the canyons here in Los Angeles. I'm still trying to get used to the various navigation tools and things like that. Including getting used to where the clock is. This new generation of IS compared to the previous generation is like driving feel a different driving. Previous generation always felt a little bumpier and rough. In drive mode this car definitely feels smoother more like it's gliding which I didn't expect in the fsport. My car came equipped with the blind spot monitor and the cross traffic alert. I think it should be mandatory that every car come equipped with those features. They are quite nice and they definitely help with you being able to change lanes safely and back up safely. The only thing that bothers me come in the front is the placement of the cupholders and I cannot understand why they're set a little further back for the driver to reach. Yesterday I drove two friends and they did comment that both the front seat one and backseat had much more leg room then the prior model backseat amd the new car was much more comfortable.

Well those are my impressions for now..
Thanks for the review and impressions especially in comparison to the 2IS - much appreciated. I especially appreciate the first good feedback to my knowledge on your improved experience with the transmission and acceleration. This seems to be attributable to the enhancements with the 6-speed transmission for the 3IS: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...owertrain.html
Old 07-07-13, 05:24 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Thanks for the review and impressions especially in comparison to the 2IS - much appreciated. I especially appreciate the first good feedback to my knowledge on your improved experience with the transmission and acceleration. This seems to be attributable to the enhancements with the 6-speed transmission for the 3IS: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...owertrain.html
You're welcome. I definitely did feel a difference in the transmission coming from one model to the next and I felt it right away on my test drive. And I definitely put the pedal to the metal when I'm driving to work on the freeway and zipping through the canyons here in Los Angeles. In fact sometimes I feel like the car is going faster than I actually want it to go until I get used to the different driving style of it.

One other observation when I open up the hood and raise it you can definitely tell the it is longer than previous generation that I had because it's kind of hard for me to reach up and pull the hood back down. I'm only 5' 3" but I never had an issue before with reaching up and pulling the hood closed but this car I do have to reach up on my tippy toes. And I do open up the hood and clean under it after I washed it

Last edited by dstopsie; 07-07-13 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-07-13, 05:31 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

You're welcome. I definitely did feel a difference in the transmission coming from one model to the next and I felt it right away on my test drive. And I definitely put the pedal to the metal when I'm driving to work on the freeway and zipping through the canyons here in Los Angeles. In fact sometimes I feel like the car is going faster than I actually want it to go until I get used to the different driving style of it.

One other observation when I open up the hood and raise it the good you can definitely tell the it is longer than previous generation that I had because it's kind of hard for me to reach up and pull the hood back down. I'm only 5' 3" but I never had an issue before with reaching up and pulling the hood closed but this car I do have to reach up on my tippy toes. And I do open up the hood and clean under it after I washed it
haha, never thought about the hood height for feedback!

What about NVH? Which tires do you have?
Old 07-07-13, 05:40 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

haha, never thought about the hood height for feedback!

What about NVH? Which tires do you have?
I'm sorry I don't know what NVH is??

It came with the Bridgestone Turanza's. I have had those on my other IS's. I can't remember if my last car had the Turenza's or had the Potenza's. These tires are filled with nitrogen which I've never had before

Quick Reply: Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!