IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-13, 11:42 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by titoman110
Gave my "Snow Bunny a bath today.... I love riding her around the streets of LA...She's one of a kind.
Great looking ride titoman I have yet to see the 2014 F Sport here in the NY/NJ area though I did see a Red / Black at the dealer yesterday !!! They had 2 people on the " wait list " for a White F Sport !!

I remember lurking clublexus earlier this year when everyone haaaaated the White IS ( F Sport or not ) and right now it looks to be the most popular color
Old 07-14-13, 11:54 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
Great looking ride titoman I have yet to see the 2014 F Sport here in the NY/NJ area though I did see a Red / Black at the dealer yesterday !!! They had 2 people on the " wait list " for a White F Sport !!

I remember lurking clublexus earlier this year when everyone haaaaated the White IS ( F Sport or not ) and right now it looks to be the most popular color
Hi

We're you able to get ur car yesterday???
Old 07-14-13, 11:56 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Hi

We're you able to get ur car yesterday???
Hey !! No it didnt work out with the numbers that we were discussing especially my trade in UGH all the F Sports also were fully loaded and I was looking for a non Nav ................ I'll be waiting for awhile for now to see when and if the numbers are better for me.

I'll probably drop by sometime late this year to see what they can offer for me !?!?
Old 07-14-13, 12:15 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Angry Panda...

1) tint 20% all around
2) LED bulbs all around...no more orange bulbs!!
3) Wrapped roof and antenna - Gloss black vinyl...
4) removed all protective film (five in total) including the rear Lexus Applique.

my first pics on any forum...i hope i did this right...
Attached Thumbnails Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-rear-tint-and-roof.jpg   Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-front-tint-and-roof.jpg  
Old 07-14-13, 01:44 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-img_0369-2-.jpg

Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-img_0370.jpg

Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-img_0371.jpg

Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-img_0374.jpg
Old 07-14-13, 06:20 PM
titoman110
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Ultra White looks really sharp with the tints. I especially like the rear 3/4 view.

I noticed you have the "Lexus" emblem on the bottom left corner. Did you add that?
The emblem came with my Lexus. It's part of the Lexus Elite Club here in Glendale. It's a free program with a little perks here and there.
Old 07-14-13, 06:25 PM
Paul@howeyindustries.com
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pga
Picked up my new IS on Saturday, one of the first ones in the Vancouver area. It's Atomic Silver with a red interior and it's a beautiful car, in my opinion. It also handles and performs exceptionally well. I'm very pleased.

The only downside so far, if it really is one, is the complexity of the various systems/settings. There's almost too many options and too much information available. I suspect it's a question of becoming more familiar with the vehicle, and probably not having a need for more than a small fraction of what's possible. We'll see.

Attachment 289835
this Atomic Silver looks GREAT. I need to see one of these in person. Congrats
Old 07-14-13, 07:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice shots. The Rioja Red interior works really well with the Nebula Gray, especially when the lighting is not direct like in your shots.
Old 07-14-13, 08:12 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks corradoMR2. As you can see the only mod I've done so far is to remove all dealership advertising.

They got my money -- I refuse to be a free rolling billboard for them.

That picture captures the red as it really is.
Old 07-14-13, 08:24 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Thanks corradoMR2. As you can see the only mod I've done so far is to remove all dealership advertising.

They got my money -- I refuse to be a free rolling billboard for them.

That picture captures the red as it really is.
Careful with removing the back dealer plate. Got pulled over by the cops once for not having it on. They told me its required of all new cars. Got off with a warning.
Old 07-14-13, 08:25 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Old 07-14-13, 08:59 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Careful with removing the back dealer plate. Got pulled over by the cops once for not having it on. They told me its required of all new cars. Got off with a warning.
Really? I didn't know. I'll have to plead ignorance, make my case and beg for any mercy he/she can muster.
Old 07-14-13, 09:20 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default there is no such ticket...

Originally Posted by Glashub
Really? I didn't know. I'll have to plead ignorance, make my case and beg for any mercy he/she can muster.
California Vehicle Code 4456, relevant section is as follows:
c) A vehicle displaying a copy of the report of sale may be operated without license plates or registration card until either of the following, whichever occurs first:
(1) The license plates and registration card are received by the purchaser.
(2) A six-month period, commencing with the date of sale of the vehicle, has expired

Maybe the CHANCE of getting pulled over is greater when you don't advertise that its a new vehicle (so many cars are sold everyday) but it is not illegal to not display a plate if its new. There is no fix it ticket for "your not displaying that its new". But the cop needs to give you a reason for pulling you over so there you go. you do need the copy of the sale on the front windshield though...hope this helps...
Old 07-14-13, 10:01 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by thejaperu
California Vehicle Code 4456, relevant section is as follows:
c) A vehicle displaying a copy of the report of sale may be operated without license plates or registration card until either of the following, whichever occurs first:
(1) The license plates and registration card are received by the purchaser.
(2) A six-month period, commencing with the date of sale of the vehicle, has expired

Maybe the CHANCE of getting pulled over is greater when you don't advertise that its a new vehicle (so many cars are sold everyday) but it is not illegal to not display a plate if its new. There is no fix it ticket for "your not displaying that its new". But the cop needs to give you a reason for pulling you over so there you go. you do need the copy of the sale on the front windshield though...hope this helps...
Thank you.
Old 07-14-13, 10:02 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman

Beautiful pics. The white looks great .

Quick Reply: Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!