IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New IS350 F Sport White/Red

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-13, 09:33 PM
Stillhart
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Well, unfortunately you're limited to the model you want, but that makes it more exclusive and distinctive.

Ultra White (non-metallic) only on F-Sport
Starfire Pearl (metallic) only on "regular" IS
Hmm, if the white on the F-sport isn't actually the white I love, I may have to consider some other colors. The blue, though flashy and asking for a ticket, is really REALLY nice...

EDIT - NM, can't get the F-sport in blue. White, silver, grey, black. Leaning back towards white again! lol

Last edited by Stillhart; 07-06-13 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-06-13, 09:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillhart
Hmm, if the white on the F-sport isn't actually the white I love, I may have to consider some other colors. The blue, though flashy and asking for a ticket, is really REALLY nice...
Unfortunately the Ultrasonic Blue - aka "USB" is F-Sport only color, is available in Canada in N. America, but not in the US (at least not yet - rumors have it, it may be available at a later time - see "July 19th...." thread ).

Deep Sea Blue Metallic (darker "midnight" metallic blue) is only available on the "regular" IS.

Hopefully these limitations in color do not put too big of a dent in your interest towards the IS.

Good luck!
Old 07-06-13, 09:47 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Well, unfortunately you're limited to the model you want, but that makes it more exclusive and distinctive.

Ultra White (non-metallic) only on F-Sport
Starfire Pearl (metallic) only on "regular" IS
I was in the dealer yesterday and the Fsport white was metallic if I remember correctly. I may be wrong as I did look at quite a few cars.
Old 07-07-13, 05:20 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
I was in the dealer yesterday and the Fsport white was metallic if I remember correctly. I may be wrong as I did look at quite a few cars.

The F sport only comes in the ultra white. I just came from a 2012 fsport StarFire pearl and there definitely is a difference in the color of the white between them. When I got my car the dealer put my car next to an ultra White Fsport and my car had a more yellower tint to it than the ultra white did. Then I had the dealer pull around the black fsport and my decision was made very quickly to go with the black instead of the white.

The white on the new IS fsport model is a very bright white compared to StarFire pearl and you can definitely see the difference between the two shades of white. Since my prior 2012 fsport model was the StarFire pearl I decided to go in the opposite direction and go with the black
Old 07-07-13, 08:12 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
Originally Posted by dstopsie
The F sport only comes in the ultra white. I just came from a 2012 fsport StarFire pearl and there definitely is a difference in the color of the white between them. When I got my car the dealer put my car next to an ultra White Fsport and my car had a more yellower tint to it than the ultra white did. Then I had the dealer pull around the black fsport and my decision was made very quickly to go with the black instead of the white.

The white on the new IS fsport model is a very bright white compared to StarFire pearl and you can definitely see the difference between the two shades of white. Since my prior 2012 fsport model was the StarFire pearl I decided to go in the opposite direction and go with the black

See this thread to clearly see the difference in the two shades of white.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...white-red.html