IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 07-28-14, 12:02 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m98custom
Don't sweat it
Exactly! You have a beautiful car who needs all the extra bells and whistles.
Old 07-30-14, 12:01 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Just drove home with a 2014 white/black f sport with ML navi, BSM, illuminated door sill, and preferred package for just under $42000.

I love this car, the seating position feels just like a race car. Haven't had the chance to floor yet but i can definitely feel the responsiveness.
Old 07-30-14, 02:37 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Just drove home with a 2014 white/black f sport with ML navi, BSM, illuminated door sill, and preferred package for just under $42000.

I love this car, the seating position feels just like a race car. Haven't had the chance to floor yet but i can definitely feel the responsiveness.
You guys in cali get such amazing deals
Old 07-30-14, 04:58 AM
prashanth9
Driver School Candidate

Is it IS 250 or IS 350
Old 07-30-14, 05:18 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

he said its MSRP $48k, has to be a 350. Cali gets ridiculous deals. I got my loaded 350 for about 45ish
Old 07-30-14, 09:23 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Great deal - congrats!

What dealer?

Enjoy the new ride!

Bill G
Old 07-30-14, 09:27 AM
laozi12
Driver School Candidate

I posted here earlier about a deal, but, I'm ready to buy this week, I'm looking at a 2014 is250 w/ F-sport package and nav. MSRP is around 45,000. So, what price should I be looking at? In Ohio if that matters.
Old 07-30-14, 09:17 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Originally Posted by prashanth9
Is it IS 250 or IS 350
Its is350 with 8 miles on it.

The lowest other dealer would go was around $43,000. but I got lucky with this one.
Old 07-30-14, 09:19 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Great deal - congrats!

What dealer?

Enjoy the new ride!

Bill G
Let me ask the sale person and see if the deal still stands for other is350's with same options.
Old 07-31-14, 08:56 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Let me ask the sale person and see if the deal still stands for other is350's with same options.
I'm not really concerned with that - I would just like to know what dealer you got the car from - this is my 4th Lexus - I understand I'll need to do my own negotiating. I'm also in SoCal so where you got the car from might be a possibility for me.

Thanks
Old 07-31-14, 10:01 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not really concerned with that - I would just like to know what dealer you got the car from - this is my 4th Lexus - I understand I'll need to do my own negotiating. I'm also in SoCal so where you got the car from might be a possibility for me.

Thanks
I went on a venture. SD to Oxnard to Riverside. All Lexus dealers in that perimeter. I think about 20 dealers in total? I remember just trying to find all the dealers in a 150 mile radius in SoCal. Took me a weekend to get a deal.
Old 07-31-14, 01:00 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drbazing
I went on a venture. SD to Oxnard to Riverside. All Lexus dealers in that perimeter. I think about 20 dealers in total? I remember just trying to find all the dealers in a 150 mile radius in SoCal. Took me a weekend to get a deal.
I've learned that it's a much less painful process to do the negotiating with the Internet Sales Managers via email and in the final stages, via phone conversations. Doing this identifies the dealers who are most willing to be aggressive on pricing and eliminates the ones who like to play games. Our last 8-10 vehicles have been leased/purchased this way and it's worked out pretty well. We don't get into that visit a bunch of dealers stuff anymore. Let your keyboard do the work for you.

Discussion forums like this are another great tool to help get a good feel for what the market is like on a particular vehicle in a particular location.

It's kind of comical to me that a poster is willing to come on a forum to tout his/her great deal but reluctant to identify where they got the deal - kind of a head scratcher.

Bill G
Old 07-31-14, 01:07 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've learned that it's a much less painful process to do the negotiating with the Internet Sales Managers via email and in the final stages, via phone conversations. Doing this identifies the dealers who are most willing to be aggressive on pricing and eliminates the ones who like to play games. Our last 8-10 vehicles have been leased/purchased this way and it's worked out pretty well. We don't get into that visit a bunch of dealers stuff anymore. Let your keyboard do the work for you.

Discussion forums like this are another great tool to help get a good feel for what the market is like on a particular vehicle in a particular location.

It's kind of comical to me that a poster is willing to come on a forum to tout his/her great deal but reluctant to identify where they got the deal - kind of a head scratcher.

Bill G
That's exactly what I did, searched it on Cars.com and hit them all up. They are quick with contacting back. I couldn't figure out who is who anymore by the end of Saturday night.
Old 07-31-14, 01:13 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drbazing
That's exactly what I did, searched it on Cars.com and hit them all up. They are quick with contacting back. I couldn't figure out who is who anymore by the end of Saturday night.
Yeah but you got a great deal on a great car.
Old 07-31-14, 02:55 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Bill G
I'm trying not to put anybody under the bus. There are many dealer personnel on this forum and many are close competitors to each other. There are set of rules and regulations they follow in retail business. The dealership did not charge me for door sills, whether its was their mistake or not, no other dealers would beat that price.

I've talked to the sale person (Attila) from escondido lexus for YOU and he said it was alright to tell you about it. Just tell them Jae sent you. And you are welcome

Last edited by jkonquer; 07-31-14 at 03:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?