IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-14, 08:45 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MF is currently .00075 nationwide for Tier 1. It was .00085 up to the weekend.
Old 05-07-14, 03:43 PM
EdEWdGo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossfit04
ok ... now did you use that $3700 in a down payment on the car? if you did thats fine but for future reference Lexus does

''Multiple Security Deposits" Look it up if you want.

what this does is lowers you interest rate on the lease (you could deposit up to 9 deposits)

saves you about 40 - 70 dollars a month (depending on the situation) and at the end of the Lease you get you money back no questions asked. Reason why you never want to give money down you never gonna keep the car or if you total the car you lost that money, so why lose 3700$ if you could make a small investment, in the sense it saves you 40 - 70 a month and you get you money back at the end. It does alot better then sitting in a bank not really collecting much. If you have any other questions just let me know. ENJOY that NEW CAR bud!
Thanks! I'll have to keep that in mind for my next purchase as I did not know about that, and I did use the 3700 as a down payment. Fortunately from what it sounds like is that I intend on buying out the car once the lease expires anyhow, only leased really to keep the payments down as for the next year or so I have some extra bills that are higher than they would ordinarily be. Appreciate the advice
Old 05-07-14, 05:46 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

FYI: Anyone in SoCal that wants a great deal and smooth process PM me.
I dealt with Santa Monica Lexus and they were far easier to work with than other dealers I contacted.
Old 05-07-14, 10:01 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

ok ... now did you use that $3700 in a down payment on the car? if you did thats fine but for future reference Lexus does

''Multiple Security Deposits" Look it up if you want.

what this does is lowers you interest rate on the lease (you could deposit up to 9 deposits)

saves you about 40 - 70 dollars a month (depending on the situation) and at the end of the Lease you get you money back no questions asked. Reason why you never want to give money down you never gonna keep the car or if you total the car you lost that money, so why lose 3700$ if you could make a small investment, in the sense it saves you 40 - 70 a month and you get you money back at the end. It does alot better then sitting in a bank not really collecting much. If you have any other questions just let me know. ENJOY that NEW CAR bud!
about this MSD, getting your money back after your lease is up. do you still get your money back if you plan on buying the car after you leased is up?
Old 05-08-14, 05:44 AM
Crossfit04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HTXLexus
Yes, I qualified for tier 1. On the print out of the lease deal they gave me during the negotiation, it stated that the MF was .00125 for a credit score of 730 or higher.
weird Because the money factor for teir 1 is less, are you a first time car buyer ?
Old 05-08-14, 05:46 AM
Crossfit04
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by EdEWdGo
Thanks! I'll have to keep that in mind for my next purchase as I did not know about that, and I did use the 3700 as a down payment. Fortunately from what it sounds like is that I intend on buying out the car once the lease expires anyhow, only leased really to keep the payments down as for the next year or so I have some extra bills that are higher than they would ordinarily be. Appreciate the advice
No problem ! just here to help

Enjoy the Car!
Old 05-08-14, 05:51 AM
Crossfit04
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by Maxiii
about this MSD, getting your money back after your lease is up. do you still get your money back if you plan on buying the car after you leased is up?
Yes!,

Nothing to do with the purchase of the car. If you want that to be put in for the purchase yes by all means you could.

But they state all rules on the contract, they ONLY way that money is taken or used is if you miss a month they take the monthly payment out from there other then that its all yours at the end of the lease.

If ANYONE needs a second opinion on a quote or quote for a car Private message me. Im in South Florida and I have a good salesman that I purchased TWO Lexus's from. Plus he could arrange shipping if needed, Let me know Best of Luck !!
Old 05-08-14, 09:34 AM
hovik92
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2014 Nebula/Black is250 NON F-Sport with Navi from Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA.It is leased for 3 years with 10k miles a year. After putting $2000 down (which includes first payment, registration fees, and licensing fees), I am paying $348.01 a month including taxes. Sticker Price was $41,922.00
Old 05-08-14, 12:28 PM
HTXLexus
Driver School Candidate

weird Because the money factor for teir 1 is less, are you a first time car buyer ?
Yes, I am a first time buyer. The sales manager told me (at the time) he was unaware of any changes to May incentives for leasing IS models compared to April and that if any changes came up between the time I made the deal and picked up the car, he would adjust the payment amount. Car should be ready tomorrow or Saturday so this is something I will bring up.
Old 05-08-14, 04:20 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, I am a first time buyer. The sales manager told me (at the time) he was unaware of any changes to May incentives for leasing IS models compared to April and that if any changes came up between the time I made the deal and picked up the car, he would adjust the payment amount. Car should be ready tomorrow or Saturday so this is something I will bring up.
This has nothing to do with incentives - you should get the .00075 money factor - this dealer is not being honest with you. You might be better served changing dealers if that's possible.
Old 05-08-14, 04:51 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Are you saying that you can still renegotiate the terms? If yes, I can provide you with the payments you should be paying.
Old 05-08-14, 09:08 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

Yes!,

Nothing to do with the purchase of the car. If you want that to be put in for the purchase yes by all means you could.

But they state all rules on the contract, they ONLY way that money is taken or used is if you miss a month they take the monthly payment out from there other then that its all yours at the end of the lease.

If ANYONE needs a second opinion on a quote or quote for a car Private message me. Im in South Florida and I have a good salesman that I purchased TWO Lexus's from. Plus he could arrange shipping if needed, Let me know Best of Luck !!
good to know! Thanks! i'll probably end up doing that once i find a good deal.
Old 05-08-14, 10:55 PM
FuYun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by richng
no longer available. But there's a 1.9% for 60 months
Is the 1.9 available on the 350 F-Sport? What's the minimum credit score to qualify?
Old 05-09-14, 05:25 AM
Crossfit04
Driver School Candidate

Double check, Because thats a mark up on the money factor and you should be getting the base rate.

Since you have till tomorrow Call another dealer and check, doesnt hurt to try you could be saving alot of money if you look into it first.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-09-14, 05:19 PM
HTXLexus
Driver School Candidate

Double check, Because thats a mark up on the money factor and you should be getting the base rate.

Since you have till tomorrow Call another dealer and check, doesnt hurt to try you could be saving alot of money if you look into it first.

Let us know how it goes.
Called a different dealer this morning and priced out a lease deal. He came back with $589/month. I asked what money factor he was using and he refused to tell me unless I came into the dealership and sat down with him, stating in his 28 years of experience he never disclosed that information over the phone.

Went to the dealership to pick up my car later in the day and the sales manager I previously negotiated with was not there. Got stuck with a random F&I woman and brought up the money factor issue. She was not willing to negotiate, trying to convince me that I was getting a "special rate." At this point, I could see my car through the windows of the office and after 30 minutes of talking in circles I knew the conversation was going nowhere.

Left with a bad taste in my mouth considering it was my first leasing experience. But, the car is beautiful and it is exactly what I wanted. Can't wait for the rain to pass here in Houston and take her out!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?