IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-14, 08:56 AM
Richstang
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moridan
Picking up my IS350 RWD F-Sport with BSM, ML, and Steering today. MSRP was $48, 612 and got about $2,200 off by going through USAA buying service. Had to watch the dealer carefully because they tried to slip in a different price on me at the end.
Glad to see the USAA buying service worked for you. I'm thinking about using it as well.
Old 04-09-14, 09:17 PM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

never posted what i paid but $45.5 is350 awd fsport ultra white with red interior and BSM. got them to throw in the 5 year wheel and tire warranty for free... has anyone had experience with it?
Old 04-09-14, 10:13 PM
FuYun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a 350 Fsport RWD in SoCal, msrp $48k. Preferably white with red interior.

Goal: $42k - $1k college grad rebate - $750 finance rebate = $40k ish plus TTL. Is that feasible? If so, which dealers will likely to give me less BS? Tustin gave me quite a bit, probably won't buy from there.

Also, does Lexus have a penalty for paying off my loan early?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-09-14, 10:30 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FuYun
Looking for a 350 Fsport RWD in SoCal, msrp $48k. Preferably white with red interior.

Goal: $42k - $1k college grad rebate - $750 finance rebate = $40k ish plus TTL. Is that feasible? If so, which dealers will likely to give me less BS? Tustin gave me quite a bit, probably won't buy from there.

Thanks guys!
that's a very aggressive target. I personally dont think its feasible. It will be good if you get 46-47k incl TTL. But 43 incl TTL is quite a low ball offer. Lmk if u can get it tho. I might need u in my next car purchase!
Old 04-10-14, 08:50 AM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys!
I believe the college rebate promotion ended on the 31st of March.
Old 04-10-14, 10:17 AM
WiLz
Driver

Thanks guys!
I think $42k (before incentives) for a white/red with ML is unlikely, but you can try, maybe you'll get lucky. You can probably get that price if color doesn't matter, as dealers are more willing to deal on less popular (or more available) colors. Where are you located, and how far are you willing to go to get the car?

As for the loan, there is no pre-payment penalty, just whatever interest has already accumulated. You can always finance as little as allowed to minimize interest costs, get the incentives, then pay it off. Some dealers did say it's best to make 1 to 3 payments to make sure you get the rebates that require financing through LFS. Though people on the forum have said they paid it off immediately and didn't have any problems.

Originally Posted by Silec
I believe the college rebate promotion ended on the 31st of March.
The college rebate was renewed until July 7th, 2014. It's actually usually ongoing, they just change the amount sometimes.
Old 04-10-14, 09:44 PM
FuYun
Driver School Candidate

I am in Irvine and willing to travel up to 100 miles for the best deal. People here have reported they have gotten their 350 Fsport white/red combo for about $42k. Not sure if that included any rebates. In theory, if a dealer offers $42k as selling price, they wouldn't mind helping me getting any rebates.

If $42k is unlikely, what selling price should I aim for? I only want the white/red combo.
Old 04-11-14, 05:32 AM
Crossfit04
Driver School Candidate

If anyone works at a Lexus dealer private message me I have a question that may be you could help elaborate on thanks guys.
Old 04-11-14, 10:13 PM
FuYun
Driver School Candidate

How about $43k for a 350 Fsport ultra white/Rioja red? Am I over paying?

Should be able to stack the college grad and finance rebates, right?
Old 04-11-14, 10:54 PM
iddi0tt
Rookie

where/who are you getting it from?
Old 04-11-14, 10:59 PM
FuYun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iddi0tt
where/who are you getting it from?
Haven't gotten a solid offer yet but a few places around LA have offered me around 43-44k. Not sure if I should jump on it or keep waiting. That's Why I am asking here
Old 04-11-14, 11:22 PM
iddi0tt
Rookie

Haven't gotten a solid offer yet but a few places around LA have offered me around 43-44k. Not sure if I should jump on it or keep waiting. That's Why I am asking here
if that's the price OTD, then I'd def go for it, but even not it's still a pretty good deal. lowest I've seen is $41k but that was from an employee
Old 04-12-14, 01:50 AM
WiLz
Driver

Here's a compilation of all the posted deals in California for the past 3 months:

Originally Posted by ejpyong
Live in Socal and got an IS 350 F-Sport with ML for 42K + taxes & fees, which comes out to a little over 46K OTD.

Sorry, MSRP is $48,298. I went to Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys.

There were no incentives, and the whole buying process was surprisingly easy.

me: I'll jump on it if it's $42K.
dealer: OK, we'll give it to you for $42K.
me: Uhh, what?

Ask for Katherine.
Originally Posted by glenntn
I'm in LA and got the 350 F-Sport for 43,250 in Dec...Grey / Red
Originally Posted by gdog34
CL has really helped me research before buying. Thought I post my purchase details to reciprocate.

2014 IS350 RWD
Ultra White/Roja Red
F-Sport
Nav + Mark Levinson
BSM/Rear cross traffic
Trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks, and bumper appliqué

MSRP = $48,298
Invoice = $45,400
Purchase Price = $43,000
OTD (CA) = $47, 200

Think I got a pretty good deal since it was the last day of the month.
Originally Posted by WiLz
2014 IS350 F-Sport
Ultra White / Rioja Red
Navigation, Mark Levinson, Blind Spot Monitor, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks

MSRP $48,062
Offer $43,750 + Tax & License – $2,750 Incentives ($1,000 Lexus Lane Changing Certificate, $1,000 College Graduate Rebate, $750 APR Cash)
Final Discount ~$7,000 off MSRP or ~$4,000+ off invoice
Final OTD $45,000 (including all tax & fees, no trade-in)
Originally Posted by johnhong
Paid ~$1000 below invoice for my 350 F-Sport up in the SF BayArea. White on black w/ML, BSM.
MSRP - 48,14
Invoice 45,270
Price paid 44,270 + tax
OTD was around 48.7K
Originally Posted by jp1022
IS 350 RWD
Ultra white black interior
f sport
blind spot cross traffic
navigation/mark L
Accessory package(wheel locks and mats)

MSRP $48,214
dropped to $42,500 + taxes & license
purchase

I got my is 350 white f sport for 46,400 otd with 19 miles they got wiggle room I'm sure. Sticker 48,000. Before taxes was 42,300
Originally Posted by Jaydemm
I ended up getting my 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport Nebula Grey/Rioja Red w/ mark levinson and blind spot monitors for $47k out the door
Originally Posted by uccal
Long time lurker but thought I'd share:

2014 IS350 RWD
Ultra White/Roja Red
F-Sport
Nav/Mark Levinson
BSM/Rear cross traffic

MSRP 48,148
Selling Price 42,900
Had to finance part of the purchase to use Lane Change $1K certificate
~45.8K OTD with CA tax
I am in Irvine and willing to travel up to 100 miles for the best deal. People here have reported they have gotten their 350 Fsport white/red combo for about $42k. Not sure if that included any rebates. In theory, if a dealer offers $42k as selling price, they wouldn't mind helping me getting any rebates.

If $42k is unlikely, what selling price should I aim for? I only want the white/red combo.

As you can see, the lowest confirmed White/Red was $42,900 before any incentives, with several people in the $43K range. jp1022 did say he got a White/Black for $42,500, but he didn't say if that is with any incentives/rebates. And even if it is without incentives, dealers generally are more willing to deal on White/Black than White/Red. ejpyong said he got $42K, but didn't state the color; I would suspect that is not for a White/Red.

I'm not saying you shouldn't aim for $42K, just that you should have a number in mind before you negotiate with the dealer; ask yourself: "at what price am I willing to buy the car at today?" A good price is what you are happy paying - are you going to be happy with a price of $43K for that white/red IS350 F-sport? You also have to realize that your options are more limited since you are set on one particular color combo, and only a few dealers have the car you want. You definitely won't be "overpaying" at $43K, many people in other parts of the country can only dream of getting a deal for $43K; and even in California, it's still a good deal.

Lastly, yes, the college grad and finance rebates are stackable. They do not come out of the dealer's pockets, so negotiate your best deal, then ask for the rebates on top, they should have no problem giving them to you. They do calculate tax on the pre-rebate price first, then deduct the rebate amount though.
Old 04-12-14, 11:44 AM
iddi0tt
Rookie

Here's a compilation of all the posted deals in California for the past 3 months:

This. Super helpful. Thank you.

If you don't mind me asking, which dealership did you go to?

As you can see, the lowest confirmed White/Red was $42,900 before any incentives, with several people in the $43K range. jp1022 did say he got a White/Black for $42,500, but he didn't say if that is with any incentives/rebates. And even if it is without incentives, dealers generally are more willing to deal on White/Black than White/Red. ejpyong said he got $42K, but didn't state the color; I would suspect that is not for a White/Red.

I'm not saying you shouldn't aim for $42K, just that you should have a number in mind before you negotiate with the dealer; ask yourself: "at what price am I willing to buy the car at today?" A good price is what you are happy paying - are you going to be happy with a price of $43K for that white/red IS350 F-sport? You also have to realize that your options are more limited since you are set on one particular color combo, and only a few dealers have the car you want. You definitely won't be "overpaying" at $43K, many people in other parts of the country can only dream of getting a deal for $43K; and even in California, it's still a good deal.

Lastly, yes, the college grad and finance rebates are stackable. They do not come out of the dealer's pockets, so negotiate your best deal, then ask for the rebates on top, they should have no problem giving them to you. They do calculate tax on the pre-rebate price first, then deduct the rebate amount though.
This. thank you, super helpful
Old 04-12-14, 07:14 PM
alpha12
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As for the loan, there is no pre-payment penalty, just whatever interest has already accumulated. You can always finance as little as allowed to minimize interest costs, get the incentives, then pay it off. Some dealers did say it's best to make 1 to 3 payments to make sure you get the rebates that require financing through LFS. Though people on the forum have said they paid it off immediately and didn't have any problems.
Are you sure about the no penalties for paying off the loan early? I financed the minimum 15k to qualify for the 750$ finance rebate/1k$ student grad rebate but was told I had to keep it for a minimum of 6 months then I could pay the rest off with no risk of the rebate(s) being retracted.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?