IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-14, 07:27 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in So Cal and it seems I can easily get an IS250 Fsport + navi + BSM for $42k OTD. I'm wondering if $40-41k OTD is feasible?
Old 03-24-14, 07:42 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by craigsager
I'm in So Cal and it seems I can easily get an IS250 Fsport + navi + BSM for $42k OTD. I'm wondering if $40-41k OTD is feasible?
Craig - I think that if you work multiple dealers against each other, as the end of the month/quarter approaches, you may catch a dealer who is close to an incentive quota who might be willing to give you a deeper discount to move a unit. Use email - work exclusively with the Internet Depts - follow up by phone. If you get within 500 of your target, tell them if they drop 500, you'll be there in 30 mins to sign the papers.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks, Bill
Old 03-24-14, 08:18 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Craig - I think that if you work multiple dealers against each other, as the end of the month/quarter approaches, you may catch a dealer who is close to an incentive quota who might be willing to give you a deeper discount to move a unit. Use email - work exclusively with the Internet Depts - follow up by phone. If you get within 500 of your target, tell them if they drop 500, you'll be there in 30 mins to sign the papers.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks, Bill

I've been talking to a few guys via email but I haven't given them an ultimatum price of $41k. I've been dancing around the $42k figure quoted because I haven't totally decided on committing to an IS.

The guys that I'm talking to are "Internet Sales Manager". Are they the guys who can actually negotiate prices and are paid via salary so they can give good deals?
Old 03-24-14, 08:27 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

When you guys negotiate via e-mail do you negotiate "out of the door price" or the listing price? Arre you telling them the county you live in so they can add any tax, etc accurate?
Old 03-24-14, 08:34 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by keyframe13
When you guys negotiate via e-mail do you negotiate "out of the door price" or the listing price? Arre you telling them the county you live in so they can add any tax, etc accurate?
Depends on what you are comfortable with - in CA, where we are, TTL is around 11% of the selling price and dealer doc fee is capped at $80 so it's fairly easy to do the math. When I get close to my target price, I usually request an itemized breakdown from the dealer - that usually nails it down.
Old 03-24-14, 08:34 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I try to negotiate OTD prices so they can't tack on misc fees or something like destination and claim it was never in the quote.
Old 03-24-14, 08:37 PM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im looking to purchase this weekend. the local lexus around me has 3 white is350 f-sports in inventory (as said on their website). i checked on other lexus dealerships in the same area and they have the same cars and exact msrp in inventory. does anyone know the truth behind the actual inventory list?
Old 03-24-14, 08:39 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by craigsager
I try to negotiate OTD prices so they can't tack on misc fees or something like destination and claim it was never in the quote.
Hey Craig - is Longo one of your dealers? An Orange County poster in the GS forum gives their Internet Dept rave reviews - he just got a killer deal on his GS.
Old 03-24-14, 08:43 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Hey Craig - is Longo one of your dealers? An Orange County poster in the GS forum gives their Internet Dept rave reviews - he just got a killer deal on his GS.
I haven't talked to longo yet. Maybe I will. Not the first time I've heard about them.
Old 03-24-14, 10:01 PM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by kasarap
im looking to purchase this weekend. the local lexus around me has 3 white is350 f-sports in inventory (as said on their website). i checked on other lexus dealerships in the same area and they have the same cars and exact msrp in inventory. does anyone know the truth behind the actual inventory list?
It is not accurate. From what I could tell, the website inventory seems to just show vehicles in the region, not at the specific dealer. And it may also include cars on the way to the dealerships.

When I was searching, I noticed that dealerships near each other showed what appeared to be the same 5 Ultra White cars on the online inventory, with the exact same MSRPs. And when I visited or called the dealers, none of them actually had those cars. Each dealership had at most 1 Ultra White; most had none, but told me they had 1 or 2 coming in that week. This was the case for at least 5-7 dealerships within a 50 mile radius. If I went far enough beyond the radius, the online inventory would change though, but it was still never accurate. So the only way is to contact the dealers and ask them.
Old 03-24-14, 11:32 PM
ejpyong
Driver School Candidate

Live in Socal and got an IS 350 F-Sport with ML for 42K + taxes & fees, which comes out to a little over 46K OTD.

Last edited by ejpyong; 03-26-14 at 06:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-14, 06:42 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ejpyong
Live in Socal and got an IS 350 F-Sport with ML for 42K + taxes & fees, which comes out to a little over 47K OTD.
Congrats on the great deal - enjoy your new IS!

Could you share the msrp and the dealer?

Were there any incentives involved that a routine customer might not get?

Thanks, Bill G
Old 03-25-14, 10:37 AM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WiLz
It is not accurate. From what I could tell, the website inventory seems to just show vehicles in the region, not at the specific dealer. And it may also include cars on the way to the dealerships.

When I was searching, I noticed that dealerships near each other showed what appeared to be the same 5 Ultra White cars on the online inventory, with the exact same MSRPs. And when I visited or called the dealers, none of them actually had those cars. Each dealership had at most 1 Ultra White; most had none, but told me they had 1 or 2 coming in that week. This was the case for at least 5-7 dealerships within a 50 mile radius. If I went far enough beyond the radius, the online inventory would change though, but it was still never accurate. So the only way is to contact the dealers and ask them.
thanks. just called 3 dealerships who claimed to have had it online. two of them dont have it and saying its coming in next week and the one dealership has one left.
Old 03-25-14, 02:52 PM
zhawks
Driver School Candidate

Are lease deals/rates usually better during the last month of the quarter? Will residuals start to fall on 2014 models as we get closer to the 2015 model release? To get what I want, I'll need to special order an IS so I figure I should try and factor these variables in to get the best deal I can get.

I got quotes last week for $1000 above invoice on a MSRP of $50085 (sale price of $48019). Money factor was 0.00085 and residuals started at 73% for 24mo/12K, 63% for 36mo/12K and 53% for 48mo/12K. 15K mile residuals were 2% lower for each term length. Would it be wise to expect similar, better or worse rates than this if I wait to order a 2015 IS350 AWD F-sport? I don't expect them to be the same.
Old 03-25-14, 05:42 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zhawks
Are lease deals/rates usually better during the last month of the quarter? Will residuals start to fall on 2014 models as we get closer to the 2015 model release? To get what I want, I'll need to special order an IS so I figure I should try and factor these variables in to get the best deal I can get.

I got quotes last week for $1000 above invoice on a MSRP of $50085 (sale price of $48019). Money factor was 0.00085 and residuals started at 73% for 24mo/12K, 63% for 36mo/12K and 53% for 48mo/12K. 15K mile residuals were 2% lower for each term length. Would it be wise to expect similar, better or worse rates than this if I wait to order a 2015 IS350 AWD F-sport? I don't expect them to be the same.
The quick answer to your question is that incentives and money factors are not as good at the beginning of a model year - you should be ok on residuals.

Just curious - what is it that you need that requires a special order for a vehicle you intend to lease?
Cutting a great deal is really difficult on a special order, particularly at the beginning of a model year.

Bill G

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?