Thanks - the listing has been revised to remove the "Leather Interior"

Looking to upgrade to an NX
Old 08-11-17, 01:12 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,501 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Richkid
Looking to upgrade to an NX
I had an NX as a loaner last week. I didn't expect to like it, but it is a nice car for sure. The steering wheel is the same as in the IS, - which is a good thing - and the car overall felt pretty responsive. There was some turbo lag on the on-ramp, but it's not slow either. Most of all, it was comfortable. Maybe not as relaxing as the RX, but that's $7k more - plus I prefer the NX's looks, no contest.
The following users liked this post:
Richkid (08-11-17)
Old 08-11-17, 01:34 PM
Richkid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, we've had it as a loaner as well, while the car was getting it's routine service; definitely more practical for my wife & kid.

We just sold our GLK and I just picked up a Stage 2 B5 S4... doesn't make sense to have two sedan.
Old 08-12-17, 10:52 PM
alexalex
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,
This is the first time I am buying a new car. I am in WA state. I would like to get some advice for negotiating the price.

I went to Lexus dealership in Seattle, and wanted to buy 2017 IS 350 AWD F-Sport Caviar Black

MSRP: $51,195
Dealer Invoice: $48,200
OTD Price: ~$53,xxx

so I wrote my OTD price down $48,500. the salesman told me that he couldn't do any lower than the invoice price. Then he said he went to ask the other guy, but in fact he came to the service area to chat with other customer. Therefore, I left the room and went outside. In the end, I just left the dealership.
Old 08-12-17, 11:08 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by alexalex
Hi guys,
This is the first time I am buying a new car. I am in WA state. I would like to get some advice for negotiating the price.

I went to Lexus dealership in Seattle, and wanted to buy 2017 IS 350 AWD F-Sport Caviar Black

MSRP: $51,195
Dealer Invoice: $48,200
OTD Price: ~$53,xxx

so I wrote my OTD price down $48,500. the salesman told me that he couldn't do any lower than the invoice price. Then he said he went to ask the other guy, but in fact he came to the service area to chat with other customer. Therefore, I left the room and went outside. In the end, I just left the dealership.
The biggest problem is that you went into the dealer. Do your contacts by email. Go to the dealer website and look at the staff and email internet sales people.
Still, some markets are better/different than others. I posted my deal it should be visible a page or two back. Consider buying from my dealer in SF, CA and having the car shipped. Car shipping will be $400-500 for you but may be worth it. The deal you want is not unachievable.
Old 08-12-17, 11:46 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I had an NX as a loaner last week. I didn't expect to like it, but it is a nice car for sure. The steering wheel is the same as in the IS, - which is a good thing - and the car overall felt pretty responsive. There was some turbo lag on the on-ramp, but it's not slow either. Most of all, it was comfortable. Maybe not as relaxing as the RX, but that's $7k more - plus I prefer the NX's looks, no contest.
The NX FSPORT is is very nice car. Especially with the upgrade LED lights; you get the triple jewel blubs. Fully loaded, the car is around 48K, about 2K less than what my IS350 FSPORT's sticker price. Plus, the NX comes with more features, and its a compact SUV! Same length as the current IS.

Def a car to be looking at if looking to get into a SUV, and if the RX is too big and looking to save money. Turbo Lag, yes. But its something to get use to I guess. I just wish they made a NX300H FSPORT, but its not an option I believe.

If I were to go back in time, I would had probably got the NX vs. the IS. I'm getting old, and ffs I had trouble today trying to fit a computer chair in the car.
Old 08-16-17, 06:50 PM
200tcowboy
Driver School Candidate

Well since they no longer have the is 250 in 2017 I will say I got the IS200t fsport msrp was 45888 I paid cash and got 6k off so around 39888. plus tax and license. Valley lexus in Modesto,
Old 08-21-17, 11:18 AM
danny8787
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2017 Lexus IS350 F Sports
- Navigation Package w/Mark Levinson Premium Audio
- Blind Spot Monir w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Accessory Package 2
Sticker Price: 49,289.00
Paid: 42,400.00 + Tax and Title Fee
Old 08-22-17, 06:10 PM
Mvppsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by danny8787
2017 Lexus IS350 F Sports
- Navigation Package w/Mark Levinson Premium Audio
- Blind Spot Monir w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Accessory Package 2
Sticker Price: 49,289.00
Paid: 42,400.00 + Tax and Title Fee
what dealership was this from? Does that price include the $1500 Lexus cash?

I am up north but I'm looking for a rwd is350 and the North Carolina dealers are the closest ones that have the car I want in stock. I may try negotiating with the internet sales person at one of the dealers to make a deal and fly down to pick up the car.
Old 08-22-17, 09:27 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
The NX FSPORT is is very nice car. Especially with the upgrade LED lights; you get the triple jewel blubs. Fully loaded, the car is around 48K, about 2K less than what my IS350 FSPORT's sticker price. Plus, the NX comes with more features, and its a compact SUV! Same length as the current IS.

Def a car to be looking at if looking to get into a SUV, and if the RX is too big and looking to save money. Turbo Lag, yes. But its something to get use to I guess. I just wish they made a NX300H FSPORT, but its not an option I believe.

If I were to go back in time, I would had probably got the NX vs. the IS. I'm getting old, and ffs I had trouble today trying to fit a computer chair in the car.
Agree with you about the NX being a nice ride. Had it as a loaner and was def surprised by how it handles. I didn't notice any body roll either hitting those turns for it being a SUV. If I was in the market for a SUV, the NX would probably be high on the list to purchase.

Also... did you say you are getting old?!! 23-24 is still in your prime! Enjoy it lol, those are the good days!
Old 08-23-17, 12:25 AM
snoflewis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by azmojo
The biggest problem is that you went into the dealer. Do your contacts by email. Go to the dealer website and look at the staff and email internet sales people.
Still, some markets are better/different than others. I posted my deal it should be visible a page or two back. Consider buying from my dealer in SF, CA and having the car shipped. Car shipping will be $400-500 for you but may be worth it. The deal you want is not unachievable.
definitely do-able. my first test drive after scheduling one online, i was offered $3k below invoice on any IS350/RC350 without any cash back. tack on the cash back and you should be at your desired price.
Old 08-23-17, 06:34 AM
danny8787
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mvppsu
what dealership was this from? Does that price include the $1500 Lexus cash?

I am up north but I'm looking for a rwd is350 and the North Carolina dealers are the closest ones that have the car I want in stock. I may try negotiating with the internet sales person at one of the dealers to make a deal and fly down to pick up the car.
Only Lexus Dealer here in RDU area will be Johnson Lexus. The price was included $1500 Lexus Cash. I am not sure if they can give you the same price but you can always negotiate.
Highly recommend Johnson Lexus in Raleigh location. I've shopped few other places like Audi, BMW but this Lexus location has highest customer service I've experienced.

They do have a great selection on Pre-Owned as well. I think I will probably buy my next from here again.
Old 08-23-17, 09:40 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,501 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Agree with you about the NX being a nice ride. Had it as a loaner and was def surprised by how it handles. I didn't notice any body roll either hitting those turns for it being a SUV. If I was in the market for a SUV, the NX would probably be high on the list to purchase.
Off-topic but I managed to elicit some squeals from the tires coming out of a roundabout. It definitely doesn't handle as well as the IS. Heck, I wasn't intentionally trying to chirp the tires on a loaner!

(or was I?)

I really need to negotiate a better deal on my next vehicle. I get more and more depressed every time I read what folks are paying for their 350's being less than what I paid on my 300.
Old 10-03-17, 10:42 AM
nabeel24
Rookie

Have been searching around for quotes on a 2017 IS200t F Sport.

One quote I received was $38,879 OTD (including taxes) for that F Sport model.
How does that compare?

This is from a dealer in NC and I live in Northern VA so traveling is required.
Old 10-03-17, 01:05 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by nabeel24
Have been searching around for quotes on a 2017 IS200t F Sport.

One quote I received was $38,879 OTD (including taxes) for that F Sport model.
How does that compare?

This is from a dealer in NC and I live in Northern VA so traveling is required.
Have you tried Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria? I have always had good luck dealing with Thai in new car sales compared to some of my local Lexus dealers. I bought/lease my last two Lexus' from him.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?