IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 10-09-13, 05:49 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stitch626
2014 IS 350 F Sport - ML surround sound and navigation, BSM, VGRS, Floor mats w/trunk and cargo net and rear bumper applique. Sticker was 48,850 took out dealer at 44k in Miami, FL.
Almost $5k off? That's way below invoice! That's got to be the best deal I've seen here.
Old 10-09-13, 06:48 PM
ISISGUY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32,450 plus tax on an IS250 non-nav. I still didn't get as good of a rate as I could've from them but I'm ok with it.
Old 10-09-13, 07:45 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISISGUY
32,450 plus tax on an IS250 non-nav. I still didn't get as good of a rate as I could've from them but I'm ok with it.
Wow that's cheap! I didn't know they could even get that low.
Old 10-10-13, 05:49 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Almost $5k off? That's way below invoice! That's got to be the best deal I've seen here.
Ya I had gone in with a deal I had from a non f sport 350 with nav the night before from another dealer. Sticker was 46 on that one and was dropped to 40k family discount and well I walked into the other dealer next day looking to get that beat and ended up walking out with the F sport because it was only $18 more a month for my lease no brainer.
Old 10-11-13, 09:56 AM
cpham4
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up a 250 f sport with msrp of 42k for $37,700. Out the door in Los Angeles for approx. 41k.
Old 10-14-13, 06:27 AM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have experience in negotiating their purchase on a vehicle that wasn't sitting on the lot? The color and option combination I am looking for is not readily available and will have to be shipped from another dealer or ordered. Do you lose all ability to negotiate?

When you are emailing dealers for quotes will they only consider vehicles in inventory? Thanks!
Old 10-14-13, 07:19 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kizersoze
Does anyone have experience in negotiating their purchase on a vehicle that wasn't sitting on the lot? The color and option combination I am looking for is not readily available and will have to be shipped from another dealer or ordered. Do you lose all ability to negotiate?

When you are emailing dealers for quotes will they only consider vehicles in inventory? Thanks!
Seems like the people getting the deals are cars that are on the lots and seems to be mostly California and Florida who actually have cars on their lots.

Two Lexus dealers near my house each have one F-sport 250. Truecar.com is reporting people are getting 1K off sticker according to the last 8 sales in the Houston area.

See what Truecar.com is saying for your area.
Old 10-14-13, 07:51 AM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
Seems like the people getting the deals are cars that are on the lots and seems to be mostly California and Florida who actually have cars on their lots.

Two Lexus dealers near my house each have one F-sport 250. Truecar.com is reporting people are getting 1K off sticker according to the last 8 sales in the Houston area.

See what Truecar.com is saying for your area.
Thanks. Only thing sketchy about truecar is that they are paid by automakers. So basically, what you are getting shown is only what lexus wants you to see.
Old 10-14-13, 07:53 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Thanks. Only thing sketchy about truecar is that they are paid by automakers. So basically, what you are getting shown is only what lexus wants you to see.
True but since we can't get the cars here in my area seeing them coming off the sticker now is a welcome change. Last month they were not coming off sticker according to Truecar.
Old 10-14-13, 05:34 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

My car was special ordered and I got $3500 off. My car won't arrive until Dec/Jan. First offer I got was $500 off.
Old 10-14-13, 07:27 PM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

My car was special ordered and I got $3500 off. My car won't arrive until Dec/Jan. First offer I got was $500 off.
That seems like a solid deal. They offered me $1,500 off today, but I know buying at the end of the month or year will get me better pricing. When they offered $500 off how'd you work them down? Did you tell them you wouldn't buy unless they got $4 k off? Today I got the standard "this is a new car in high demand" speech.
Old 10-14-13, 07:34 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

That seems like a solid deal. They offered me $1,500 off today, but I know buying at the end of the month or year will get me better pricing. When they offered $500 off how'd you work them down? Did you tell them you wouldn't buy unless they got $4 k off? Today I got the standard "this is a new car in high demand" speech.
Since two local dealers are owned by the same owner I had to get price quotes from out of state. I intended to purchase from out of state but local dealer basically match the deal. It worked out better since I didn't have to pay the shipping I would prefer to start a good relationship with my local dealer if possible since I intend to service my car there.
Old 10-14-13, 07:42 PM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

Since two local dealers are owned by the same owner I had to get price quotes from out of state. I intended to purchase from out of state but local dealer basically match the deal. It worked out better since I didn't have to pay the shipping I would prefer to start a good relationship with my local dealer if possible since I intend to service my car there.
Thanks for the info. I will get in touch with some other dealers to see if I can get a better price. Now that I know exactly what I want it should be straightforward. What worked best for you? Email or phone calls?
Old 10-14-13, 07:58 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info. I will get in touch with some other dealers to see if I can get a better price. Now that I know exactly what I want it should be straightforward. What worked best for you? Email or phone calls?
I started with email but most of the dealers want to talk to you on the phone I think to make sure you are serious about purchase. To get the lowest price I would contact the CA dealers. They are offering invoice price on 3IS F Sport. Then contact your local dealers via email and let them know you are wanting to purchase and have a price from out of state dealer. I think you'll find some dealer would match that price + shipping (< $1000). You might find one willing dealer who'll match the price outright. If they don't then just purchase from CA dealer and pay few hundred for shipping! But be prepare to wait long time (2 to 4 months) if you special order as I'm currently!
Old 10-14-13, 08:21 PM
ISISGUY
Rookie

I tried negotiating for a car that wasn't on the lot before I bought my Lexus, but with Audi, because I was looking for a manual A4. I felt like they are willing to work for you but definitely not as much as they would if the car was on the lot. I got the impression several times that they would only go get the car if there was a lot in it for them. They kept trying to push for another one on the lot that I didn't want. Ultimately, they can always say that they couldn't get the one you wanted or try to switch it up on you just because they know they won't make money on the deal. Just my 2 cents, deal for the car on the lot, unless you are ordering it from the factory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?