IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Thinking of leasing a 2014 IS350 AWD F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-13, 12:38 PM
ddb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a 2014 IS350 F Sport RWD lease for $585 a month and $1,200 Down. Lease terms are 12K miles a year for 4 years.

Of course, I know the Sales Manager at the Lexus I go to, and many other "insiders" so they always look for a good deal for me. All it takes is to know how to negotiate.

Since this could be your first lease, let me explain something to you. Lexus retains lots of value at the end of the Lease, so the amount you will be financing is usually less than half of the price tag.

Another thing to consider is, when you lease a Lexus, best way to end the lease is not by the end of the contract but before. As long you have no accidents on your carfax, so the record is clean, you bring the car back to Lexus prior to the end of your lease and get a new one. Lexus will buy the car back, so miles will not count, just the value.

to lower the price, do a lease for 4 years with 10 or not more than 12K miles. Then bring it back in about 2 to 3 years, and get a new one. That is what I do. Lexus buys back the car, even if I have double the miles, and give me a good deal for a brand new model of the current year. Just make sure to fight the down so you give as little as possible. Acceptable numbers should be between one month pay to no more than double. Since this is a new model (3rd gen), best I did was double the monthly payment for down payment.

And just one more thing, only get an AWD model if you have lots of snow where you live. Otherwise, RWD is a better option besides the fact it has the new 8 Speed Transmission which gives better MPG.

Good luck.
Old 09-11-13, 09:06 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
My local dealer has sold all of their IS 250 and 350 F sports. They won't get a new allotment until December. All orders are now special orders. The first deal they came back to me was a joke I almost walked out.

12K per year
48 month
-8,000 trade in

724 a month (First number back.)

Laughed and told them not even in the ball park told them I want my payments in the 400's.

450 a month (Agreed on number depending on my credit.)

Problem is I don't want my credit pulled until the car is here. Car isn't being built until Sept 16. It could be here 30 days or 60 days after being built. Just don't want my credit pulled twice for the same car.
That's 620 a month if zero down, on a 48 month lease. You can do better than that (depends on the area how much better). Also you should put part (I say most) of the 8K into security deposit to lower the money factor, instead of straight up cap cost reduction.
Old 09-11-13, 09:24 PM
isthree50
Rookie

Just to give u an idea I got 2014 is350 rwd $47,080 Msrp or somewhere in that neighborhood for 600 a month including tax for 48 months I put $1200 down but I was also $5,000 upside down in my trade in I got tier 2 lease money factor was .00175 I believe I got $3000 off window sticker to help cover my negative lol
Old 09-13-13, 05:04 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flippd
That's 620 a month if zero down, on a 48 month lease. You can do better than that (depends on the area how much better). Also you should put part (I say most) of the 8K into security deposit to lower the money factor, instead of straight up cap cost reduction.
Thx, going to go back up there in a week or so to have them pull my credit score. Might just do the deal and drive a loaner until my car comes in. Will be ahead on miles if I go that route. My current car is getting ready to die and the offer they gave me on it is 2K over what I was expecting.
Old 10-06-13, 10:30 AM
jelharrar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by crzyis
You guys are getting ripped off by your dealers........

Just got....
2014 F-Sport with Mark
48533 Sticker
Paid 45,000
1k drive off
550 a month 36 month 12k a year.

Dont go bragging.
I got 2014 IS350 F sport, $48898 W/ Mark, BSM, fully loaded, 3k drive off, 400/month w tax.
12k/year. 27 months.
Old 10-06-13, 10:59 AM
KeyserS
Rookie

Originally Posted by ddb
I got a 2014 IS350 F Sport RWD lease for $585 a month and $1,200 Down. Lease terms are 12K miles a year for 4 years.

Of course, I know the Sales Manager at the Lexus I go to, and many other "insiders" so they always look for a good deal for me. All it takes is to know how to negotiate.

Since this could be your first lease, let me explain something to you. Lexus retains lots of value at the end of the Lease, so the amount you will be financing is usually less than half of the price tag.

Another thing to consider is, when you lease a Lexus, best way to end the lease is not by the end of the contract but before. As long you have no accidents on your carfax, so the record is clean, you bring the car back to Lexus prior to the end of your lease and get a new one. Lexus will buy the car back, so miles will not count, just the value.

to lower the price, do a lease for 4 years with 10 or not more than 12K miles. Then bring it back in about 2 to 3 years, and get a new one. That is what I do. Lexus buys back the car, even if I have double the miles, and give me a good deal for a brand new model of the current year. Just make sure to fight the down so you give as little as possible. Acceptable numbers should be between one month pay to no more than double. Since this is a new model (3rd gen), best I did was double the monthly payment for down payment.

And just one more thing, only get an AWD model if you have lots of snow where you live. Otherwise, RWD is a better option besides the fact it has the new 8 Speed Transmission which gives better MPG.

Good luck.
I've never leased a car and do not know much about it, but on the face of it, it seems like you are saying that over a long period of time trading frequently costs less than trading infrequently. I can't help but think that you have to be overlooking something. But that is my impression of leasing in general. Dealers love to lease, and if it is good for them, it cannot possibly be good for the leasee. Some people allude to a supposed tax benefit, but I' pretty sure that if you qualify for that benefit, the same benefit is available with purchasing.
Old 10-06-13, 03:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by KeyserS
I've never leased a car and do not know much about it, but on the face of it, it seems like you are saying that over a long period of time trading frequently costs less than trading infrequently. I can't help but think that you have to be overlooking something. But that is my impression of leasing in general. Dealers love to lease, and if it is good for them, it cannot possibly be good for the leasee. Some people allude to a supposed tax benefit, but I' pretty sure that if you qualify for that benefit, the same benefit is available with purchasing.
Leasing is not cheaper than trading infrequently. Its cheaper than buying and continuing to trade frequently. If you're going to trade cars every 2-4 years anyways, you should look at leasing...especially if you deduct a car for business.

The cheapest way to own a car is always going to be to buy it and drive it until its fully depreciated, or even better to buy a 3 year old car and keep it until its fully depreciated. But, for those of us who enjoy having a new car every few years leasing is a way to at least make that a little less costly, and less of a hassle.

As for a business writeoff, you can also write off an owned vehicle for business. But, you have to depreciate it, and when you go to trade you will have to pay recaptured depreciation on it unless you keep it until the IRS depreciation schedule is over. The lease is a better write off and its much simpler.
Old 10-10-13, 12:16 AM
nraz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jelharrar
Dont go bragging.
I got 2014 IS350 F sport, $48898 W/ Mark, BSM, fully loaded, 3k drive off, 400/month w tax.
12k/year. 27 months.
Hi! This is an outstanding deal. Can you please tell me where and how you received this deal. I'm looking at getting the 2014 IS350 AWD, which has a slightly lower MSRP than your vehicle. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-11-13, 11:58 PM
jelharrar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nraz
Hi! This is an outstanding deal. Can you please tell me where and how you received this deal. I'm looking at getting the 2014 IS350 AWD, which has a slightly lower MSRP than your vehicle. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Lexus of North Miami, lots of negotiating between two dealers, Lexus of North Miami and JM lexus, but it took a lot of time. If you call ask for Pedro and tell them that Jonathan sent you, from the IS350 F Sport.
Old 10-23-13, 08:35 AM
Daniely30
Driver School Candidate

Looking at these posts and my hair going up. You guys need to consider independent car leasing comp. They dont have huge staff and a large rent. So they can get u a deal u won't believe. I got 2013 gs 350 awd. $486. Only paid taxes first payment and bank fees, so it was aroud 2k. But 613 with 3k down for is? Is insane
Old 10-23-13, 11:57 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy **** I pay $478.89 for 27 months 10k a year on a 350 F sport nav, ml system, VGRS, and BSM These payments are ridiculous
Old 10-23-13, 12:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniely30
Looking at these posts and my hair going up. You guys need to consider independent car leasing comp. They dont have huge staff and a large rent. So they can get u a deal u won't believe. I got 2013 gs 350 awd. $486. Only paid taxes first payment and bank fees, so it was aroud 2k. But 613 with 3k down for is? Is insane
It completely depends. You can't compare just payments, you have to look at what taxes and fees are rolled in, what the purchase price is/was, what the money factor and residual are. After that its just simple math.

I've shopped a few independent companies and for me its never worked out. The only way they can beat LFS' lease is to have a lower money factor and higher residual.

First payment and bank fees being $2k with the payment only being $485? Thats a lot. With LFS the first payment is waived right now and the only fee is the $700 acquisition fee.
Old 10-28-13, 09:47 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2014 IS 350 RWD F SPORT +Navi +Blind Spot

MSRP $47,008

Deal is:
$399.84 per month
27 month lease
12,000 miles per year
$4,450 total out of pocket ($3,600 in MSDS) + $850 which includes first month payment

Obviously I understand all the details are not here but I am just wondering if anyone has any initial thoughts looking at this deal? Also I know that Lexus Financial will allow you to extend a 27month lease to 33month lease using the same monthly payment. Basically it would be silly to opt for anything but a 27 month lease imo. Thanks much for your input!
Old 10-29-13, 06:19 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like a great deal I wish I had done the MSD I got the same exact car for 27mths, 10k w/2k down and pay $478.89
Old 11-28-13, 08:06 AM
Reeladdict
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
2014 IS 350 RWD F SPORT +Navi +Blind Spot

MSRP $47,008

Deal is:
$399.84 per month
27 month lease
12,000 miles per year
$4,450 total out of pocket ($3,600 in MSDS) + $850 which includes first month payment

Obviously I understand all the details are not here but I am just wondering if anyone has any initial thoughts looking at this deal? Also I know that Lexus Financial will allow you to extend a 27month lease to 33month lease using the same monthly payment. Basically it would be silly to opt for anything but a 27 month lease imo. Thanks much for your input!

Can you share what your money factor was and negotiated sales price and residual?

My dealer thinks I'm an idiot and they are trying to play the monthly payment game with me. Here is the deal they are offering (I'm not taking it) mind you the car is a demo and has 4,500 miles on it.

2014 IS350 AWD, F sport, NAV, bunch of other crap I don't care about. MSRP 49,561

Negotiated price: 46,561 <-joke if you ask me
Residual value: 35,683
Money factor: .00110
Monthly payment: $523
Lease term: 27 months

Mind you I pay no sales tax in my state.

I did the math long hand in front of the guy and said something doesn't add up. If you take the total payments and subtract the difference in residual and negotiated price there is $3,544 "missing". Do they think I'm retarded? They tried showing me it's money factor (.0011x2,800) but I said it should be times 2,400 I think they must be trying to get a vig on a higher rate? Something doesn't add up.

Then they tried screwing me on my trade so I said we are just too far away and plus I don't trust a single one of you and walked out.

Quick Reply: Thinking of leasing a 2014 IS350 AWD F-sport