IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-13, 08:27 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Spoke to the dealer today since it was the 20th. Evidently they were able to submit the order into the system so I don't have to wait an extra month.

One thing that is perplexing me is that they insist they are unable to order it with Park Assist and Rear Sunshade. But I saw on here someone else got an F-Sport with rear sunshade, and on the Lexus website it shows both options available on 350 FSport. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is there a corporate Lexus contact that can resolve this discrepancy?
Old 06-20-13, 08:53 PM
XpediencY
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

lol, your reasons for ordering a fresh car is the very reason I placed an order on my ISF back in april. I wanted every single option on it. Still waiting... should arrive next month! I was however able to negotiate the price down a lot even though it was special order.
Old 06-21-13, 03:52 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
Spoke to the dealer today since it was the 20th. Evidently they were able to submit the order into the system so I don't have to wait an extra month.

One thing that is perplexing me is that they insist they are unable to order it with Park Assist and Rear Sunshade. But I saw on here someone else got an F-Sport with rear sunshade, and on the Lexus website it shows both options available on 350 FSport. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is there a corporate Lexus contact that can resolve this discrepancy?
I ordered mine with the rear sunshade and was told that it went through back in May. Park Assist is still a no go even though it states as such on the website. My dealer had tried numerous times to modify and add that to the order.
They also told me that the ordering process is not so easy as the options screens let the option go through then another screen comes up showing the conflicts and there is not much clarity in the information provided to them. Be advised as well that Lexus has a disclaimer that all options may not be available in all regions, even by special order. It states that on the '14 IS brochure back cover.
Old 06-21-13, 06:28 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Here is the back page of the brochure. It is the bottom paragraph.
Attached Files
Old 06-21-13, 08:03 AM
CP20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I also just ordered my 2014 IS350 F-Sport!

Congratulations on your order!
I also placed mine for my 2014 IS350 F-Sport, in Ultra White. This is how my purchase agreement looks:

The F-Sport package with all-weather package
Blind spot monitoring
Rear power shades
Navigation
Mark Levinson system
Park assist
Premium package
Pre-collision with radar cruise

I got my dealer to throw in window tint and a remote start. I paid full MSRP. With the added options the vehicle price came to $53,000 (before tax, title, etc.) Does this sound correct or did I get hustled? I never got a breakdown of prices.
Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 06-21-13, 09:01 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by CP20
I also placed mine for my 2014 IS350 F-Sport, in Ultra White. This is how my purchase agreement looks:

Blind spot monitoring
Rear power shades
Navigation
Mark Levinson system
Park assist
Premium package

I got my dealer to throw in window tint and a remote start. I paid full MSRP. With the added options the vehicle price came to $53,000 (before tax, title, etc.) Does this sound correct or did I get hustled? I never got a breakdown of prices.
Did they actually place the order yet? That sounds high unless you are talking about AWD. And it doesn't sound possible. The Premium package has the ventilated front seats which certainly are NOT available on F-sport.
Old 06-21-13, 09:10 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Congrats on your order.
I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but your dealer is going to place the order and realize that the All Weather Package, Park Assist, and Premium Package are not available for F-Sport models. When he tries to put the order through, he will get the conflict screens on those options. The Luxury Package/Luxury Technology Package are not available either.
Receiving tint and the remote start instead of a small discount is all the same in the end. The pricing will be on your sticker and should be honored at that printed MSRP.
Old 06-21-13, 09:25 AM
heisnuts
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CP20

Blind spot monitoring
Rear power shades
Navigation
Mark Levinson system
Park assist
Premium package

A few things to note:

1) the all-weather package is only available with the AWD model
2) you cannot get the Premium or Luxury package with the F-Sport pkg because you cannot get cooled seats with the F-sport package

Soooo that leaves us with:

IS 350 AWD - $45230
Navi with Mark Lev system - $3225
All-weather package - $360
F-Sport pkg - $3180
Parking Sensors - $500
Radar Cruise - $500
Shades - $210
Delivery - $895

Total $54,700

So if you are talking about an AWD, you are getting a hell of a deal....

But if you talking about a RWD we would have:

IS 350 RWD - 39465
Navi with ML Pkg - 3225
F-sport pkg - 3620
Parking sensors - 500
Radar cruise - 500
Power shades - 210
Delivery - 895

Total $48,415

Last edited by heisnuts; 06-21-13 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-21-13, 10:06 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

But again, Parking sensors and the All weather package are not available on F-Sport, either RWD or AWD
Old 06-21-13, 12:02 PM
heisnuts
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
But again, Parking sensors and the All weather package are not available on F-Sport, either RWD or AWD
You might be right on this, but I am not 100% sure. Maybe one of the dealers can chime in if any of their demos came in with F-sport and the all weather package or parking sensors....
Old 06-21-13, 01:34 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=heisnuts;8001807]You might be right on this, but I am not 100% sure. Maybe one of the dealers can chime in if any of their demos came in with F-sport and the all weather package or parking sensors....[/

I am going on the fact that these options got kicked out of the order process as conflicting with the F- Sport Package with my order. Maybe it is possible in another region. It is not possible in the Eastern Region. My dealer had tried to get these options added along with Lane Departure multiple times. They got kicked out every time. It is unfortunate but not the end of the world.
Old 06-21-13, 05:59 PM
CP20
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 IS350 F-Sport AWD

My mistake, forgot to mention it will be AWD. I think the problem with the dealers (as they halfway admitted to me yesterday) is they aren't even sure what packages can be purchased. And yes, I wanted the cooled seats something fierce but I know you can't get them on the F-Sport package. I was told the only option I cannot get is the Lane Keep Assist.

I listed off word for word exactly what they have on my order sheet. The order has not been put through yet, they said they would let me know. Sounds like I'll need to be in constant contact with them plus check my window sticker thoroughly before I sign and drive.
Old 06-21-13, 06:31 PM
CP20
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the price breakdown. It is AWD. It also sounds like I need to talk to my dealer again.
Old 06-22-13, 06:33 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Just stay in constant contact with them. My dealer, Lexus of Warwick, kept trying to add those options until the window closed for modifying the order as they said that Lexus could change the availability of options without informing anyone. They said that Lexus is actually not so friendly with special orders as they like to build cars a certain way for certain regions unlike BMW, Mercedes, and Audi that pretty much build cars to the way the individual dealer or customer wants them.
Old 06-22-13, 08:57 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Good to know, thank you. I don't see why Lexus would deny the rear sunshade on a 350 Fsport in Arizona. I think/hope in the next few weeks they'll get that sorted out. I can understand the park assist as I requires a different bumper that they might not have for the Fsport.

Quick Reply: Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport