IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 10:56 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Thanks for all your opinions. Always good to see others' perspectives.

I should be happy as I signed last night on an Ultra White/Red but not sure anymore. It reminds me of white appliance spray paint and worse I can't shake off the visions of some of the horrible older stark white GM cars of the nineties and horrible burgundy interiors (Grand AM, Lumina, etc).

I never noticed Atomic Silver before this forum and looks very classy as it reminds me of the LF-CC. Maybe a touch too much "beige" in the color for an F-Sport model?

Another one I didn't seriously consider was Nebula Grey. It looks awesome especially with the red interior highliting the rear lights. I find it even more suited on the IS than on the RX IMO, but my RX is the same color and I'd have two Lexus's the same color? Always had different colors to keep things more interesting. Maybe I shouldn't care??? Sorry folks, I'm usually not this indecisive but appreciate the feedback and find this fun conversation anyway. If I'm indecisive in the next 48 hrs, I'll leave it to fate that Ultra White/red was meant to be.
Attached Thumbnails Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport-uwhite91.jpg   Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport-asilver97.jpg   Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport-ngrey1.jpg   Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport-rx_after_repair2.jpg  
Old 06-04-13, 11:59 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Coraddo, if you plan to leave the car stock, get any color besides white. White is the most boring and cheap looking. White looks great with carbon fiber hoods and gold rims, but other than that, boring boring boring fleet car.

Gray is nice, but it's a pain to modify.
Black is nice but hard to maintain.
Red fades.

Go with blue. You're blessed to live in a country where blue is offered. Don't waste it!!
Old 06-04-13, 03:29 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont you think the ultra white is a little tooo white?? Reminds me of parcel vans. If starfire pearl was available, id tell you to go for it straight away but seriously not a fan of the new white. Looks too commercial in my opinion. Maybe it looks different in real life though.

My heart is resting to the matador red or ultra blue. Youre paying a good deal of money for a car, why not make it individual? Something crazy like ultra blue on red? or Matador red on red?

You dont want to be seeing a car similiar to yours in other peoples driveway right?

Few pictures for a tease

Last edited by rayaans; 06-04-13 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-04-13, 07:32 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Thanks for all your opinions. Always good to see others' perspectives.

I should be happy as I signed last night on an Ultra White/Red but not sure anymore. It reminds me of white appliance spray paint and worse I can't shake off the visions of some of the horrible older stark white GM cars of the nineties and horrible burgundy interiors (Grand AM, Lumina, etc).

I never noticed Atomic Silver before this forum and looks very classy as it reminds me of the LF-CC. Maybe a touch too much "beige" in the color for an F-Sport model?

Another one I didn't seriously consider was Nebula Grey. It looks awesome especially with the red interior highliting the rear lights. I find it even more suited on the IS than on the RX IMO, but my RX is the same color and I'd have two Lexus's the same color? Always had different colors to keep things more interesting. Maybe I shouldn't care??? Sorry folks, I'm usually not this indecisive but appreciate the feedback and find this fun conversation anyway. If I'm indecisive in the next 48 hrs, I'll leave it to fate that Ultra White/red was meant to be.
I'm with you. I think the car looks great in Nebula/red. I wouldn't worry about having two cars the same color. We have a silver G37 vert and a silver GS F-Sport. I ordered Nebula Gray but the dealer screwed up the order, and I liked the silver anyway so I took it. I didn't want two cars the same color, but in the end its fine because the cars are totally different and they have different color interiors.
Old 06-04-13, 08:57 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The USB is a no brainer IMO, especially on an F-sport.

Attachment 499985
Attachment 499986

Video:

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 06-04-13 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-05-13, 04:30 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=rayaans;7974604]Dont you think the ultra white is a little tooo white?? Reminds me of parcel vans. If starfire pearl was available, id tell you to go for it straight away but seriously not a fan of the new white. Looks too commercial in my opinion. Maybe it looks different in real life though.

My heart is resting to the matador red or ultra blue. Youre paying a good deal of money for a car, why not make it individual? Something crazy like ultra blue on red? or Matador red on red?

You dont want to be seeing a car similiar to yours in other peoples driveway right?

That is exactly why I like the new Ultra White. I think it has a balance between sporty day vehicle and night on the town vehicle. I have seen it on an LS F-Sport.
I currently have a Starfire Pearl IS and think it is the most elegant color offered from any the car manufacturers out there but, believe it or not, it looks yellow compared to the Ultra White when put side by side.
I will agree that for a pure sporty look the USB is THE color.
Old 06-05-13, 05:45 AM
jagged
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have on order IS350 F-Sport white nova + dark rose interior
Old 06-05-13, 06:09 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

The problem is there is NOT a single color that is bad on the new IS since the car is a beauty. Each color has its strengths and weaknesses.

I am now absolutely hard set on the Rioja Red interior so my choices get narrowed due to color combo availability in Canada:

Atomic Silver
Ultra White
Nebula Gray
Obsidian

I saw this video on the Obsidian which is growing on me FAST. I love the contrast of the arrow LED front lights and the red rear lights.

Clock's ticking...
Old 06-05-13, 07:00 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black is beautiful, but if you are an enthusiast, who likes to keep your car looking good, it will cause you a heart attac...
Every little swirl, scratch, stone chip and parking dent will be very vissible on black paint.

It is only nice the first day you get it. After that you can polish it once a week and still struggle to keep it mint
Old 06-05-13, 09:52 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The problem is there is NOT a single color that is bad on the new IS since the car is a beauty. Each color has its strengths and weaknesses.

Clock's ticking...
Your problem is not the color. Your problem is that you've chosen to get a 250. Come on. Step up and be a man and get the 350. If you're going to pay $35k for a luxury car, what's a couple thousand more bucks for the much faster model? You toiling on a color decision is almost laughable bc we're talking about a 250 here.
Old 06-05-13, 06:55 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Settled on Obsidian/Red. The black paint will get me to spend more time pampering the car which I'm all for. Don't think the wife will be too happy though

Thanks all for your feedback.
Old 06-07-13, 08:59 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

WHOAAAA!!! Obsidian? Good luck with that! My RX 2ND gen was obsidian, never again! Trust me, youre better off going for stargazer!
Old 06-07-13, 09:31 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

corradoMr2 lets break it down here if you already own a nebula grey colour on a RX then i suggest go for the sonic titaiuim for the IS
Old 06-09-13, 05:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Black will be a pain to maintain I know as I owned a black Civic once upon a time and every small scratch and swirl showed, but never had a black Lexus. When shiny new, it's a stunner and I intend to pamper it as best I can - park far away in parking lots, be extra careful when washing the car to ensure no trapped grains are on the car or in the mitts, avoid dirty roads, avoid driving behind big trucks, etc. Time will tell.
Old 06-10-13, 06:25 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Well atleast go for the stargazer black. It hides swirls much better and also looks nicer.

Quick Reply: Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport