IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

**Thread to give Lexus feedback on 3IS Option Packages**. Closed at OP request

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-13, 05:07 PM
LexFather

Exclamation **Thread to give Lexus feedback on 3IS Option Packages**. Closed at OP request

As posted in the other thread, see below

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I got a call yesterday that Lexus has told dealers about IS packages and the push back to July. Seems dealers are just as drained about the option package changes so I was asked to give them feedback which I did. Thinking i might start a thread or bump the other thread up so they have a central location for our feedback on the option packages we have been concerned about.
We had a thread that got split that I was complaining about the way the F-sport is packaged and it seems we are being heard, especially as dealers seem to not be too happy. I can also share someone here has told me Lexus is aware of feedback and they evaluate it, it just might be slow but they do listen.

So here is a new thread so we can all post our thoughts on their option packages for here.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...4+is+sedan.htm

(link has pricing)

The available Premium Package ($1,050 for RWD models) includes LED headlamps and heated and ventilated front seats.

The Luxury Package ($3,665 for RWD models) includes Premium Package features plus a perforated leather-trimmed interior, linear wood trim, electrochromic exterior mirrors with reverse tilt, rain-sensing wipers, driver seat memory, a power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, center stack knee pads and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

A revamped F SPORT Package ($3,115 for IS 250 RWD and $3,620 for IS 350 RWD) offers a unique full-mesh grille and front bumper, LED headlamps, 18” split 5-spoke wheels, front sport seats, and a more aggressive sport-tuned suspension. Inside, all F SPORT models feature the attention-grabbing center-mounted tachometer with moving bezel adopted directly from the LFA. The IS 350 F SPORT adds standard Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with a Sport S+ drive mode. For the first time, the F SPORT package is also available for IS AWD models.

Optional Equipment
Navigation System $2,085
Navigation System with Mark Levinson $3,225
Backup Monitor $350
Power Rear Sunshade $210
18” Wheel Package with All-season tires $935
18” Wheel Package with Summer tires $935
Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) $400
Intuitive Park Assist $500

*MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $895.

Old 05-18-13, 05:11 PM
LexFather

My feedback.

I am interested in the F-sport package. The price is fine. What I would like to see and it would make it a more compelling purchase for me;

-no real leather option (optional in Japan). I love that they offer red, but is Nuluxe.
-no dynamic rear steer (optional in Japan). We have it on our GS F-sport and I can attest it makes a difference.
-no fog lamps (had in Japan and Europe standard)
-no ventilated seats on the F-sport (can be had with luxury package)
-parking assist/blind spot monitoring (I am not 100% sure but it looks like on the F-sport its not available)

Understand its great Lexus has gone from offering F-sport parts separate you had to get installed to now a full package and they make it look different and again, a red interior is an option. I just feel there is opportunity to make the F-sport a more compelling sale instead of making it seem like people who want sport, don't want those other features.

Old 05-18-13, 05:19 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The fact that you can't get leather even as an option for the F-Sport is a slap in the face Lexus. To add to that, you don't think people want to get ventilated seats with the that leather?

- Power folding side mirrors
- 8-speed auto across the board
- IS300h Stateside ASAP
- Bigger navigation screen (what's with the empty black surround space)
- Cheap plastics need to go away

The way you've done this Lexus, people can buy their cake but they can't eat it. They can look at it longingly at it and because of that you are going to miss out on sales. Porsche and BMW excel at providing the driver with feature content they want tailored to them, not some regional packaging BS just to save a buck. How about doing the right thing and if an option is available on the car, MAKE IT AVAILABLE. I want HUD on my 4GS but I can't get that here on the west coast unless its special order. East coast ones are available? what??

3IS has made some great strides as a major/minor (major chassis change, little to the power train), but the feature content and what's available and what's not has people blue with envy depending on region. We're not robots Lexus. We are emotional human beings who desire to outfit a car tailored to us as individuals.

Please give that a thought less you lose another customer.
Old 05-18-13, 05:24 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The fact that you can't get leather even as an option for the F-Sport is a slap in the face Lexus. To add to that, you don't think people want to get ventilated seats with the that leather?

- Power folding side mirrors
- 8-speed auto across the board
- IS300h Stateside ASAP
- Bigger navigation screen (what's with the empty black surround space)
- Cheap plastics need to go away

The way you've done this Lexus, people can buy their cake but they can't eat it. They can look at it longingly at it and because of that you are going to miss out on sales. Porsche and BMW excel at providing the driver with feature content they want tailored to them, not some regional packaging BS just to save a buck. How about doing the right thing and if an option is available on the car, MAKE IT AVAILABLE. I want HUD on my 4GS but I can't get that here on the west coast unless its special order. East coast ones are available? what??

3IS has made some great strides as a major/minor (major chassis change, little to the power train), but the feature content and what's available and what's not has people blue with envy depending on region. We're not robots Lexus. We are emotional human beings who desire to outfit a car tailored to us as individuals.

Please give that a thought less you lose another customer.
East coast HUD availability?I don't think so,H.
Old 05-18-13, 05:37 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
East coast HUD availability?I don't think so,H.
I've seen a few (granted not many) GS and RX with HUD on inventory manifest lists of our corporate franchise dealer network for our east coast Lexus dealers (two in NC). None ever on the west unless it was special order.
Old 05-18-13, 05:39 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I've seen a few (granted not many) GS and RX with HUD on inventory manifest lists of our corporate franchise dealer network for our east coast Lexus dealers. None ever on the west unless it was special order.
Interesting....
Old 05-18-13, 09:48 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

It sounds to me Lexus thinks of the F-sport model as a package for someone who values looks over anything else. More of a hardcore sport person, who doesn't care about some of the luxury features. If this is their thinking, it kind of makes sense. Those who want luxury get a luxury packaged model. Those who want sport, get the sport model. If people fall in the middle, maybe they are a small group.
Just guesses.
Old 05-19-13, 01:56 AM
tankton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like it. The Lexus IS is already one of the cheaper options in the group. Why not let buyers have it all for a bit more? Limiting options to certain trim levels is what mass market manufactures do, not luxury marques.

For reference, the BMW 3 series can go to about $60,000, and still not have every option (mostly reasonable, too). The Audi S4 does the same. The C class, admittedly, falls a bit short of the mark, as does the Infiniti G37. At this price range, it's not like stripper cars have to be created for rental fleet purchase, so why is there cost cutting to this degree?

All Lexus IS cars for every market are made in the exact same factory, so there isn't any tooling or local supplier excuse, either. This isn't even the cheapest Lexus in the market, nor, I strongly suspect, is it going to be the most comfortable for the price, vs the Lexus ES and it's competitors. So it's definitely aimed at the luxury sport market. So why not have it all? The IS doesn't need to be split between Sport and Luxury.

TL;DR, why couldn't the F-Sport and Luxury packages be combined?

I'm not sure on the bezel on the navi display, I do hope that likely $1000+ upgrade for less functionality than a $150 Garmin (and definitely less than a cellphone) could at least spare a few dollars for a better display. Otherwise, I hope that is merely a pre-production fluke. Somehow, to me, it still seems like Lexus is insulting their buyers (beyond the normal driverside-AWD shaft [but all is fine in RHD Japan...], Toyota branding on many parts (at least the glass is now Lexus branded), and fewer features, even as a paid option, than most other markets).

Last edited by tankton; 05-19-13 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-19-13, 04:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
It sounds to me Lexus thinks of the F-sport model as a package for someone who values looks over anything else. More of a hardcore sport person, who doesn't care about some of the luxury features. If this is their thinking, it kind of makes sense. Those who want luxury get a luxury packaged model. Those who want sport, get the sport model. If people fall in the middle, maybe they are a small group.
Just guesses.
they are simply limiting top end "loaded" price for IS...

as we saw with NX pricing, everyone complained about $50k... so what do they do then? They limit the option, so "loaded" seems cheaper.

if there was no GS450h, then everyone would complain here about stupid Lexus... in reality, they are stupid for offering it in US, it sells 50 per month, while selling 1000 per month worldwide, despite the price (its high everywhere).
Old 05-19-13, 08:30 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Well...it's nice to see Lexus is at least thinking about 3IS option packages in favor of it's customers.

To be honest...near 50K for a luxury brand vehicle and the only option is fake leather? Something is wrong with that and then to take away venilated seats and park distance sensors just seems weird. It's a luxury brand.

However what concerns me more (since I'm not getting a f-sport) is how the southeast region is only given certain options, if you want Navi and ML sorry customer but that's a pre-order 3-4 month wait. That is just crazy to me, there should be at least (1) IS350 with Navi & ML in the south eastern region at least once at every dealer once a month. I'm not saying build 20 for each dealership but heck Lexus load them with options and put at least 1 fully loaded at each dealership in South Florida at least 1 per month.

I remember back in 2007 and having this same problem, there was not one IS350 with Nav and ML in the whole eastern region for months, I was constantly told, you must pre-order 3-4 month wait. Luckly for me, one was coming in on a boat and JM Lexus pulled it for me.

This thread has made me realize I will most likely wait for 2015 for IS350, maybe then I can walk in and find a loaded up 350 and maybe by then the navi screen will be larger (to me the navi screen looks really small considering the bezel is there to make it larger)
Old 05-19-13, 11:00 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that lexus should allow the combination of packages as I would have liked to have ordered the luxury package with the F-Sport package. As far as ordering exactly what you want and waiting, that process is common for the German brands as the combinations are greater. I had to go through that process to get the configuration I wanted with two BMWs. I do not see the big deal of ordering with Lexus. My dealer told me that certain options like Mark Levinson and Dynamic Cruise Control are very rare on an IS and if you want them in a carcwith the colorscthat you want, then it would be advisable to order as the wait may be less than trying to get one in the allocation.
Old 05-19-13, 01:38 PM
palidino
Rookie

Same with canada. Our colour combinations are good. We get USB.

Our FSport packages suck bumhole.

This is what we get in a IS350 RWD top of the line fsport package for RWD. The only features it is missing is ML, front and rear backup sensors.

Larger Diameter Front Ventilated Discs
Mechanical Features : Drive Mode Select with S+ mode
F Sport Front Grille
F Sport Aero Package
Power Moonroof
Instrumentation: Compass in Navigation Display • Voice-activated HDD Navigation System with Remote Touch
Backup Camera
LFA Full TFT instrument cluster
Front Fog Lamps Delete
Rear Seat Side Airbags
VGRS ( Variable Gear Ratio Steering )
Steering Wheel: Heated Steering Wheel • 3-Spoke F Sport Steering Wheel
Heated Front Seats
Fold Down Rear Seat (60/40)
Rear Seat Fold Down Centre Armrest
Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
255/35R18 (Rear)
Performance Summer Radials
P225/40R18 (Front)
Interior Trim: F Sport Shift ****
F Sport Scuff Plates
F Sport Center Wheel Ornament
18" F Sport Wheels
Old 05-19-13, 07:23 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by palidino
Same with canada. Our colour combinations are good. We get USB.

Our FSport packages suck bumhole.

This is what we get in a IS350 RWD top of the line fsport package for RWD. The only features it is missing is ML, front and rear backup sensors.

Larger Diameter Front Ventilated Discs
Mechanical Features : Drive Mode Select with S+ mode
F Sport Front Grille
F Sport Aero Package
Power Moonroof
Instrumentation: Compass in Navigation Display • Voice-activated HDD Navigation System with Remote Touch
Backup Camera
LFA Full TFT instrument cluster
Front Fog Lamps Delete
Rear Seat Side Airbags
VGRS ( Variable Gear Ratio Steering )
Steering Wheel: Heated Steering Wheel • 3-Spoke F Sport Steering Wheel
Heated Front Seats
Fold Down Rear Seat (60/40)
Rear Seat Fold Down Centre Armrest
Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
255/35R18 (Rear)
Performance Summer Radials
P225/40R18 (Front)
Interior Trim: F Sport Shift ****
F Sport Scuff Plates
F Sport Center Wheel Ornament
18" F Sport Wheels
Actually there is a strange restriction about the matador red mica. It is only available in F- Sport IS250/350 RWD/AWD. I am not looking for this color but it will upset for some people interested in that color.

In the above package the technology add-on such as the blind spot monitor (BSM), rear cross traffic alert are all missing for RWD IS250/350.
Old 05-19-13, 08:23 PM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

Color options are important also Ultra Sonic Blue Mica should continue to be offered in the US for the 3IS Fsport
Old 05-19-13, 11:48 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I want 3 things available for the US consumers.

1. USB
2. USB
3. USB

Quick Reply: **Thread to give Lexus feedback on 3IS Option Packages**. Closed at OP request