IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS Real World Photo Thread

Old 06-23-13, 03:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleL
Took a ride by the dealer this AM in hopes of seeing a 3IS and to my surprise they had 2!

One FSport and one Lux. After reading about the car for sometime I have to say seeing it in person without even driving it confirmed my desire to include the 3IS on my short list for replacing my current ride.

I really like what they've done with it inside and out. Nice lines and lots of detail on the outside, and the new interior looks nice and is so different than what I have now it will not feel like I'm driving the same car again. Not sure if I really have 'new car idus' or not yet as my car is only 7+ years old

Some cell phone pics! Here is one with a 4GS in the center flanked by a Lux 3IS parked to the left and a 2IS on the far right.
This is a nice pic as it shows clearly to me two things for the first time side-by-side (and same color!)

1. The evolution of the L-Finesse design and spindle grill for that matter with the GS being the "intermediate" state in this case.

2. The hood crease lines on the 3IS are nearly identical to the 2IS which definitely shows how nicely designed the 2IS was (and still is).
Old 06-23-13, 08:07 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
This is a nice pic as it shows clearly to me two things for the first time side-by-side (and same color!)

1. The evolution of the L-Finesse design and spindle grill for that matter with the GS being the "intermediate" state in this case.

2. The hood crease lines on the 3IS are nearly identical to the 2IS which definitely shows how nicely designed the 2IS was (and still is).
Agreed. History repeats for GS. GS has always been the first car of their new design trend.

The design of 2IS, inside out, ages nicely and it is amazing when you consider 2IS appeared close to 8 years ago.
Old 06-23-13, 08:20 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

they couldnt spring for new balloons?
Old 06-23-13, 09:17 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Took a ride by the dealer this AM in hopes of seeing a 3IS and to my surprise they had 2!

One FSport and one Lux. After reading about the car for sometime I have to say seeing it in person without even driving it confirmed my desire to include the 3IS on my short list for replacing my current ride.

I really like what they've done with it inside and out. Nice lines and lots of detail on the outside, and the new interior looks nice and is so different than what I have now it will not feel like I'm driving the same car again. Not sure if I really have 'new car idus' or not yet as my car is only 7+ years old

Some cell phone pics! Here is one with a 4GS in the center flanked by a Lux 3IS parked to the left and a 2IS on the far right.

The 3IS looks almost wider than the 4GS.
Old 06-23-13, 11:13 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the new, 2014 Lexus IS 350 F-Sport in Ultra White at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, Texas.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Lexus IS Real World Photo Thread-img_3580.jpg  
Old 06-24-13, 02:23 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IanP
No idea why EU cars wouldn't have it. My last car did (a UK Volvo), and the new Lexus IS does have DAB as standard even at entry level.

Are we sure no EU cars have it? Could it depend on whether or not they have the sat-nav system?
None of the norwegian cars have the antenna.
The car I test drove was equipped with navi and did not have this antenna.
All Norwegian cars are equipped with DAB radio. As far as i know the sattelite radio is not avalible in the EU.

However I have read that we get an option with an internett hub, and that the car will be able to recieve internett radio when this hub becomes avalible.
This is not confirmed by lexus yet.
Old 06-24-13, 03:38 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
None of the norwegian cars have the antenna.
The car I test drove was equipped with navi and did not have this antenna.
All Norwegian cars are equipped with DAB radio. As far as i know the sattelite radio is not avalible in the EU.

However I have read that we get an option with an internett hub, and that the car will be able to recieve internett radio when this hub becomes avalible.
This is not confirmed by lexus yet.
its only for satellite radio in USA.... I like how it looks, unfortunately for our European cars, they integrate everything into the windows :-)
Old 06-24-13, 06:50 AM
LexFather

Great pics, that was a real nice comparison....
Old 06-24-13, 10:56 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Jeez, the Front License plate on the F-Sports just kills the design.. I gotta make sure my Dealer does not put them on. I'll deal with tickets lol
Old 06-24-13, 12:25 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I already did the same thing. I had told t hem that if the front license plate bracket was installed, the deal was off. I did not have one installed on my 2IS for the same reason. It kills the look of the front end.
Old 06-24-13, 12:30 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

Thanks! Nice observations on your part

Originally Posted by AndyL
Agreed. History repeats for GS. GS has always been the first car of their new design trend.

The design of 2IS, inside out, ages nicely and it is amazing when you consider 2IS appeared close to 8 years ago.
This. My car will be 8 in December and my totally biased opinion is this car has aged very gracefully.

Originally Posted by RXSF
they couldnt spring for new balloons?
LOL or at least took em down at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by natnut
The 3IS looks almost wider than the 4GS.
It does look that way in the picture. It might be because of the lines of the car? or that the IS hood is lower? or maybe it's an optical illusion from my cell phone? not sure

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Great pics, that was a real nice comparison....
Thank you sir.
Old 06-24-13, 02:11 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks! Nice observations on your part

This. My car will be 8 in December and my totally biased opinion is this car has aged very gracefully.

LOL or at least took em down at the end of the day.

It does look that way in the picture. It might be because of the lines of the car? or that the IS hood is lower? or maybe it's an optical illusion from my cell phone? not sure

Thank you sir.

Mine, too, will be in 8 this November. This kind of patience should be appreciated by Lexus somehow...
Old 06-24-13, 05:48 PM
euro.r
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Girlfriend just picked up an Atomic Silver IS250.

Old 06-24-13, 05:55 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrat's to her. That Atomic Silver looks sharp
Old 06-24-13, 06:07 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

How are you guys getting these cars before July 1st? This is killing me lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS Real World Photo Thread