IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS 300h not for the US (discussion thread)

Old 01-16-13, 03:12 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Vladi
LED projectors follow the cutout of the headlight after quick PS Have some spare time here...
Let me save you some work.... LoL

~ Joe Z
Old 01-16-13, 07:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
LED projectors follow the cutout of the headlight after quick PS Have some spare time here...
whatever you did, is invisible.
Old 01-16-13, 11:41 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

I think just about everyone inside and outside this forum will agree the hybrid should be sold here. Hybrids and electrics are the future for nearly all manufacturers in the U.S. With such a unanimous calling, it's certainly obvious Lexus is not disclosing the real reason. I rather have them be honest with us than feed us bullcrap lines like we aren't worth the truth.
Bring the hybrid here and I'd overlook the gaping mawl, cheap black plastic rear bumper, missing tailpipes, and line up for one as my next car.
Old 01-18-13, 12:58 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I doubt Lexus would release the IS300h in US since it doesn't make sense for them to do so, unless they're going to get rid of the IS250. If they go full hybrid in the future, I could see them doing IS300h and IS400h in the US and completely remove IS250/350.
Old 01-18-13, 01:04 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb Lexus Europe ~ Press Information

Lexus Europe ~ Press Information
Jan 15, 2013

LEXUS REVEALS THE ALL-NEW IS RANGE
• Completely redesigned model, inside and out, engineered to offer an engaging, entertaining driving experience
• IS range expanded with all-new IS300h featuring highly efficient Lexus Hybrid Drive powertrain
• Best-in-class rear seat space and enhanced luggage capacity
• F SPORT model range combining exclusive exterior and interior design with genuine dynamic enhancements
• All-new exterior and interior design, featuring Lexus spindle grille and LFA-inspired, driver-focused cockpit

Brussels, Belgium -

Lexus today unveiled the all-new IS model range to be launched in Europe by mid-2013, including the IS 300h – the first IS to feature Lexus Hybrid Drive – and the rear-wheel drive IS 250, as well as a further evolution of the F SPORT package, available for both models.

Driving performance is considered the single most important element of sport sedan ownership by D-premium segment customers. In conjunction with a dramatic new design featuring the Lexus spindle grille, the new IS has been engineered to provide outstanding dynamic capabilities and driving experience.

‘We adopted an entirely different approach to the development of the new IS’ said Junichi Furuyama, IS Chief Engineer. ‘Rather than developing each individual aspect in the hope that they will combine to offer an engaging driving experience, we first established the pleasurable driving experience owners desire as our major premise, and then we developed the individual performance elements to support it.’

‘Every aspect of the new IS has been engineered with a renewed focus on the sporting performance, agile handling, accurate response to driver input and highly communicative feedback.’

Incorporating no less than 12 Lexus first features and technical innovations, the new IS also showcases an all-new interior that combines all the refinement and quality expected of any Lexus, with a more sporting, focused driver’s environment, a significant improvement in rear seat space for best-in-class roominess, and a larger, more convenient luggage compartment.

EXTERIOR DESIGN
Following the new generation GS, ES and LS models, the all-new IS features the bold Lexus spindle grille frontal design, awarding the compact sedan a combination of aggressive elegance, a more powerful road presence and a stronger brand identity.

In profile, the mass of the cabin is concentrated rearwards and a rising line flowing from the lower body into the rear lamp clusters adds further elegance and dynamism.

The exterior design incorporates a new, powerfully articulated headlamp cluster design with Lexus trademark and L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL) located independently below.

INTERIOR DESIGN
Featuring a clean and elegant design theme, the cabin provides a driver-focused, ergonomically ideal environment.

The newly designed driver’s seat offers greater comfort and better lateral support. Both the seat hip point and the angle of the new, LFA-inspired steering wheel have been lowered and steering reach adjustment increased, creating a more sporting driving position.

Cabin material, trim and finish refinement is complimented by the latest advances in HMI technology and a high quality analogue clock with surface-emitting illumination. The centre console incorporates Lexus first, electrostatic switches to control the air conditioning temperature with the touch of a finger.

The new IS has a wheelbase 70 mm longer than its predecessor and is 10 mm wider, providing best in class rear seat comfort and luggage capacity. The combination of extended wheelbase and a thinner front seat design generates an 85 mm increase in knee room for the new, 60:40 split/folding seats, and improved accessibility.

The new IS 300h also provides excellent trunk capacity, thanks to the installation of the battery beneath the luggage deck board.

DRIVING DYNAMICS
Segment-leading driving enjoyment is at the heart of the new IS development programme, and every aspect of the new Lexus sedan’s driving dynamics has been painstakingly engineered to that end.

New, laser screw welding and adhesive body bonding techniques, along with additional spot welding, have increased overall body rigidity.

The double wishbone front suspension system has been revised, offering a 20% increase in roll rigidity. To the rear, a new multi-link suspension system similar to that of the latest generation GS has been adopted.

The structure and rigidity of the steering gear box has been revised to create a lighter, smoother, more accurate steering feel.

A new Drive Mode Select system features up to four switchable driving modes- ECO, NORMAL, SPORT/SPORT S and SPORT S+ (the latter available on vehicles equipped with AVS), to optimise the driver’s preferred combination of economy, comfort, performance and handling characteristics.

F SPORT
IS F SPORT models not only benefit from exclusive, more sporting and aggressive exterior and interior design features, but also genuine dynamic enhancements in the form of exclusively tuned front and rear suspension systems.

Externally, F SPORT models are instantly recognised by an exclusive front bumper and spindle grille design with a more prominent chrome trim and an exclusive mesh pattern.

On board, F SPORT models inherit the innovative driver’s meter with moving centre ring from the LFA.

An exclusive seat design uses an ‘integrated foaming’ construction method to combine excellent comfort with outstanding lateral holding performance.

Both the front and rear suspension systems and the Electric Power Steering (EPS) are exclusively tuned for the F SPORT package, enhancing IS handling performance without detriment to ride quality. An Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system is also an option exclusive to F SPORT models.

POWERTRAINS
The new IS 250 will be available in Europe with the rear-wheel drive version of the 2.5 litre V6 petrol engine.

The all-new IS 300h’s full hybrid rear-wheel drive system combines a powerful electric motor with a newly developed, 2.5 litre, four-cylinder Atkinson cycle petrol engine featuring a new D-4S fuel injection system, Dual VVT-i and a high-efficiency Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system. With a total system output of 220 DIN hp, this system targets class-leading CO2 emissions of below 100 g/km, and average fuel consumption of less than 4.3 l/100 km.

ADVANCED SAFETY
A newly developed pop-up hood design creates space to absorb pedestrian impact force, allowing for the lowest possible vehicle front profile whilst optimising pedestrian impact protection.

Furthermore, several, advanced new active safety features are fitted on the new IS, including Automatic High Beam, Lane Departure Alert, Blind Spot Monitor and Rea Cross Traffic Alert.

SPECIFICATIONS (*)

More head light details....

Grill Details..!!

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-18-13 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-18-13, 02:09 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hybrid is sweeeeeeet. Lexus, we're worried about gas mileage too here in the States, just bring it over here.
Old 01-18-13, 02:50 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I doubt Lexus would release the IS300h in US since it doesn't make sense for them to do so, unless they're going to get rid of the IS250. If they go full hybrid in the future, I could see them doing IS300h and IS400h in the US and completely remove IS250/350.
Europe will get both IS250 and IS300h.

So it is possible for a market to get both.The IS250 is probably a stopgap model which will be replaced in 1-2 years, maybe 6 months even.
Old 01-18-13, 03:36 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GS450h comes with F-Sport package in where I live, I think we don't have the GS450h non F-Sport.
Old 01-18-13, 04:06 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

I was thinking if the Rear Valence was MORE "color matched"... The whole rear end would flow alot better..!!!!

On Both Hybrid & Regular bumpers..!!

~ Joe Z

Edit:
Nice work Rash!!! Exactly what I invisioned

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-18-13 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-18-13, 04:44 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go:

Original:
Attached Thumbnails IS 300h not for the US (discussion thread)-2014-lexus-is300h-photo-497895-s-787x481.jpg  
Old 01-18-13, 05:33 PM
QuentinB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Lexus Europe happily announced that the MY14 IS300 h will also be available in F-Sport Package..

+ Bonus LED Fog Lights..

F-Sport IS300 h with LED Fogs (Euro/JDM Spec)

2014 IS300 h w/ F-Sport Package

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_AazE6m50

F SPORT | DYNAMIC RESPONSE
  • Sport S+ mode on the IS 300h F SPORT retunes adaptive variable suspension and power steering for a more dynamic drive.
    Unmistakably bold, the IS 300h and IS 250 F SPORT models feature exclusive 18-inch alloys, F SPORT grille and LED fog lights.
    Inside, you’re greeted by amazing LFA-style instruments.

FULL HYBRID | THE POWER OF h
  • The new IS 300h delivers 220 din hp of full hybrid power, yet is targeted to emit less than 100 g/km of CO2. Powered by third-generation Lexus Hybrid Drive, the IS 300h intelligently combines an advanced 2.5-litre direct-injection petrol engine with a high-output electric motor, while innovative Active Sound Control delivers a sophisticated engine note.

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Oh my, that is intriguing. When I bought my Prius v, I was considering a Camry Hybrid because of that excellent AR hybrid powertrain, but the XLE trim was a little too stodgy for me. Had they made a Camry SE hybrid, I'd have been much more likely to give up the awesome cargo space of my Prius v for the nicer engine and chassis of the Camry. It drives me crazy that you have to choose hybrid or sporty in the US. If Lexus saw fit to bring the IS300h F sport to the US, that would definitely be the replacement for my v. The teased IS sportcross as a hybrid and F-sport would probably be the perfect car for me right now.
Old 01-18-13, 05:46 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
Europe will get both IS250 and IS300h.

So it is possible for a market to get both.The IS250 is probably a stopgap model which will be replaced in 1-2 years, maybe 6 months even.
what are they replacing IS250 with?

It is possible to get both because IS300h is going to be $5k more expensive than IS250. So on those markets that dont have CO2 based taxes, you will have both.
Old 01-18-13, 11:13 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

bad decision by Lexus. The 300h would have been the only model i would have considered trading in my 250 for.

Now i wait for the NX...
Old 01-19-13, 08:14 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I doubt Lexus would go full hybrid with the IS line. Lexus could follow the pattern of the ES line (IS 300h/IS 350) or follow the GS line (IS 350/IS 450h).

Either way Lexus should definitely bring the IS 300h to the United States. The U.S and China are the two largest market in the world. I guess Lexus doesn't want to capitalize their hybrid technology within the IS line.

Take a look at the Cadillac ATS which has 16 trims and three different engine choices. Lexus needs to compete by expanding the IS line with the IS 250/350 sedan/convertible, rwd/awd, F Sport/non F Sport and IS 300h, F Sport/non F Sport and don't forget the IS F. As of current there is no ATS-V. C'mon Lexus bring the IS 300h and an IS coupe to the U.S.! What do you got to lose?

Last edited by Trexus; 01-19-13 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-19-13, 10:24 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without a doubt they should bring the IS300h over here. I was really looking forward to the IS hybrid. Dumb decision.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IS 300h not for the US (discussion thread)