IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-17, 05:19 AM
Oz3IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Cosmis R1 Specs?

Originally Posted by H34knguyen
My name is Kenny, I work for Lexus in Mesa, AZ.

I drive a 2015 Ultra White IS250 F-Sport with Rioja Red interior. I replaced my seats for Braum Racing's Elite Series in Maroon and they matched my interior perfectly. I have Cosmis Racing R1's in Hyper Bronze, lowered on Tein Street Advance Z coilovers and I also have an F Sport air intake.
Hey man, what's your wheel specs including tires for your Cosmis R1 set? Looks rad.

Please let me know.

Ivan
Old 11-02-17, 04:30 PM
SunnyHMoon
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally upgraded from my 11 IS 250 to the 17 IS 350. Both AWD options as I live in a snowy place.

It has been amazing so far in every way. I've always liked white cars but the atomic silver paint job might be the new favourite. I love how it changes in different lighting and the red interior just pops.

Old 11-03-17, 07:47 AM
grobies
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone, new to the forums. Returned my leased 14 ILX and bought a 16 IS350 F-Sport with low mileage, and the Rioja Red interior I always wanted. Glad to be here!

Old 11-03-17, 06:24 PM
brando1692
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello from cali!

Hey everyone just bought a 2015 IS250 F sport and love it so far traded in my AP2 S2000 and the difference is night and day. love the suspension and love all the gadgets.
planning on wrapping, full bolt ons and lip kit before the year ends. located in San Diego if you guys are trying to sell any of the previous noted items let me know if you're local!!
Also really digging the community so far, everyones helpful and doesn't bash (as much) as the S2K scene haha cheers!!
Old 11-04-17, 02:37 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi All,

Greetings from Singapore! I just bought a new 2017 IS200T a couple of weeks ago. This is a non F-Sport and is known as the "executive" here. Singapore being the most expensive place ever to own a car, the dealers have to keep the actual value low so that the taxes it attracts is minimal and the price low. Hence, the equipment levels are trimmed down. Definitely no BSM, lane departure and all the electronic aids. No moonroof. They do throw in the flat key card though (i hear that's an option in other markets?). F-Sport adds another SGD20,000.00 (approx USD14,600) over here so you can see why I gave it a miss.

I've been watching this forum for weeks before i got my car and I am impressed with the level of knowledge, enthusiasm and energy in the 3IS sub-forum. I hope to learn plenty from everyone here.

Initial impressions are that this is very very refined. The most refined car I have owned. Poised and lovely ride and handling (though steering is on the light side). Best damn seats I have ever had in a car!

Things I don;t like so much: Inconsistent throttle response (sometimes sensitive, sometimes sluggish), slow on the take off, irritating auto engine stop system, archaic looking GPS, could do with stuff like auto wing mirror fold-in, wing mirror tilt on reverse, memory seats (my wife and I wife drive probably 50/50).

I have been a little bit of a tinkerer with cars, coming from vehicles like a Toyota MR2 (1st gen), Opel Astra (F) GSi 2.0 16v and a Nissan Silvia S15 (200SX in some markets) before having my ***** cut off and getting a Peugeot RCZ after I got married (kidding on Orchiectomy!). So in particular interest was the various Stage 1 tunes that I am reading about here (esp TTI's). I wonder if it helps the low end and acceleration from standstill... Maybe I'll ask at the correct sub-thread...

Anyway, thanks for having me here. I'll post pics of my bone stock baby soon!
Old 11-04-17, 09:33 AM
jarialynn
Driver School Candidate

Eeek! Hello all! Paperwork is started on my 2015 IS350f. Black exterior, red interior.
Previous ride was an 08 350z touring. She's gone to a new home that will love her dearly. It was time for an upgrade but they definitely share the same cozy, zippy vibe I love in a car.
I will be picking up the new IS on Monday or Tuesday, depending on which day my boss can survive without me.
Old 11-04-17, 03:44 PM
CurntlyPsd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New member here... 32 years old, 1 girl, 1 on the way (hence the new car). Previous car was a 2016 Focus ST with tune, plugs, exhaust and intake. Before that I had a Fiesta ST, Cobalt SS/TC (with all the goodies), LS2 GTO, LS1 GTO, a few various F-Bodies, and some others around there. Not really new to the luxury sedan, also had a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0 quattro. Looking forward to some fun in this thing.

Professional background. I work at your favorite place.. Stealership. I've worked for Nissan, Ford, and currently Service Manager for a Kia store. Was hoping to hold out for a Stinger GT, but I got a pretty good deal on the IS350 that I couldn't pass up.

Few snips of older rides.

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-axxbtqk.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-8jkcbcm.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-t8ffy6g.jpg

Old 11-05-17, 10:14 PM
timcole421
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys!

I took LOTS of risks to join this club.....but tonight I became part of the club. I started wanting an IS early in the second gen....but never got one for practicality reasons. I travel 40-50k miles a year for work (out of pocket), so long term reliability and fuel efficiency were the primary factors. Honda's.....two civics that I put nearly a combined 400k on (the first car was over 300k miles). That's a lot of miles in an econobox. The most recent was a 2016 civic ex-turbo with sensing.....that I absolutely, positively hated. I took it to carmax on a whim and decided to take their offer to make it disappear. I drove my 08 ranger I bought from my dad's estate the past month (for work travel as well). No cruise, crank windows and the worst handling ever.

I was to wait until spring to finally buy the car I wanted....but found exactly what I wanted down to a T. Here's the huge risk...buying completely sight unseen, other than ad photos. Overnighted the down payment and paperwork.....found a shipper on u-ship and 3 days later.....which was tonight, it came. Now not only was this sight unseen, I'd never even sat in one before. Big risks. Stupid risks.

How did it work out? This car is immaculate. It looks, feels and smells like absolutely new. How do I like the drive? WOW. Best steering I have felt in a car. Very comfortable, but a little rough getting out of. Drives smooth and amazingly quiet. For having the firmer f-sport suspension, I was quite pleased with the ride. The ultra white is far more amazing in person than in photos. The brake dust.....wow. (already ordered the popular replacements). My only disappointment is, I was assuming and hoping that the black wheels were plasti-dip since I much prefer the factory finish.....but they appear to be powder coated.

I so love this car. I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 11-06-17, 10:09 PM
IS200TF
Driver School Candidate

Hi Club Lexus,

I picked up this brand new beauty six months ago. It was the only 2016 IS200t F Sport on the dealership and got a great deal on it. It seems nobody liked the red color but I love how it stands out. I'm not planning to install any major modifications but I will consider adding fog lights and possibly change out the front brake pads. I did managed to add a 10" Alpine subwoofer and amplifier after following the helpful guides here.

Glad to be part of the club!

Old 11-07-17, 04:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats everyone and welcome to CL!
The following users liked this post:
grobies (11-08-17)
Old 11-21-17, 01:58 PM
Shmiv84
Driver School Candidate

Hey all,

My 2016 Is200t! Just added the boot and AEM CAI!!! I love this car!

Old 11-23-17, 12:31 AM
Tamy913
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shmiv84
Hey all,

My 2016 Is200t! Just added the boot and AEM CAI!!! I love this car!

How are you liking the AEM intake?is the turbo spool loud? I'm tempted to get one as I like the look of it. I plan to keep the stock air box though.

Last edited by Tamy913; 11-23-17 at 05:22 AM.
Old 11-26-17, 12:46 PM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 115 Posts

Hi Guys,

New here from Boston! Just bought my 2015 IS350 F Sport and couldn't be happier. I bought this a few months ago now.. I love it! Looking to buy the F Sport Axel Back soon!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_3949.jpg  
Old 11-26-17, 03:05 PM
cguti084
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

Hello All! I am a new Lexus IS owner, it's my first Lexus and I am very Happy.

I recently leased a 17 IS200t F Sport in silver w/red interior. I have been reading and absorbing as much info as possible, this club is awesome and I have to say thank you so much to all of you that take the time and effort to post your experiences and findings.

Today I took advantage of the sale Tony had at TTI and ordered the Stage 1 tune and have a K&N on the way too. Since my car is a lease I will most likely keep it at that but it should be plenty for me since I'm stuck in South FL traffic 90% of the time!

Thank you all !!
Old 11-27-17, 10:54 AM
fflores
Driver School Candidate

HI there, i'm new to the site, just picked up my car 2 weeks ago, I am coming from a 2005 Acura TL but I have owned many cars. 2004 SRT4, 2006 SRT6, 2006 GTO 5.0, 2007 G35 Coupe, 2010 BMW 3.0 IS

I bought...
- 2014 IS350 RWD with the F-Sport trim
- Nebular grey with the red interior
- I'm not 100% sure what the standard options are on the car with the F-Sport vs other trim levels but it did come with the Mark Levinson sound system.

I'm from the Aurora/Naperville area which is west of Chicago.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_6776.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_6771.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!