IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-13, 07:11 AM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhs82
Seems like you should get one for your self too.
Hehe. Well, I'm more of a "bigger" car guy. If I were to get myself a Lexus, it would most likely be a GS.
Old 09-05-13, 12:43 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoenixOne
Hehe. Well, I'm more of a "bigger" car guy. If I were to get myself a Lexus, it would most likely be a GS.
Well, the 450h is realy nice. Go get it!
Old 09-07-13, 08:47 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default soon to be new owner here

well about a month ago i ordered my 2014 IS 350 RWD fully optioned F sport im getting Obsidian and rojo interior.

I used to have a 2007 IS350 RWD and sold it in 2009 (don't know what happened to my old user name here so i had to create a new one.)
I sold my IS-350 in 2009 to buy a 2008 Corvette Z06, I sold that to buy a brand new 2012 Centennial edition corvette Z06.
I just bought a new 2013 Lexus GS 350 AWD F Sport Obsidian with Rojo interior for the wife. She used to have a 2008 GS AWD that after the lease was up we traded for a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD decided after a year into that lease i really didn't like the Acura anymore so as soon as it was feasible to get out from under it we leased the 2013 GS.

before the Vette we had the 2 Lexus vehicles and now that I've got rid of the Vette we will be back to a 2 Lexus vehicle family once again.

I have to say I really enjoyed the corvette Z06 awesome car. and ill miss it. but the truth is it just is not practical for my 3 mile daily commute and after paying nearly 1,000 a month for the past 4.5 years I decided out of all the cars ive enjoyed the most I keep coming back to Lexus!

The only thing I didn't miss is being a member of this forum while it is a great place to learn information about the cars, in this price category there seems to be a lot more younger people who have enough money to rice out their cars with all kinds of stupid modifications that make the cars look absolutely hideous!
whereas the corvette community tends to consist of a more mature crowd and usually a lot more money that once you own a $90,000 car you tend to appreciate what it is and keep it stock for the most part (though some of the corvette guys seem to have a liking to chrome parts)
also the corvette (especially the Z06) doesn't need to look fast because it already is and with the power on tap will pretty much walk any of the imports unless they have a ton of mods! (even then it's usually never a close race)

but I came to the realization that the things I enjoy about a car that fits my needs is one of comfort, quiet and low maintenance. The corvette is none of those things! I can honestly say that owning one was one of my bucket list items as is learning to fly airplanes which i received my private pilot's license just a few months ago!

i just turned 43 last week and ready to take a step back and lease another Lexus and see what happens in 3 years.
who knows, I may end up with an IS F of they offer a new one. or I may go back and buy a used corvette, I think if i can get the new stingray used and for a low enough price it may be worth it again for me...

anyway that's my story, thanks for reading!
Old 09-08-13, 03:41 PM
SGIS14
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We purchased a his and hers. Hers is a 2014 IS pearl white with black interior and back up camera. Mine a 2014 IS - F sport black with the rejo red interior. So we have changed all the lights to led's and lowered this past week. Loving the new drop. Thanks to RastaRacer on the springs.

before
[IMG][/IMG]

after
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-08-13, 04:18 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

i think they look a lot better at the factory ride height.
Old 09-09-13, 02:33 AM
kilowong
Driver School Candidate

Smile IS350 F sport in hong kong

]hi i am eric, i just got my car in ultra blue with grey interior. i am from hong kong. hello everyone!

i have 19 inch rays 57 extreme installed with pss tires.

Last edited by kilowong; 09-09-13 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-09-13, 07:10 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Really nice wheels!
Old 09-09-13, 09:29 AM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
The only thing I didn't miss is being a member of this forum while it is a great place to learn information about the cars, in this price category there seems to be a lot more younger people who have enough money to rice out their cars with all kinds of stupid modifications that make the cars look absolutely hideous!
In my opinion, i also see a ton of rich older crowd that has zero taste in modding vehicles. With that said, age has nothing to do with "ricing out" their cars. money cant buy taste. LOL.
Old 09-09-13, 03:34 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bayarea3is
In my opinion, i also see a ton of rich older crowd that has zero taste in modding vehicles. With that said, age has nothing to do with "ricing out" their cars. money cant buy taste. LOL.
agreed, and I think that crowd are the ones that grew up with a lot of chrome on your cars era. but performance modes these days mostly consist of insanely low dropped vehicles that supposedly look "cool" the only logical reason they come up worth is that it helps with cornering which couldn't be farther from the truth! the fact is that it's a trend, just like baggy pants that are worn like a low cut skirt with your boxers showing. the only reason people do stupid stuff like that is to impress everyone.
the point is the majority of the other drivers just think it's just another kid with too much money and a self conscience problem who suffers from SPS and needs to try to get attention.
Old 09-09-13, 06:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by JBJ
Hello all! I'm excited to join the group

Picked up my new 14' IS250 RWD two weeks ago

Ultra White, Custom paint on roof, front bumper, grill, rear, aftermarket matte black 19" wheels, Black interior with NAV and BSM.

I'm still working on the paint scheme for the rear end. Looking at adding new TRD spoiler when available painted the same color as the roof and the new TRD rear bumper painted the same color to round out the look.

Plan on replacing the springs to enhance the stance and any other tweaks or mods that I can come up with.

Thoughts?!? I'm excited to join the community and look forward to learning more.

JBJ
Might be a little too much for me, but I give you props for being gutsy and unique. Definitely stands out. My wife saw it and loves the blacked out "mascara eyes". Btw, congrats on your new IS!

For the rear, an idea... to compliment the front, blacken out the inside of the L emblem to match the front one.
Old 09-09-13, 06:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by kilowong
]hi i am eric, i just got my car in ultra blue with grey interior. i am from hong kong. hello everyone!

i have 19 inch rays 57 extreme installed with pss tires.
Very nice, very nice.... Congratulations! I have a soft spot for USB color!
Old 09-09-13, 07:59 PM
mattding
Driver School Candidate

Picked up the 2014 IS 350 with Nav/BSM for the wife a couple weeks back. Got the atomic silver color, tinted the windows and smoked out the tail lights. It's basically my car on the weekends now.

Now I Need to find out how to hack the Nav, change out the fog lights to LEDs, and add a sub...
Old 09-09-13, 08:05 PM
mattding
Driver School Candidate

Here's some shots of the smoked out lights - looks great with the atomic silver.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image-3456311842.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image-1054869577.jpg  
Old 09-09-13, 09:03 PM
ALBA24
Driver School Candidate

hey everyone,
I'm an owner to the new 2014 IS 250. Great car; enjoy the new look especially the new headlights its an awesome feature on the car but the best would have to be the horsepower you can really feel the it once you step on it.
Old 09-10-13, 06:11 AM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey all, new member who just picked up a new 2014 IS 350 F Sport AWD last night. Ultra white on black. Loving it so far!

Nav with high res display, Lexus Enform with destination assist and app suite, bluetooth package and backup camera.

Quick question - the driver's side blind spot monitor indicator on my mirror stays on constantly. What could that be?

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-pkf24xk.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-02c6us3.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-iuckuhh.jpg

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!