IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-13, 08:10 AM
BayArea420
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SimTide985
I'm curious--why did you settle on the Lexus IS250 though? The $35k price range of cars is extremely competitive. Are you a returning Lexus driver?
No i'm not, i just liked how the new IS looks compared to the other cars within that price range, and i'm fine with not having the biggest or fastest engine. And hey, who doesn't like reliability?
Old 08-17-13, 09:04 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by enoren
I'm still relatively new here, but there seems to be a lot of 350 snobbery. Why is it necessary to criticize those who decide to purchase the 250 IS? Not everyone needs the most power in an engine, and the 250 is plenty for the average Lexus owner.

I have no trouble accelerating and passing other cars, particularly in Sport mode. No one should walk away thinking the 250 is a weak engine. No, it's not the 350, but it's also not a V8. There's always a bigger engine.

We all make trade-offs in life, and for some of us the 250 is more than enough at the right price. Sure, I'd love to have the biggest/fastest engine, but the 250 more than meets my needs. The extra $80/month just didn't seem worth it.

If we're going to be judgmental, let's all focus on blue BMW owners and layoff other Lexus owners. To each his own.

Here here, I completely agree with you. I love my 250 and believe me I put the pedal to the metal. I have no trouble passing other cars and I am extremely happy with the 24mpg I have been getting on my new I3ISfsport. I've said it before the new 3IS seems to have a zippier transmission than prior 2IS.

I drive the canyons here in Los Angeles to get from one side of town to the other and I have no trouble flying through the canyons like a black flash of lightening.

As 3IS250 FSport owners we are part of the IS and Lexus family so show us some love.
Old 08-17-13, 09:07 AM
BayArea420
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Here here, I completely agree with you. I love my 250 and believe me I put the pedal to the metal. I have no trouble passing other cars and I am extremely happy with the 24mpg I have been getting on my new I3ISfsport. I've said it before the new 3IS seems to have a zippier transmission than prior 2IS.

I drive the canyons here in Los Angeles to get from one side of town to the other and I have no trouble flying through the canyons like a black flash of lightening.

As 3IS250 FSport owners we are part of the IS and Lexus family so show us some love.
Old 08-17-13, 09:24 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BayArea420
Thanks Bay Area and Congrats your new ride!!
Old 08-17-13, 09:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Folks this is a roll call/ welcome thread. I'll ask you please start a 250 or 350 discussion thread if you'd like to have a discussion about buying decision criteria. Alternatively you can search up over 100 of them in the 2is forum with nearly exactly the same topic .

Lets keep this thread to welcome new owners please. Thanks.
Folks please let's keep this thread for its intended purpose.... if you have questions about this request, please PM me.
Old 08-17-13, 01:21 PM
SimTide985
Driver

Originally Posted by enoren
I'm still relatively new here, but there seems to be a lot of 350 snobbery. Why is it necessary to criticize those who decide to purchase the 250 IS? Not everyone needs the most power in an engine, and the 250 is plenty for the average Lexus owner.

I have no trouble accelerating and passing other cars, particularly in Sport mode. No one should walk away thinking the 250 is a weak engine. No, it's not the 350, but it's also not a V8. There's always a bigger engine.

We all make trade-offs in life, and for some of us the 250 is more than enough at the right price. Sure, I'd love to have the biggest/fastest engine, but the 250 more than meets my needs. The extra $80/month just didn't seem worth it.

If we're going to be judgmental, let's all focus on blue BMW owners and layoff other Lexus owners. To each his own.
I'll just say this and we'll leave this alone--

I'm sorry if I came off sounding like I was criticizing or judging IS250 buyers. That's not my intention AT ALL. I was trying to honestly pry into the heads of those that decided to buy the IS250 over the competition with an open mind.

As you can tell, I'm relatively new here and I've never owned a Lexus before. I'm just trying to understand the perspective and the mindset of those that prefer the IS250 over the IS350 or any other car in that price range. No real snobbery or favoritism going on here. I've been interested in the different responses on the subject and I hoped no one interpreted my questioning as an attack.

Last edited by SimTide985; 08-17-13 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-18-13, 11:31 AM
3is
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered my first Lexus! IS 350 F-Sport (Mercury Grey Mica / Nebula Grey 1H9 with red interior).

although we have a choice for USB but the interior is red regardless of exterior and cant be changed, so i thought it is not a nice combination.

there is only one package here for F-Sport:

RWD, Nav, Standard 8 speakers, rear sun shade, rear view camera, auto folding mirrors, ventilated seats, etc, no pre crash no radar no remote engine start
Old 08-18-13, 12:23 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 3is
just ordered my first Lexus! IS 350 F-Sport (Mercury Grey Mica / Nebula Grey 1H9 with red interior).

although we have a choice for USB but the interior is red regardless of exterior and cant be changed, so i thought it is not a nice combination.

there is only one package here for F-Sport:

RWD, Nav, Standard 8 speakers, rear sun shade, rear view camera, auto folding mirrors, ventilated seats, etc, no pre crash no radar no remote engine start
One of the demo cars at my dealer is Mercury Grey / Red. Looks realy good.
Old 08-19-13, 12:24 AM
3is
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jhs82
One of the demo cars at my dealer is Mercury Grey / Red. Looks realy good.
thanks!

although the white looks excellent on the F sport but i have owned so many white cars before and i had to change!

i cannot wait to get my car! it will be 3-4 months of waiting
Old 08-19-13, 11:28 PM
koung
Driver School Candidate

New to the forums, but not necessarily to the car. I think I might be one of the first ones in the country to have gotten the 350 since my dealership broke street date for me. They let me drive mine off on June 29th (not by much, but it was awesome of them to let me pick it up early). I picked up the 350 F-Sport ultra white with black interior I'll be posting pics shortly just wanted to introduce myself.
Old 08-20-13, 12:22 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3is
thanks!

although the white looks excellent on the F sport but i have owned so many white cars before and i had to change!

i cannot wait to get my car! it will be 3-4 months of waiting
I suffer with you. Just got of the phone with my dealer. Delivery September 6.
Old 08-20-13, 04:58 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suffer with you. Just got of the phone with my dealer. Delivery September 6.
Sept 6. is right around the corner. Congrats. I could only wish that I had a delivery date. I ordered May 17th.
Old 08-20-13, 05:15 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
Sept 6. is right around the corner. Congrats. I could only wish that I had a delivery date. I ordered May 17th.
It turned out that the version I wanted was already on its way. A dealer ordered it as a demo, but it got redirected to me instead as soon as it came into the harbor. Total delivery time 4 ½ weeks.
Old 08-20-13, 05:23 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It turned out that the version I wanted was already on its way. A dealer ordered it as a demo, but it got redirected to me instead as soon as it came into the harbor. Total delivery time 4 ½ weeks.
Good timing on that one...
Old 08-20-13, 08:21 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by koung
New to the forums, but not necessarily to the car. I think I might be one of the first ones in the country to have gotten the 350 since my dealership broke street date for me. They let me drive mine off on June 29th (not by much, but it was awesome of them to let me pick it up early). I picked up the 350 F-Sport ultra white with black interior I'll be posting pics shortly just wanted to introduce myself.
Hi

I picked up mine June 29th also.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!