IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-19, 06:53 PM
Russelsfl
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New year new car😎

Hello everyone! Russel in south Florida here. Just bought a 2016 is200t F sport in ultra white with the black interiour and red seats. I traded in my 2013 accord exl coupe v6, I will miss that car as I do my old rsx-s, but holy smokes Ive never driven a car of such luxury, and the way it drives is AMAZING! I can definitely feel the way it handles based on its great weight distribution, its on rails around corners and no body roll...my accord was very front heavy.
The sound system is wonderful and the interior makes alot of sence and very comfortable. I drove it home in miami traffic and didn't feel as worn out when I got home. The cabin is super quiet and the seats are very comfortable.
The power is nice, I love that low end torque! Im gonna have to get used to a turbo rwd, it surprised me on the highway when I got on it, I looked down and was going 90 and didnt even realize it!
Once I get used to the way it drives Ill get the burger motors piggyback device and then maybe an intake for a few more ponies and so I can here the turbo👌🏼

Last edited by Russelsfl; 01-21-19 at 06:54 PM. Reason: adding a pic
Old 01-22-19, 04:41 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Russelsfl
Hello everyone! Russel in south Florida here. Just bought a 2016 is200t F sport in ultra white with the black interiour and red seats. I traded in my 2013 accord exl coupe v6, I will miss that car as I do my old rsx-s, but holy smokes Ive never driven a car of such luxury, and the way it drives is AMAZING! I can definitely feel the way it handles based on its great weight distribution, its on rails around corners and no body roll...my accord was very front heavy.
The sound system is wonderful and the interior makes alot of sence and very comfortable. I drove it home in miami traffic and didn't feel as worn out when I got home. The cabin is super quiet and the seats are very comfortable.
The power is nice, I love that low end torque! Im gonna have to get used to a turbo rwd, it surprised me on the highway when I got on it, I looked down and was going 90 and didnt even realize it!
Once I get used to the way it drives Ill get the burger motors piggyback device and then maybe an intake for a few more ponies and so I can here the turbo👌🏼
Welcome to the forum Russel, and your 'new to you' 200t!
Old 01-22-19, 09:16 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

Was a previous '10 450h owner and now got an '17 IS300 F sport.
-Atomic Silver exterior
-Rioja red interior
-18" wheels

**badly needs RR tuning**

Will post some pics later
Old 01-25-19, 11:18 AM
Kaijyuuu
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally got a new 3IS

hi guys! First time owning a Lexus. Just got a used 2016 IS200t f-sport. Black outside and black inside. Got a great deal on it. Hope to be educated on this Lexus from this forum, thanks everyone.

The owner had added rsr lowering springs on it which made it look really nice.
Old 01-25-19, 11:20 AM
Kaijyuuu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by simon876
Hey guys, I'm Simon from Jamaica & new to the forum. I recently got this beauty imported. Its a 2017 IS 200t Fsport in White with Roja Red seats. Probably the only & first one in my country that has the new facelift in F Sport model. Car runs smooth & very comfortable apart from its lag in the lower rpms, I have no complaints. It has some aesthetic mods done to it. apologies that the wheels look a bit dirty in this pic but i just got the car cleaned up. I will post more of it in the different sections.
19inch Vertini wheels
Lowered RSR Downs
Carbon Fiber Front Splitters
Carbon Fiber Rear lip Spoiler
EOS License Plate holder
congrats! That looks amazing
The following users liked this post:
simon876 (02-06-19)
Old 01-26-19, 09:48 AM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I got a 2014 lexus is250 F-sport 2.5l black interior and red exterior. I love this car!!!
Old 01-26-19, 10:05 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Catsndogs
Hello everyone,

I got a 2014 lexus is250 F-sport 2.5l black interior and red exterior. I love this car!!!
Welcome to the forum Cats! And a fellow 250 owner as well!
Old 02-04-19, 01:57 PM
PrankMonke
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Creepin' for a while now and now I'm coming out of my shell

Forum mates,
I'm not much of a poster, in anything. But this has been such a great resource for the work I have done on my 3IS that I want to introduce myself and say thank you to all the great posters.

2015 IS250 Luxury, Starfire Pearl / parchment, factory 18", factory LEDs

Aftermarket parts: (I live in Cali so my options are somewhat limited)
  • Tein Flex Z coilovers (I have the EDFC Active just need the install)
  • Invidia Q300 (a little too quiet)
  • AEM Intake
  • E&G classics Black Ice Fine Mesh Grill
  • APEXi Electronics - SMART Accel Controller
  • 20mm wheel spacers
  • Beat Sonic Nav Bypass

Having a ton of fun with this ride.
Old 02-04-19, 02:10 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PrankMonke
Forum mates,
I'm not much of a poster, in anything. But this has been such a great resource for the work I have done on my 3IS that I want to introduce myself and say thank you to all the great posters.

2015 IS250 Luxury, Starfire Pearl / parchment, factory 18", factory LEDs

Aftermarket parts: (I live in Cali so my options are somewhat limited)
  • Tein Flex Z coilovers (I have the EDFC Active just need the install)
  • Invidia Q300 (a little too quiet)
  • AEM Intake
  • E&G classics Black Ice Fine Mesh Grill
  • APEXi Electronics - SMART Accel Controller
  • 20mm wheel spacers
  • Beat Sonic Nav Bypass

Having a ton of fun with this ride.
@PrankMonke Welcome to the forum! Nice looking ride. So you know, I hate the background behind your car...it looks warm, peaceful, and inviting...hate all of it lol!!!
You should put some pics of that front grille up...every once in a while someone asks about aftermarket grilles, and I've never seen one yet.
How are you liking that Apexi controller?
And if it's hard to get aftermarket parts in Cali, let me introduce you to a little place I like to call Canada lol!
The following users liked this post:
PrankMonke (02-04-19)
Old 02-05-19, 07:55 AM
Bruno753
Driver School Candidate

Talking First time Lexus owner

So far i have had my Lexus for a few months not a single complaint... well besides cup holders but can live with that.
This is only my 2nd car i have ever owned and so far i feel great about my choose.

I own a 2016 IS200T
Black interior
Silver exterior
F- Sport
Old 02-05-19, 11:06 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bruno753
So far i have had my Lexus for a few months not a single complaint... well besides cup holders but can live with that.
This is only my 2nd car i have ever owned and so far i feel great about my choose.

I own a 2016 IS200T
Black interior
Silver exterior
F- Sport
@Bruno753 Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the turbo ride!
Old 02-05-19, 05:36 PM
gabe257
Driver School Candidate

Default Just joined the 350 club!

Just bought this baby a couple of weeks ago!
2015 IS 350 F-Sport in Starfire Pearl. Black interior. Windows came tinted from the previous owner.
I’m coming from a 2001 Benz E320, so you can imagine this is quite the upgrade for me.
I’m already looking to swap the exhaust out for the axle-back MagnaFlow.
What’s the best budget option for smoking out the lights?
If you have any recommendations or ideas for mods, I’d love to hear them!

Last edited by gabe257; 02-05-19 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 02-06-19, 01:27 PM
ThomasD94
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 2019 Lexus IS300h - Glasgow

Hi Guys,

New to your forum (& lexus ownership), I will be collecting my Velvet Black 2019 LEXUS IS300h Advance with premium nav, tri led head lights and heated steering wheel in 17 sleeps

My car has been delayed twice now and I ordered it last year. I will post pics once I have collected it!
I am a huge Lexus fan and I love the new LC500 & ES models!

Kind regards,

Thomas
Old 02-06-19, 02:04 PM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by simon876
Hey guys, I'm Simon from Jamaica & new to the forum. I recently got this beauty imported. Its a 2017 IS 200t Fsport in White with Roja Red seats. Probably the only & first one in my country that has the new facelift in F Sport model. Car runs smooth & very comfortable apart from its lag in the lower rpms, I have no complaints. It has some aesthetic mods done to it. apologies that the wheels look a bit dirty in this pic but i just got the car cleaned up. I will post more of it in the different sections.
19inch Vertini wheels
Lowered RSR Downs
Carbon Fiber Front Splitters
Carbon Fiber Rear lip Spoiler
EOS License Plate holder
OMG sweet baby!!! What a beautiful machine love the white and black contrast
Old 02-23-19, 07:50 AM
aniks
Driver School Candidate

Default 2nd Lexus

Hi All,
This is my second Lexus in 10 years. My first was a 1990 ES250 (Pictures attached) which was the first car my parents bought together. I recently had a 2014 BMW 328i, but that was totaled not too long ago. After doing a lot of research about safety, reliability, resale value etc. I made my mind up and went back to Lexus and found a fairly good condition 2016 IS300. I apologize for the bad photo, but hopefully this beauty lasts me a while!

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!