IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 06:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Congrats to you all above. Exciting times. The IS is a great car.
Old 07-12-18, 08:41 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by kanulec
Hi
Since over a month owner of 2014 IS300h. Standard Elite version (for Europe).
Beautiful red colour (burgundian red). This photo is not giving the real view of that :P

First upgrades:
- interior LED lights + mirrors
- added cruise control shifter
Next plans:
- trouble-free usage
- dual zone air conditioning (change of panel)
More to decide.
Great not every day we see a hybrid. Would like to see more of these! how is the power? and the fuel economy
Old 07-17-18, 02:10 PM
Mtnbiker7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner and New to the Forum

Hello, I just picked up an L/Certified 2015 IS 350 F Sport AWD with 23K on it. It's Ultra White/Rioja red. It has the F sport intake and exhaust, ML sound system, de-badged, and Nav. First thing I'm going to do is get the roof wrapped in glossy black. I'll post some pics soon. Hoping to get some valuable information from this site.
Old 07-17-18, 07:39 PM
Hikari
Driver School Candidate

Hi, new member here. current owner of 15 Toyota Highlander and member of Toyotanation forum. planning to purchase IS300 F Sport this weekend for my wife. looking forward for all the helpful post and mods here.
Old 07-17-18, 09:36 PM
fuexiong09
Driver School Candidate

hi there, just purchased a 2014 whites is350 AWD F sport. looking forward to getting some help and tips from this forum, thank you in advance!
Old 07-17-18, 10:03 PM
dakest
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Coming from BMW

Hello folks, I just got my first Lexus! used to be a loyal BMW 5 series owner but got tired of having issues every week.
My new to me Lexus is a 2014 IS 250 AWD in Nebula grey with black and grey interior, I'm loving it but a couple of days ago a drunk driver cut me off and damaged the grille and bumper, it's in the process of getting fixed.
I hope this community is more eager to help than Bimmer sites, any suggestions or ideas on mods or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-18, 06:55 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by dakest
Hello folks, I just got my first Lexus! used to be a loyal BMW 5 series owner but got tired of having issues every week.
My new to me Lexus is a 2014 IS 250 AWD in Nebula grey with black and grey interior, I'm loving it but a couple of days ago a drunk driver cut me off and damaged the grille and bumper, it's in the process of getting fixed.
I hope this community is more eager to help than Bimmer sites, any suggestions or ideas on mods or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum! And we especially welcome you over from the dark side!! (BMW...lol)
Congrats on the new to you 2014.

Just to get the ball rolling on your initial questions:
Mods (just the basics to get started...and really depends what you're into):
- Set of staggered 19' rims
- Suspension - lower on springs or coilovers (or if you're ready for the leap to bags)
- Axle back
- Intake
- chromes delete on the window trim and front grill surround (if you're into that)
- spoiler

That doesn't even touch on the interior.
Old 07-18-18, 08:58 AM
dakest
Pit Crew

Thanks for the reply, I would like to star doing cosmetic mods first then maybe intake and exhaust, my main quest now is to find a way to change the grille to the f sport or an aftermarket version, I don't want to change the bumper unless it's a straight swap.
Old 07-18-18, 10:00 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the reply, I would like to star doing cosmetic mods first then maybe intake and exhaust, my main quest now is to find a way to change the grille to the f sport or an aftermarket version, I don't want to change the bumper unless it's a straight swap.
It's not a straight swap. While the F Sport and Non F Sport grills looks similar in shape from a distance, they are very different when compared side by side.
Ikon sells a front end conversion kit where you get the bumper, grill, and all the little bits and pieces you need.
I'm not aware of aftermarket grills for the 3IS.
Old 07-18-18, 10:38 AM
dakest
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
It's not a straight swap. While the F Sport and Non F Sport grills looks similar in shape from a distance, they are very different when compared side by side.
Ikon sells a front end conversion kit where you get the bumper, grill, and all the little bits and pieces you need.
I'm not aware of aftermarket grills for the 3IS.
That sucks! Since the shop has to replace the bumper I thought maybe they could get the f sport bumper but that's very unlikely, at some point gonna have to make my own.
Since I'm new to Lexus I appreciate if I get pointed in the right directions with brands and sites to look for any aero enhancements.
thanks.
Old 07-18-18, 12:18 PM
Steven517
Driver School Candidate

2015 IS 350 FSport Nebula Grey with red interior
Universal air bags
Accuair air management
SPC adjustable upper control arms
Where are all the 3rd gen bagged riders at? Pictures?
Old 07-18-18, 12:30 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks! Since the shop has to replace the bumper I thought maybe they could get the f sport bumper but that's very unlikely, at some point gonna have to make my own.
Since I'm new to Lexus I appreciate if I get pointed in the right directions with brands and sites to look for any aero enhancements.
thanks.
Check out the vendors section and the new Marketplace (vendors directory listed there).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...s-for-3is-277/

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vendor_directory.php

You can start with Meraki. Many members have bought from them (not me personally), but they seem helpful and offer Club Lexus members a discount (i'm pretty sure...lol)
The following users liked this post:
dakest (07-18-18)
Old 07-24-18, 12:50 PM
Prezona
Driver School Candidate

Went in on the 4’th of July set on a 18 300t caviar exterior Rioja red interior and left with a 18 is350 F Sport Ultra White exterior black interior. Couldn’t find a 300t with the ML system so they gave me a nice deal on my trade (14 mustang) and made it happen wth the 350. First Lexus and I’m in love!

18 IS350 F Sport
Ext:Ultra White
Int:Black

Options: Comfort package, ML/nav, standard features

keeping her stock for life.

Last edited by Prezona; 07-24-18 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Pic!
Old 07-26-18, 03:59 AM
jeffwingo
Driver School Candidate

Default New (to me) IS!

I just purchased a 2014 IS 250C. I am moving from a 2003 SC430. I love my SC, but I needed just a little more room in the back seat and trunk. Getting my SC cleaned up and prepped for sale.

I succesfully updated the app software. Next thing is to get a map update.

Tips, tricks and advice are always welcome.
Old 08-02-18, 09:34 AM
MoreNachos
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Been lurking on the forums the last two months or since the purchase. Currently in the Seattle/bellevue area, just moved on from a Trailblazer SS (I'm really missing that LS2 V8 rumble, the custom exhaust gave it an amazing sound).
I bought a 2015 IS350 Fsport, ultra white with 21xxx miles, cpo.
It came with the OEM trunk spoiler, and i just added a small rear window/roof spoiler. Partially debadged, with the lexus badge and 350 lettering painted black, tinted all around.

Future plans include new wider wheels, exhaust upgrade, blackout all of the chrome trim, rear diffuser, skirts and a splitter.
I'm also somewhat interested in a conversion to the 2017/2018 fsport front bumper. Any info on that appreciated, couldn't find anything in the forums.

Thanks!

Last edited by MoreNachos; 08-02-18 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!