IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help with add a fuse please (vipmotoz drl headlights)

Old 05-18-19, 04:41 PM
Snapkiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with add a fuse please (vipmotoz drl headlights)

Hi guys and girls i got vipmotoz led headlights for my 2010 lexus is250. Now i was told by them and read on other posts that i need a add a fuse to tap into my ig2 fuse in order to run the LED strip as DRL.

I got the wiring and a micro add a fuse but now when i go to install it theres this plastic block that is in the way of the ig2 fuse. I cant get the fuse tap into the slot. Can someone please help me i have tried searching everywhere and cannot find anything. I saw a pic of someone with the tap of fuse but i have no clue how they did it.

Am i to cut and mod my fuse box so the fuse tap will fit??? I have had these lights for 2 weeks now and keep running into problems 1 after the other.

Please any advice or suggestions would help. Thank you!
Old 05-23-19, 10:42 PM
GyumDoong
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey I just went through this tonight on my 2006 model! Perhaps I can help

Does your fusebox look like this?

And are you using a Mini ATM fuse that's low profile? I tried to plug in a low profile add a fuse into the red box above and that big square socket (one with 30A fuse) was in the way. I ended up making it work with a https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...-tap/32416_0_0 which is a Mini ATM fuse. The pins are taller, so it plugs in without any issues to the fuse box.
Also, I ended up using 2 x 10A (total 20A) for both sides' DRL. I initially tried it with just 1 x 10A and the car wouldn't start.

Hope this works with you too!
Old 05-24-19, 03:51 AM
Snapkiller

Originally Posted by GyumDoong
Hey I just went through this tonight on my 2006 model! Perhaps I can help

Does your fusebox look like this?

And are you using a Mini ATM fuse that's low profile? I tried to plug in a low profile add a fuse into the red box above and that big square socket (one with 30A fuse) was in the way. I ended up making it work with a https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...-tap/32416_0_0 which is a Mini ATM fuse. The pins are taller, so it plugs in without any issues to the fuse box.
Also, I ended up using 2 x 10A (total 20A) for both sides' DRL. I initially tried it with just 1 x 10A and the car wouldn't start.

Hope this works with you too!
Hello

Omg yes thats the exact problem. The pins arent long enough. I bought mini low profile and micro add a fuse taps. Im in Canada so im not sure where to get it over here. I searched all of amazon but cannot find a long pin tap like that.

So u ran 2 add a fuse taps? I thought it was just 1 add a fuse tap then you run the 2 headlights wires together to create 1 wire and then connect it to the add a fuse. I currently installed the lights and they are so beautiful but i really want drl led strip lol.

Thank you for your reply!
Old 05-24-19, 09:13 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,477 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Search for Bussmann BP/HHH-RP
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-24-19, 09:50 AM
GyumDoong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Snapkiller
Hello

Omg yes thats the exact problem. The pins arent long enough. I bought mini low profile and micro add a fuse taps. Im in Canada so im not sure where to get it over here. I searched all of amazon but cannot find a long pin tap like that.

So u ran 2 add a fuse taps? I thought it was just 1 add a fuse tap then you run the 2 headlights wires together to create 1 wire and then connect it to the add a fuse. I currently installed the lights and they are so beautiful but i really want drl led strip lol.

Thank you for your reply!
No I put in 2 fuses into 1 fuse tap. I have the same setup as well -- passenger side connected to the driver side's wire and that going into a add a fuse. I initially put in 1 for 10A, and the starter would turn but it wouldn't actually start. Putting in a second 10A fuse did the trick. Maybe I haven't read the forums too carefully, but I hadn't seen anyone mention that you might need to double up on your current. So just a heads up
Old 05-24-19, 09:52 AM
GyumDoong
Driver School Candidate

This looks pretty similar to what I've used
https://www.amazon.ca/Qiorange-circuit-Adapter-Blade-Holder/dp/B01J9GTL6O/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=add-a-fuse+mini+atm&qid=1558716680&s=gateway&sr=8-1 https://www.amazon.ca/Qiorange-circuit-Adapter-Blade-Holder/dp/B01J9GTL6O/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=add-a-fuse+mini+atm&qid=1558716680&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Old 05-25-19, 06:49 AM
Snapkiller

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.

Yes i bought that add a fuse first with the long pins. The exact one but it is different shape than our oem ones so i thought it would not fit? It doesnt matter the type of add a fuse once the pins are tall enough? Even using different fuse sizes other than the tiny oem ones will work fine?

This weekend is gonna rain which sucks but thanks for all the info guys cause ill attempt this when the weather is better. Canada gets real **** weather on and off.