ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   2007 TPMS light coming on (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/906132-2007-tpms-light-coming-on.html)

oldteacher 12-07-18 04:57 AM

2007 TPMS light coming on

The TPMS light came on after a highway run of about 45 minutes, but it came on after coming to a stop and idling for a few minutes. This happened 3 times. Since the sensors were old, I had them all changed, and it’s still happening.

HELP!!!

mandyfig 12-07-18 05:38 AM

TPMS coming on means the air pressures are low. Before we can comment on your situation, we need to get a little bit more information.

Who replaced your TPMS? Did they evaluate and determine they needed replacement? Normally the batteries die and hence need replacement or otherwise some die because they were

Bichon 12-07-18 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by mandyfig (Post 10377694)
TPMS coming on means the air pressures are low

Actually, TPMS light coming on does not necessarily mean pressures are low. TPMS light with the message "LOW TIRE" in the center display means pressure is low in on or more wheels, but TPMS light with "CHECK SYSTEM" means that the car isn't communicating with one or more sensors, often because TPMS sensor batteries have failed. The OP didn't mention whether he is seeing "LOW TIRE" or "CHECK SYSTEM"

oldteacher 12-07-18 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bichon (Post 10377851)
Actually, TPMS light coming on does not necessarily mean pressures are low. TPMS light with the message "LOW TIRE" in the center display means pressure is low in on or more wheels, but TPMS light with "CHECK SYSTEM" means that the car isn't communicating with one or more sensors, often because TPMS sensor batteries have failed. The OP didn't mention whether he is seeing "LOW TIRE" or "CHECK SYSTEM"

sorry about that...”Check System” light is on, which I take it means that one of the sensors is not communicating, which is weird because they are new, unless one is faulty. But they were are programmed so it must be the ECU?

Bichon 12-07-18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by oldteacher (Post 10378040)

sorry about that...”Check System” light is on, which I take it means that one of the sensors is not communicating, which is weird because they are new, unless one is faulty. But they were are programmed so it must be the ECU?

I'd bring it to a tire shop that has a dedicated TPMS tool (BARTEC or similar), preferably when the CHECK SYSTEM is on. With a TPMS tool, they can individually scan each wheel, so you'll know which sensor is bad. And if none are bad, they can use the tool to re-program the sensor ID numbers into the car.

Aspect 12-08-18 05:18 AM

Maybe it's possible that the TPMS sensors you replaced them with aren't compatible with our cars? Not sure, just a thought