IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New headlight option is coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-19, 04:15 PM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Hey Mysta, how do you wire it to the parking light? Fuse or have to find the wire in the harness and tap it?
Fuse, Clean and easy
Old 01-25-19, 08:41 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Ok guys picked these up the other week and just now getting around to working on them. So here's a mini review for now .While mine seem to be packaged ok, I didn't notice this crack on the headlights until now .luckily the part that's cracked is hidden by the bumper .I noted in my previous post the seal was poorly done. After opening these so easily I'm certain alot of you guys will experience condensation. I didn't see the cracked part anywhere inside the box so I'm positive this happened prior to packaging and shipping .Last issue I was concerned with was after opening my headlights I saw one of the ribbon cables was ripped .Everything powers on just fine but who knows if there will be any long term issues .

Old 01-25-19, 09:52 PM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Ok guys picked these up the other week and just now getting around to working on them. So here's a mini review for now .While mine seem to be packaged ok, I didn't notice this crack on the headlights until now .luckily the part that's cracked is hidden by the bumper .I noted in my previous post the seal was poorly done. After opening these so easily I'm certain alot of you guys will experience condensation. I didn't see the cracked part anywhere inside the box so I'm positive this happened prior to packaging and shipping .Last issue I was concerned with was after opening my headlights I saw one of the ribbon cables was ripped .Everything powers on just fine but who knows if there will be any long term issues .

That sucks about the crack, the ribbon that's torn you have seems to only be structural(dark areas are contacts(connections) Prob wouldn't be bad to reinforce though. Mine seemed sealed pretty well but will prob throw some extra silicone on it anyway.
Old 01-26-19, 12:04 PM
matthewis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zynthe
Will the lights work if i have OEM HID and AFS lights?

i cant see the video but if they are the ones with 3 or 4 led projectors, i was told they will fit . But im not 100% sure
Old 02-01-19, 02:41 AM
jxdigital
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone see if the LEDs are really not replaceable? It's a big hassle to buy/replace a whole new headlight unit when a single LED goes out... Why did they choose this design when there are so many replacable car fitting LED lights on the market?
Old 02-01-19, 08:56 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jxdigital
Can anyone see if the LEDs are really not replaceable? It's a big hassle to buy/replace a whole new headlight unit when a single LED goes out... Why did they choose this design when there are so many replacable car fitting LED lights on the market?
That is what they told me when I asked what size bulbs to replace them and they told me that "the LED system is very complicated and difficult to access so it is not replaceable but should last 5 years or more."

If/when they go out I will gut them and do a retro.
Old 02-01-19, 09:34 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jxdigital
Leds are replaceable in a sense If you're able to diy or have a company do it .As far as buying replacement parts I doubt vland will do that over selling headlights as a whole .I'm alrralr gutting mine

The following users liked this post:
Joelseff (04-13-19)
Old 02-01-19, 12:51 PM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Leds are replaceable in a sense If you're able to diy or have a company do it .As far as buying replacement parts I doubt vland will do that over selling headlights as a whole .I'm alrralr gutting mine

These look incredible man. Making me feel ways about mine now lmao
Old 02-02-19, 08:47 AM
Viru
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

How did you do this? It looks amazing!
Old 02-02-19, 10:26 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Viru
How did you do this? It looks amazing!
Thanks man . Alot of custom work .Soldering, shaping etc.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/910019-my-custom-vland-headlights-build.html
Old 02-08-19, 08:44 AM
bmwboyee
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone want to sell me their old set of headlights? I'm wanting to do a projector retrofit and want to not have the car down and do the retrofit on a spare set. LMK.
Old 02-09-19, 01:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow what talent!!! Those look really good. Love the mini 'L's'/Hockey sticks
Old 02-09-19, 03:11 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Wow what talent!!! Those look really good. Love the mini 'L's'/Hockey sticks
Lmao thanks Jared.
Old 02-13-19, 06:35 PM
Chewoot
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know a good shop in So Cal (orange county area) that can install my vland headlights and tail lights?

Havn't recievee the headlights yet but i saw that some people were having trouble with the seals not being good.

I just want to make sure they get put on properly and have the seal fixed if it possibly comes bad.
Old 02-15-19, 10:11 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 739 Likes on 212 Posts

Just came across this link on AliExpress where a seller is selling the Vland type headlights but has 4 different options:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs...968827824.html

1. Full LED (like normal).
2. LED low beams with xenon/HID high beam.
3. Halogen low beams and xenon/HID high beam.
4. Supplied with no bulbs.

The prices are outrageous however, but it's interesting to see more than just the full LED option being available.

Quick Reply: New headlight option is coming soon