IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-23, 06:52 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hardy272
Hi @Dukenukemx , If you have root may I ask you a favor? Last week my headunit decided not turning on anymore (stuck on android logo every time), the only way I could fix it was by updating the firmware using a custom recovery and a modded rom I got from 4PDA (it comes with root), everything is fine but I have no longer the "Original car" radio app because those firmware are for other cars/MCU , so my original radio does not work anymore (I cannot use AM/FM, AUX, CD) , I really want to try to install the original radio app from your firmware, if you could provide me with that apk (and the launcher apk if you don't mind) to try would be great!
I've also lost the radio app as well, doing the same thing. The app that controls the cars original radio works just fine. I can try to get the launcher apk since that still exists.
Old 06-12-23, 02:08 PM
LEXXXUS801
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
I've also lost the radio app as well, doing the same thing. The app that controls the cars original radio works just fine. I can try to get the launcher apk since that still exists.

I'm fairly certain I have the original software. As I backed up u it before mine took a ****. Any luck on that update file? Mine will not go past android at boot. No wifi no adb (that I've accomplished anyways) need some help getting somewhere
Old 06-16-23, 01:55 AM
LEXXXUS801
Rookie

Hi @Dukenukemx , If you have root may I ask you a favor? Last week my headunit decided not turning on anymore (stuck on android logo every time), the only way I could fix it was by updating the firmware using a custom recovery and a modded rom I got from 4PDA (it comes with root), everything is fine but I have no longer the "Original car" radio app because those firmware are for other cars/MCU , so my original radio does not work anymore (I cannot use AM/FM, AUX, CD) , I really want to try to install the original radio app from your firmware, if you could provide me with that apk (and the launcher apk if you don't mind) to try would be great!

Do you have a copy of update file and mcu still? I could really use it.
Old 06-16-23, 09:57 AM
hardy272
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi @LEXXXUS801 , I don't have a MCU backup, but I think I can do a backup, MCU don't usually break on a bootloop.
I have android 7 so the firmware i used is this one modded firmware that comes with root, and without the red alert caused for flashing a different firmware than the stock https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1...xport=download
To boot on the stock update mode, I just pressed the reset button like for 5 seconds, after that I pressed again for 3 seconds, and after that for another 3 seconds, I dont know what exactly its the process but you have to try if does not boot searching for update firmware.

Just put extracted files on the root of a usb drive (only one of the usb port work for this, you have to test which one)

When I used a firmware update, I still had the bootloop, so if the update don't work for you, you must flash a custom recovery, you need a usb keyboard (a wired one) to navigate in recovery. Here do you have the recovery you need to flash (this will make the headunit automatically boot on the custom recovery, you have to do a wipe/factory reset) , use the version of your head unit, either way the headunit only recognize the version of their respective version, in my case I used the android 7 version (i.e. version V8.2.1_xx), in this link change the origin language to russian:
https://4pda-to.translate.goog/forum...#entry65092945

After the wipe/factory reset you have to reflash the modded firmware in order to have a normal boot, (i.e. you need to boot the HU in the update mode using the reset button to flash the firmware), after the flash the headunit should boot normally, just change your settings on extra settings to match our cars/MCU

In a nutshell:
Update/modded firmware did not fix my bootloop
I flashed a recovery
Did a wipe/factory reset
Flashed again the firmware

Please note , if you do not have a bootloop and do this you will lose your original radio features (AM/FM/AUX/CD Player)

@Dukenukemx If you can provide the launcher would be great as well.

EDIT: I think I found our original firmware, here the links:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/G5Ud/c6cnqXiGU -- Looks like the firmware + MCU
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2Z9z/EKVzXMMr7 -- Only Firmware

Tested the first firmware's link, but I got a boot loop, I changed the names to match my firmware from android 7 in order to be flashed, android 6 firmwares names are different from android 7 firmwares names (i.e. bootloader search for specific firmware filenames to flash when booted). I did rollback with the modded firmware again.

Last edited by hardy272; 06-16-23 at 03:14 PM. Reason: correcting and adding things
The following users liked this post:
Dukenukemx (06-19-23)
Old 06-16-23, 06:57 PM
LEXXXUS801
Rookie

Hi @LEXXXUS801 , I don't have a MCU backup, but I think I can do a backup, MCU don't usually break on a bootloop.
I have android 7 so the firmware i used is this one modded firmware that comes with root, and without the red alert caused for flashing a different firmware than the stock https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1...xport=download
To boot on the stock update mode, I just pressed the reset button like for 5 seconds, after that I pressed again for 3 seconds, and after that for another 3 seconds, I dont know what exactly its the process but you have to try if does not boot searching for update firmware.

Just put extracted files on the root of a usb drive (only one of the usb port work for this, you have to test which one)

When I used a firmware update, I still had the bootloop, so if the update don't work for you, you must flash a custom recovery, you need a usb keyboard (a wired one) to navigate in recovery. Here do you have the recovery you need to flash (this will make the headunit automatically boot on the custom recovery, you have to do a wipe/factory reset) , use the version of your head unit, either way the headunit only recognize the version of their respective version, in my case I used the android 7 version (i.e. version V8.2.1_xx), in this link change the origin language to russian:
https://4pda-to.translate.goog/forum...#entry65092945

After the wipe/factory reset you have to reflash the modded firmware in order to have a normal boot, (i.e. you need to boot the HU in the update mode using the reset button to flash the firmware), after the flash the headunit should boot normally, just change your settings on extra settings to match our cars/MCU

In a nutshell:
Update/modded firmware did not fix my bootloop
I flashed a recovery
Did a wipe/factory reset
Flashed again the firmware

Please note , if you do not have a bootloop and do this you will lose your original radio features (AM/FM/AUX/CD Player)

@Dukenukemx If you can provide the launcher would be great as well.

EDIT: I think I found our original firmware, here the links:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/G5Ud/c6cnqXiGU -- Looks like the firmware + MCU
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2Z9z/EKVzXMMr7 -- Only Firmware

Tested the first firmware's link, but I got a boot loop, I changed the names to match my firmware from android 7 in order to be flashed, android 6 firmwares names are different from android 7 firmwares names (i.e. bootloader search for specific firmware filenames to flash when booted). I did rollback with the modded firmware again.

Thanks man I been looking for something for a while. I found the recovery thing a while ago but all links are dead. Do you by chance still have recovery files? I can't get into recovery to save my life.
Old 06-17-23, 01:32 PM
hardy272
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry bro, here do you have recovery files for android 6 and 7, you can put both extracted files on a usb drive, once you boot on bootloader , it will pick the right one to flash:

Remember after you flash the custom recovery, it will boot only in recovery mode, in this mode you must use a wired usb keyboard (try both usb port, only one will work) to navigate through the menu, first you have to do a wipe cache, and then a wipe data/factory reset.

After that you need to flash the modded firmware (4 files on usb drive root) and boot the headunit in bootloader mode (using the reset button method/emergency mode , it's very finicky that way but eventually will boot searching for an update, try to press the button repeatably , you will know when you boot in this mode because on top of the head unit you will see a green text "update start").

After the firmware complete flashing, the recovery partition will be back to stock, so it will boot normally

Please note, on first boot, the air conditioner app would not work, after second reboot will work OK
Attached Files
File Type: rar
recovery-a6.rar (14.23 MB, 3 views)
File Type: rar
recovery-a7.rar (14.46 MB, 2 views)
Dukenukemx (06-19-23)
Old 06-24-23, 02:02 AM
frasiec
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened?

So, did the USA specific Canbus resolve the ac control problems?

QUOTE=zcollier;10395152]
Thanks, @ucflexus !!

I’ll keep you in the loop as I test my new USA-specific CAN BUS decoder after it arrives. And I’ll also do some poking around for them missing AC wires you mentioned.
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-26-23, 11:19 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey @hardy272 I got all the apk files in my stereo.Don't know which one you need so I grabbed everything in the apk folder. I do know that com.tw.radio_78cc.apk is for the radio and installing it brought back my radio, the one built into the new stereo, the OEM radio still worked fine other than the station numbers being off. I have to look into a radio signal amplifier to boost the signal so I can totally use that instead of the OEM one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
apk.zip (10.81 MB, 5 views)
Old 07-07-23, 06:31 PM
LEXXXUS801
Rookie

Default Same?

Not sure if they are the same, but here is my apk back up as well from my unit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
apk.zip (10.81 MB, 5 views)
Dukenukemx (07-11-23)
Old 08-22-23, 11:41 AM
trdblackis
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know where I can get the orange US canbus decoder?