IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nav PCB board (Dead / white Screen)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-17, 05:35 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Nav PCB board (Dead / white Screen)

Hi,
So it seems that this problem is occurring more and more with 2IS owners now. It is critical to fix because once it happens there will be no way to control the AC , and you will loss the ability to see through the rear camera, as well as DVD video/ radio stations...etc

To be clear this problem is different from touch screen not working, this is a problem where even the lights under the buttons next to the screen will not light up.

So there are three solutions.
1. Replace the PCB board, part only seem to cost $300, if anyone finds it for less please share.
2. Repair the PCB board. I don't think we have someone doing this service? (Keep in mind that occasionally the screen come back to life for 1 min or so)
3. Replace the whole unit with new Android screen ($400 - $550).

I Am currently facing the issue and thinking about getting an android screen, because It would be powerful to have it where you can install different apps such as google maps, IPTV and have HD quality video. The real problem is that I have contacted many of the suppliers selling and making those screens specifically for 2IS, and concluded that perhaps all of them are designed to be plug and play for Non-Nav equipped 2IS. In other words you will not be able to directly install them if you had Nav unit.

Did anyone swap their screen to an android unit? if yes, please share the unit bought and help us by mentioning if ALL original functions still work (Reverse camera feed, DVD video, steering wheel buttons and no airbag light on)

Thanks,
Old 11-11-17, 09:35 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Well,
The android unit is only work for non Nav vehicle which mean won’t work on your car (someone correct me if I were wrong) due to the wiring totally different. you should contact seller for more info if you want to get it
Old 11-14-17, 08:25 AM
See5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Well,
The android unit is only work for non Nav vehicle which mean won’t work on your car (someone correct me if I were wrong) due to the wiring totally different. you should contact seller for more info if you want to get it
Hi Whitebeast,
Good to see you still around

Yes as far as I know I could not find an Android unit that fits directly which is why am asking if anyone found a unit. If not then what is the best price for the PCB board? And what is the difference between rev 1/2 and 2/2 ? I think you are the best one to answer as I saw many posts regarding this topic by you.

Trying to find a PCB board now.
Thanks
Old 11-24-17, 05:39 AM
See5
Pole Position

Any help guys?

+ I think the Tesla version fits directly but does it still have the issue of making Airbag light on?

Thanks.
Old 11-25-17, 08:37 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Both board version will work fine on our car. Order, replace it and you are good to go