IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Chinese 10" Android headunit

Old 07-20-17, 08:04 AM
eykash
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Have tried changing radio region in settings but it does nothing. Getting nothing out of asvegen

Haven't tried aux, currently overseas so won't be able to till back in about a week

Unit does display climate setting temps in climate screen in Celsius but not outside temp
Thanks for reply. I have same unit but I dont see climate temperature and can not change it - only Low and High...The same I see on your picture - only low...How you made temperature in Celcius visible?
Old 07-26-17, 04:21 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by eykash
Thanks for reply. I have same unit but I dont see climate temperature and can not change it - only Low and High...The same I see on your picture - only low...How you made temperature in Celcius visible?
Sounds like your unit not connecting to climate unit in car. Mine just worked from the start. Did your car have factory nav or did u convert from non nav?
Old 07-26-17, 10:38 PM
eykash
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Sounds like your unit not connecting to climate unit in car. Mine just worked from the start. Did your car have factory nav or did u convert from non nav?
My car was without OEM Navi...Do you have any pictures of how it should be connected?

Last edited by eykash; 07-26-17 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-27-17, 05:00 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Been trying to get OBD adapter to work with this unit, so far have tried 2 different bluetooth ones and a USB one. The unit won't pair to any of them. Unit has Allwinner R16 mainboard with custom bluetooth so normal android bluetooth managers don't work. Got zero support out of Asvegen. Have found setting to enable onboard radio (rather than using oem one via the "original car" app). Going to try plugging antenna into it and use radio app to bypass freq display prob using oem radio
Old 12-06-17, 02:19 PM
Ruud82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the looks of this Headunit. My car is a European IS250 from 2007 with OEM NAV and Mark Levinson audio. Somehow the DVDdrive cant read any map info anymore so my Navi became useless.
Most of the alibaba or ebay sellers tell me this android unit will not work with my car.

I reckon i should first convert to non-nav spec as you did. Do you know any tutorials on that?... Would i be able to keep the Mark Levinson amp??

gr. Ruud
Old 12-06-17, 04:15 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you gotten your radio fixed? I have the same unit and it's limited to 97.60 in frequency.
Old 01-02-18, 12:42 AM
SuitedGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys! I really enjoy how this unit look, Im working on a Is350 2011 and found this unit in Alibaba while looking for the one you guys are talking.

Does anyone have seen this unit installed? I looks awesome that huge vertical screen "tesla" type but im not sure if worth the purchase.

Link of the Alibaba
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Quad-...7fe8a369&tpp=1

PD this is my first post here. My apologies if I break rules or do something unwanted.
Old 01-02-18, 01:02 AM
SuitedGuy
Driver School Candidate

Nevermind, I just found the thread of the radio im asking about.
Old 02-06-18, 03:25 PM
chaose
Driver School Candidate

I was looking at that unit too. Did you end up buying that unit? It seems pretty good but I dislike the lack of physical buttons.
also can you show me that thread?
Old 02-06-18, 03:27 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

^Bought the same style unit for a Lexus GS from Phoenix Audio, very happy with it
Old 02-06-18, 03:38 PM
chaose
Driver School Candidate

Did you get the vertical screen one? Did you end up having any issues with it?
I'm looking into upgrading my center unit but seems like all the units on the market have some issues with the radio, the climate control, and mic.
My main concerns are being able to have a good bluetooth connection and connect factory mic to it.
Old 02-06-18, 03:58 PM
SuitedGuy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chaose
I was looking at that unit too. Did you end up buying that unit? It seems pretty good but I dislike the lack of physical buttons.
also can you show me that thread?

I haven’t yet. I’ve been indecisive between that one and an smaller one with pretty much the same functionality.

Will make my mind soon.
Old 02-12-18, 12:15 PM
fusiondrgn
Driver School Candidate

Subscribed. Comparing this with the other ones on eBay with the Tesla-like style screen. There looks to be 2 models, one with DVD and one without.
Old 02-13-18, 09:18 AM
chaose
Driver School Candidate

I think it comes down to whether you want physical buttons or not.
Old 02-13-18, 06:02 PM
evanshota
Driver School Candidate

Hey, just letting you guys know that all the chinese aftermarket headunit, as of right now (feb. 2018), cause the "faulty airbag" indicator light to go off because they only build/test their products on the asian/jdm version.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chinese 10" Android headunit