discovered another way to lock the doors - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

discovered another way to lock the doors

Old 06-18-17, 03:44 PM   #1
DennisMik
Pole Position

Default discovered another way to lock the doors

I was in a grocery store parking lot putting stuff in my trunk when another Lexus pulled into the parking space next to mine. The woman got out, pressed the little button on the door handle and the doors locked!

When I got home I tried this on my car. The other Lexus was not an IS but my IS locked the doors too. I knew the doors would unlock from the door handle, but I never thought about locking. But you do have to have the fob with you or the doors won't lock.
DennisMik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 05:26 PM   #2
bbaugher47
Lead Lap

Lol. You've never once been curious as to what that button did? Lol. You can also hold down the unlock button down on the fob and it will roll the windows down 1/2 way and pop the sunroof if its hot out.
bbaugher47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 06:08 PM   #3
Bkhectic
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismik View Post
i was in a grocery store parking lot putting stuff in my trunk when another lexus pulled into the parking space next to mine. The woman got out, pressed the little button on the door handle and the doors locked!

When i got home i tried this on my car. The other lexus was not an is but my is locked the doors too. I knew the doors would unlock from the door handle, but i never thought about locking. But you do have to have the fob with you or the doors won't lock.
hey buddy which planet are you from?
Lol just kidding but i'm glad you found something new. By the way mine is a 2012 and the remote doesn't open the windows and sunroof with the unclock button. I found out they took that feature off on the later models which sucks.
Bkhectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 06:40 PM   #4
DennisMik
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaugher47 View Post
Lol. You've never once been curious as to what that button did? Lol. You can also hold down the unlock button down on the fob and it will roll the windows down 1/2 way and pop the sunroof if its hot out.
Heck yeah, I always wondered what that button did. But with a 584 effing page long owner's manual, I just pushed the button by the window switches when I get out. I did know about the windows rolling down but don't do that because it requires taking the fob out of my pocket. Keyword - lazy.
DennisMik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 10:02 PM   #5
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkhectic View Post
Lol just kidding but i'm glad you found something new. By the way mine is a 2012 and the remote doesn't open the windows and sunroof with the unclock button. I found out they took that feature off on the later models which sucks.
Mine's an 06 and does it... you have to press the unlock button twice and hold it on the second press.
andrewwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 05:32 AM   #6
Merfwin
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
They didn't take the feature out they just disabled the feature because Lexus got to many complaints about windows rolling down from the unlock buttons getting pressed on accident.
Merfwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 06:38 AM   #7
Bkhectic
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfwin View Post
They didn't take the feature out they just disabled the feature because Lexus got to many complaints about windows rolling down from the unlock buttons getting pressed on accident.
yea I did hear that but I think Lexus would charge to enable it. I never asked but I should next time I visit the dealer
Bkhectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 07:20 AM   #8
Raar
Driver School Candidate

Haha, I saw this coming once I read the title. Glad you just discovered a new way to love your car!
Raar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 07:25 AM   #9
Merfwin
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
yea I did hear that but I think Lexus would charge to enable it. I never asked but I should next time I visit the dealer
I work at a Lexus Dealership I just had the shop foreman plug my IS up to the computer and change the setting. When you come if for service just ask your advisor tell the tech to go in and change it!
Merfwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 10:17 AM   #10
RussZTT
Rookie

Use it all the time.
RussZTT is offline   Reply With Quote