IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS250 LMS supercharged finally tuned

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-17, 02:20 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Lexus IS250 LMS supercharged finally tuned

Hey guys.It s been 5 months since I started tuning my IS250 from Mathew from OVtuning.The AFR is now at safe level .The truth is that when we first started I asked Mathew if the car could gain power after the tune and the answer was ofcource.During the tuning I asked him if the car can rich 300hp and he told me that it can do 300 maybe more.As you can understand I was very excited and anxious to see the final result.He told me that he will drop the ignition first at a safe level,corect the AFR and then he will give me the power.After 7 different files we flashed the AFR was finally corrected and I expected the power as he told me.Unfortunatelly the car was slower than it was before the tuning.I told him and then he became mad and told me that I wanted more than the car could gain.I always tested my car with my buddy's focus 1.6 turbo.I was always in front of him after I installed the sc kit .I new excactly how my car was before the tune and I tested the car every time I flashed a new file.I told that to Mathew and he told me that I shouldn't compare my car with faster cars.He also told me that 300 hp in that car is not fast anyway.We had some problems in understanding each other after that.Anyway I think everybody who pays 1200$ on a tune expects to gain power not become slower.He told me that the car was as fast as it could with the OEM file but it was not safe!I told him if I new that from the beginning I wouldn't spend that money on this.
Anyway after some emails he tried more and now the car is ALMOST as it was before the tune.I guess I m not so pleased with the final result after all these months but I guess that's it.
Old 04-11-17, 02:27 PM
PAVGR
Racer

I want to thank Mathew for doing everything he could from this distance.I m sure if I was there on the dyno he could squeeze more power of my car.I think if I add PPE headers and full exchast perhaps I could see the 300hp which was my dream from the beginning.If I install the 3GRFSE block with my sc kit I ll see more
Old 04-11-17, 05:13 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Do they not offer the 350 over in Greece? May be worth the switch if it is. Beautiful car by the way.
Old 04-11-17, 05:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Hi PAVGR, glad to see you're still modifying your IS. One of the most unique 2IS's out there
Old 04-11-17, 08:56 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

I thought I recognized a specific someone's car on OV Tune's FB page. I clicked into this hoping for good news but damn... 1200 in the hole and it's still slower than before... I don't know what to say but I hope you got some of that money refunded.
Old 04-11-17, 09:31 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Is250's have like 175whp how much did your car have at the wheels after the S/C?
Old 04-12-17, 07:38 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Thank you guys for the support!Hoovey2411 It's been a long time.I still remember your beautiful IS!350 is not an option in Europe so that was my dream hp gain for this car.I told him when we started that I saw the 10 hp gains on a stock 250 after the tune and he told me that I m boosted so I could see 300 maybe more!After 7 files when I saw that the car was worse than it was before the tune he told me that 350 is not a fast car after all!I was telling him that RRRasing made 220 hp gain in a ISF so in my mind I could gain 100hp in my 250.At the beginning he was telling me that 7 psi of boost was enough to see this power but at the end he was telling me that the LMS sc kit has a small charger!I told him that this kit was made for the 350 but then he told me not to expect magic power and that he is not a magician!
That was what upsets me more.I don't think anyone would ever pay to tune a car without expecting to see some gains!
Badx33 the car made 207 at the wheels.
I want to add that the engine sounds different after the tune and the AFR is now at 12.2 at wot which is good but the car on the street is the same as it was before the tune.Perhaps if I didn't know how the car was before the tune I wouldn't mind!
Anyway I told Mathew that I hope after all to see the car in the summer heat.I hope it won't burn a valve as it did before the tune.If it does I will assume that this tune was not necessary after all!
Old 04-12-17, 08:19 AM
Allan1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what a waste of time and money. better get isf.
Old 04-12-17, 11:52 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Believe me buddy I would if I could.With the stupid Greek taxes it's very dificult to buy an F and own it here.Only 2 are sold in Greece.I ve never seen one.
Old 04-13-17, 01:16 AM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

From your video it looks like you made 269hp at the wheels not 207hp?

I contacted Matt as well about tuning my supercharged 250. The problem from what I understand is that the tune for a supercharged IS250 is going to pull timing to run the car safer than the stock tune (this is what i gathered from my conversation with Matt). He actually couldn't understand I how I was able to even run the car on 10psi. The car will make less power on the OV tune if it wasnt experiencing knock than it will on the stock tune. I've ran my car as lean 13afr and still not experienced knock or noticeable loss of power and I'm running more PSI than you are. So I really don't think we need to pull timing for the low boost levels the stock fuel system allows on this car.
Old 04-13-17, 11:14 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Hey jrule2 I don't understand how this is happening.My buddy Elias who I bought the sc kit from including the AEM meth kit never had a problem with the car but ofcourse he was carefull during the hot summer which I wasn t .I burned a valve last summer during my road trip and when Mathew saw the spark plug told me that it happened from detonation which was caused from high ignition.The only diference from my buddy's car is that I don't have an exchast like he did but Mathew told me that this wasn't caused from the exchast.How can you run 10psi of boost?Do you push your car at wot?My experience is that the car didn't have a problem until 4500 rpm at stock file.I guess if you never push nothing will ever happen.He told me that he lowered the ignition only at high rpm.Have you ever dyno your car at 10psi?Your should be 300 hp at the crank then.Have you changed the spark plugs to colder ones?
Old 04-13-17, 01:11 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Old 04-13-17, 05:31 PM
jrule2
Driver

I know that a car with a higher flowing exhaust and headers will flow more than a car with a stock exhaust (or an exhaust that doesn't flow enough to address the back pressure). Psi is just a measurement of pressure so if you're exhaust is flowing more than Elias's car than 7psi for you would mean more air flow than it would for Elias.

​​​​​​i am running two step colder plugs actually. I'm running a 70mm pulley on a C38-81 supercharger which should produce about 16psi at redline. I'm using a wastegate on the coldside just after the blower to start venting air at around 4500rpm through to 6800rpm. So I make 6psi near instantly and then it builds the final 3psi slowly. I did get detonation at 4500rpm when I was boosting to 12psi.
Old 04-13-17, 05:34 PM
jrule2
Driver

Oh and I have not dynoed the car yet but I have lined up a IS350 and although I get jumped due to the IS350's gearing advantage.. I can pull away from an an is350 quite easily after that.
Old 04-13-17, 09:52 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Do you mind telling me what spark plugs are you runing?Do you have an exchast ?I didnt understand you mean that i need an exchast or not

Quick Reply: Lexus IS250 LMS supercharged finally tuned