IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Should I replace Injen Intake with F-Sport Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-17, 08:45 AM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Should I replace Injen Intake with F-Sport Intake?

So I have been debating recently on rather or not to replace my Injen intake with the F-Sport intake. Reason is because the high pitch sound the injen intake has drives me nuts and I'm pretty sure the F-Sport intake doesn't sound like that. Plus a few extra hp is always nice too. Problem is, I don't know if I want to spend that all that money just to upgrade the intake. Do you guys think it would be worth it?
Old 04-05-17, 09:14 AM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by akoster
So I have been debating recently on rather or not to replace my Injen intake with the F-Sport intake. Reason is because the high pitch sound the injen intake has drives me nuts and I'm pretty sure the F-Sport intake doesn't sound like that. Plus a few extra hp is always nice too. Problem is, I don't know if I want to spend that all that money just to upgrade the intake. Do you guys think it would be worth it?

its not worth $200 to change your intake. And you won't getting much hp gain, if any, from a fsport over your injen.
Old 04-05-17, 01:07 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

If you can trade your injen for the f sport sure, but if you're paying more I would say not to. It looks nice and all with the chrome piping and f sport embossed logo but that's all it is, just bling. The HP gain is negligible
Old 02-24-21, 12:07 PM
greyIS25
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in Cali and just passed smog but the tech questioned my intake since it was the chrome ISF air intake. I had to explain to him that was a stock part from Lexus. Next time I will just put back the stock air box for the visual inspection.
Old 02-25-21, 04:09 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by greyIS25
I am in Cali and just passed smog but the tech questioned my intake since it was the chrome ISF air intake. I had to explain to him that was a stock part from Lexus. Next time I will just put back the stock air box for the visual inspection.
I guess you can put back the stock intake but you don’t have to since it is CARB legal and he should pass you. I have this PDF saved to my phone so when it comes time to smog my car and he questions my f sport intake I would just show him this.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...eo/d-628-7.pdf
Old 02-26-21, 12:34 PM
ViktorG
Driver

Received 188 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by akoster
Neither will give you any HP over stock.