IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NEED HELP!!! Right turn signal staying on.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-17, 08:08 PM
Alexand3rr
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! Right turn signal staying on.

NEED HELP. I have a 2008 is350, the right signal stays on in the dashboard also in my right taillight. However nothing works on my right side headlight (passenger side). Also both of my fog lights aren't working. This started happening yesterday. See attached video.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1499.MOV.mov (3.18 MB, 690 views)
Old 03-22-17, 04:59 PM
Alexand3rr
Driver School Candidate

bump........
Old 03-22-17, 05:20 PM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Relay..fuse...
Old 04-14-20, 02:53 PM
Mjsalex350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexand3rr
NEED HELP. I have a 2008 is350, the right signal stays on in the dashboard also in my right taillight. However nothing works on my right side headlight (passenger side). Also both of my fog lights aren't working. This started happening yesterday. See attached video.

Thanks in advance.
did u ever figure out what the problem was....
I'm having the same problem. it happen after I hit a pot whole. Now my fog lights and my right side head light wont come on. Some times while I'm briving they flicker on and off but they will go off as soon as I hit a bump.
Old 04-14-20, 04:41 PM
skyfox
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same symptom (with the blinker lights) with another car which turned out to be a burned-out turn signal lamp.
Turn on your Left blinker. Now go out and check to see if both front and rear blinkers are working. Next, repeat for the right blinker. More than likely, you have a burned out turn signal lamp bulb on the right rear or front. More than likely on the front since your right side headlamp is not coming on. That is just a guess. I don't have a electrical print to confirm. First do a visual check. Then start checking the fuses and go from there.
Old 04-14-20, 06:23 PM
Mjsalex350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by skyfox
I had the same symptom (with the blinker lights) with another car which turned out to be a burned-out turn signal lamp.
Turn on your Left blinker. Now go out and check to see if both front and rear blinkers are working. Next, repeat for the right blinker. More than likely, you have a burned out turn signal lamp bulb on the right rear or front. More than likely on the front since your right side headlamp is not coming on. That is just a guess. I don't have a electrical print to confirm. First do a visual check. Then start checking the fuses and go from there.
I will try that tomorrow and let u know if that works... is there any where else u know, where I could possibly get some ideas about this....
Old 04-14-20, 07:16 PM
skyfox
Driver

See below. Again. It is not on a Lexus but a similar issue. Same exact issue I had with a different car.

Start checking the simple stuff first. Bulb, fuses etc. Also turn on your headlights and see which ones are out. Get somebody to help you checking the brake light as you press the brake pedal. If you come across a corroded dirty/bulb holder, don't attempt to clean it without first disconnecting the negative battery terminal.
Old 04-16-20, 03:52 AM
skyfox
Driver

Well, What did you find?
Old 03-05-21, 07:09 PM
Alexand3rr
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

I want to update this post and add the resolution of my problem since a couple of people have reached out to me through instagram having the same issue and their issue was resolved after I pointed them in the right direction.

The problem was a ground connector broke on the chassis behind driver side front bumper right under the headlight. It’s a cable with a ring on it where you bolt into the chassis. The cable was broken where it meets the grounding ring. (see the image for reference of what the cable looks like).

I soldered the cable back to the ring and bolted it to the chassis and the problem was solved.

Hope this can help anyone with the same issue.

The following 4 users liked this post by Alexand3rr:
GrizzlyMan (03-17-21), Hendan (05-01-21), Lucyshew (04-13-22), s3v3n (04-22-22)
Old 05-01-21, 10:54 AM
Hendan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Alexand3rr
Hello,

I want to update this post and add the resolution of my problem since a couple of people have reached out to me through instagram having the same issue and their issue was resolved after I pointed them in the right direction.

The problem was a ground connector broke on the chassis behind driver side front bumper right under the headlight. It’s a cable with a ring on it where you bolt into the chassis. The cable was broken where it meets the grounding ring. (see the image for reference of what the cable looks like).

I soldered the cable back to the ring and bolted it to the chassis and the problem was solved.

Hope this can help anyone with the same issue.

thanks for help. Ive got the same isue. Did you have to take the whole front bumper off ti fix it? I cant see the ground cabel.
Old 04-21-22, 06:49 PM
Lucyshew
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem with my IS250. After seeing this post I checked my ground wire and it was loose. This fixed my problem! Thank you!
Old 08-03-22, 09:47 PM
hardy272
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you SO much! Had this issue today on my 2008 IS250 , I thought it was my passenger side that was shorted but after seeing your post I had to try and that was it lol , if anyone have good blinker bulbs and have this issue it’s worth a try to check that ground. Here are some photos

This is how I fixed the ground issue , I soldered together to make a stronger Union

Then I used electric tape to isolate from any other cable just in case and bolted in again
The following users liked this post:
MrHarris (08-04-22)