IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 video out on the standard nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-17, 03:56 PM
Vukie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 video out on the standard nav

Hi guys, im looking to get some headrest monitors for the kids so they have something to watch on long trips, what i would really like to do is integrate the factory nav system into the setup so i can control what the kids are watching from the front seat without having to reach over to the back and swap DVD's while im driving. I have a 2011 IS350 with the standard non ML nav meaning i cant play DVD's from it.

The easiest way i think would be to get one of the iVic products from vaistech. this would allow me to mirror an android device onto the nav screen and then play any video file i want while on the move has it had an override for that too. But this brings me to my next hurdle, how to i get a video feed from the nav screen to the headrests? I have been told the factory lexus Nav does nto have an AV out and neither does the iVic, im sure there would be a wire somewhere in the factory loom for video i just need to know which one it is and tap into it, it seems like someone else has had this issue too and come up with a solution as per the below video but this was on a ML system so it looks like it is possible as per the vid below....

Has anyone done this before and do you know which wire i would need for the video feed?