IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-17, 07:01 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done on the install. I am looking forward to getting mine in too.

The only clips we really need to be careful of is the 4 clips at the top in the dash vents and the clips for the silver trim pieces that cover the bottom 2 bolts.

I'm not sure where the glue is. I have worked with new cars for most of my life and I have never seen glue to hold dissimilar plastics together. LDC, Can you please tell me where the glue is so I can be careful not to get it everywhere

Many thanks

Darren
Old 07-01-17, 06:49 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be putting up my beat sonic radio wire harness from my 2007 is250 / non nav, for sail soon for less than half of what I paid.
Old 07-03-17, 11:08 AM
oilers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Minormagic
Hello again
An update to my earlier post.
I have been in touch with Scosche and they have the updated panel available which will fit the 2010 on IS vehicles with the updated dash vents. They are sending me the new panel now.
So in answer to earlier posts about whether the Scosche panel fits, They have both panels available. You just need to let them know if it is pre or post dash update
Cheers
Darren
Hey Darren, no dice with Scosche. I have the same face lift vents (central adjustment) on my 09 IS350. I called in and they were unaware of the new panel that you mentioned. I'm also having issues with the rear output and had the kit professionally installed
Old 07-03-17, 11:12 AM
oilers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TakaM
Which is absolutely possible.

Additionally, you do want to be careful on what wires to connect and what not to connect.
As example, I didn't know our cars don't use rear speaker output lines. Uses two front speaker output to our OEM amp and then gets distributed to all speakers including the rears.
Since Scosche kit is made to be universal to all different kind of head units, there are things that doesn't get connected, which was the hardest thing to figure out, even though I'm somewhat versed in electronics.
I had Crutchfield support on my speed dial to get these things sorted out.
Hi TakaM, were you able to shed some light on which things didn't require connection? Scosche hasn't provided any help from that front. Thanks!
Old 07-04-17, 08:19 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oilers
Hi TakaM, were you able to shed some light on which things didn't require connection? Scosche hasn't provided any help from that front. Thanks!
I kind of went step by step connecting what was obvious and called Crutchfield about 4 different times to validate the wires in question.
Plus what worked for me not necessary may work for you unless you're installing Pioneer DVD Receiver (mine was AVH-4200NEX) connecting to the stock system/amp/speakers.
I also used "MicroBypass" to bypass the parking lockout as well.

From my memory based on above scenario, I did not connect rear speakers wires (right rear positive and negative, left rear positive and negative), auxillary inputs, "Key 1" and "Key 2" wires, and mute wire.
I also got Y-adpater for the two antenna cables to connect into one connector behind my receiver.

Last edited by TakaM; 07-04-17 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-04-17, 09:52 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

The new panel arrived from Scosche and apart from two small tabs on top the length of the panel was the same. I am calling them tonight my time to see what they want to do about there incorrect listing. If they do nothing I will end up cutting them up and make one good one out of the two. It wont be a problem as I have mucked around with this stuff. The passengers air bag indicator will go too as in Australia we do not have an option to turn it off. The Scosche website shows the correct panel so I don't know what is going on but I will get to the bottom of it tonight. 8.30am over there is 1.30am in the morning
Old 07-05-17, 09:23 AM
TakaM
Driver

Originally Posted by ldc
Just a word of advice, when you rip the centre console out you are going to brake some seals/factory glue. Be prepared for little rattles moving forward.
Huh? There were no seals or glues for the center panel so not sure what you're talking about.
After my install, there are no rattles or squeak. Everything is tight.

The only real caution I have is your dashboard. If you have sticky/crumbly dashboard issue, this process will definitely mess up your edges.
I installed mine after dash board was replaced under warranty, hence no issue.
Old 07-05-17, 01:36 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Yes I don't what that other guy was on about. Not sure why Lexus would glue all the panels together.

Are you happy with the way way the whole thing looks. Do the climate controls work well?

i have seen on another topic where a dash was all hacked around where the dash panel fits. I wasn't sure what this was but obviously this is the crumbly dash thing you mention. It looks terrible. I checked my dash and it seems soft and supple. Thank goodness

Cheers

Darren
Old 07-05-17, 02:37 PM
TakaM
Driver

Originally Posted by Minormagic
Yes I don't what that other guy was on about. Not sure why Lexus would glue all the panels together.

Are you happy with the way way the whole thing looks. Do the climate controls work well?

i have seen on another topic where a dash was all hacked around where the dash panel fits. I wasn't sure what this was but obviously this is the crumbly dash thing you mention. It looks terrible. I checked my dash and it seems soft and supple. Thank goodness

Cheers

Darren
Very happy with the look (you can judge for yourself by looking at the picture on post#54). I think the fit was great because we have non-nav 2007 is250. I believe Scosche used 2006 IS250 non-nav as a initial mold so it fit perfectly.
I also recommend using blue painter's tape on the edges when you take the panels out and do the installation (mask where you don't want any scratches). Those metal parts of the stereo can easily scratch the dash if you're not careful.
Old 07-05-17, 04:38 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Hello

Do have control over the smog filter with the scosche it. Ive been told that it doesn't work with their interface.

I have been in contact with scosche this morning. They have said they know there is an issue with the later dash but they have not got around to do doing something about it yet. They tried going down the route of 'we don't make our dash kit for RHD cars. I told them that tack wont work as the dash upgrade in 2009 was world wide and the centre dash binnacle is not facing one way or the other depending on what side the steering wheel is. It points straight ahead. Maybe you guys can help me confirm that.

They have emailed me their product notes on the issue and it is well noted.. They have temporarily fixed the problem by moving the whole dash piece upwards to eliminate the gap at the top and they have supplied a new dash piece with clips at the top to help hold the vents and dash together but of course now the gap is at the bottom

I think I will just source an early set of dash vents to solve the issue for today and if they get a new panel, I will fit that later with my original dash vents.

The ML system has to go!
Old 07-10-17, 08:35 AM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

I purchased the scosche kit from ebay for my 2011 Lexus (Non Nav). Will I have an issue with my vents? If so what can I expect to swap out/change?
Old 07-10-17, 07:40 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

The vents fit differently for car year 2006-2008 and 2009-2013. So if they made the unit fit 2006-2008, it's not going to fit 2009+ unless they made a different one.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeym718 (07-10-17)
Old 07-16-17, 02:47 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

My beat sonic harness is up for sale. $100
Don't let the price fool you. It worked perfectly. Putting car back to stock.
Old 07-16-17, 03:08 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Minormagic - Any updates? Did you went and did the install regardless? If so how did it go?
Old 03-23-18, 06:34 PM
PhAtXSuMo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got the "newest" Dual Control screen Scosche Dash Kit. Works well I like it a lot. I had this head unit laying around for a while. I will probably upgrade but i'm happy with my purchase. Disregard the sticky residue inbetween the vents. I used to have a strip of velcro there.

Quick Reply: Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real